main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT CARELESS WHISPER - Prose

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Author: Hopefulwriter
    Timeframe: Star Wars - The Original Trilogy
    Genre: Romance
    Characters: Leia Organa, Han Solo,

When I first saw you, clad in Stormtrooper armor, I didn't give you a second thought. After all, how dashing can a rescuer be when he's planned no route of escape? The garbage chute was another matter. We were all in danger of being crushed, but your worries were of Luke's and my safety. Then, our escape from the Death Star in your 'ship'. You ARE braver than I thought. That is when came the unbidden, scarcely wanted careless whisper. It echoed through my mind every waking and sleeping moment, but I pushed it aside. With the Rebellion's victory, due to you returning to help Luke, and the awards ceremony later, I didn't resist that careless whisper as I draped the heroes medal around your neck. Your flirting wink made my heart soar and I welcomed that careless whisper as it buzzed happily in my thoughts.

HOTH!! The careless whisper became a mocking taunt when you told us you had to leave. But, when you came back for me during the attack on the Command Center and our frantic scramble to escape Vader; the whisper echoed louder and louder. I was tempted to voice that careless whisper as you shielded my body under your own when the icy halls of Hoth crashed down around us.

THE FALCON...the habitat of the one to whom the careless whisper longed to speak. We were alone...no longer could I stem the tide. The whisper had become a frothing roar, bursting to come forth. You urged it on with your gentle, demanding kiss and the careless whisper surged to be spoken through my kiss moistened lips and would have, if Threepio hadn't interupted us. Later - my thoughts in turmoil, the only thing clear was that careless whisper.

BESPIN...Our rooms so beautiful, the perfect place. A private, intimate haven for me to utter that wonderful careless whisper to you. The interruptions didn't cease. Chewbacca with the shattered remains of Threepio. The grand tour with Lando and the betrayal banquet. Oh Han! Why hadn't I shared that careless whisper with you . Later, in the cell, you were in such pain. Now! My heart urged. It's the right time. Lando tells us you are to be given to the bounty hunter.

CARBON FREEZE...A hell in itself. How can I say that carless whisper now? I HAVE to - there may never be another time. So, in the presence of everyone,w ith them as my witnesses, that careless whisper burst forth from my lips and became a bold declaration as you were roughly taken from me.
    "I love you!"

"I know." was your trite, madening reply. But, I KNEW , if the other's didn't. That same careless
    whisper had also been speaking to you.

2. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Interesting take on the thoughts running through Leia's head! I love how she was mad and yet pleased at Han's reply, that's exactly the type of effect he has :p

Nyota's Heart and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Thank you for taking your time to read CARELESS WHISPER. I'm fairly new to online posting, for the past month or so
    and I'm enjoying reading other writer's stories also.

I enjoy writing humor, drama and romance for the SW characters. I've written many, many SW stories in the past and
    all were published in fanzines back in the day.

Have a good evening. Lynda V.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I love the song you named your story after (who doesn't?) and I love this story. Lovely meditation on "I know" and the truth is all there - regardless of how complicated and downright bizarre he may be at times, she loves him and she learned to understand the ways he shows affection.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Wonderful. LOL Now I'll never be able to hear that song "Careless Whisper" without thinking of H/L. :D I love tying OTPs to songs - it's what I do [face_laugh] [face_mischief] [:D]

6. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Yes, you've caught some of my writing 'tools'. I hear a song title, a spoken phrase and a story idea
    pops into my head.
    So many have made fun of Han's 'I know' as arrogance on his part, and that is why I wanted to
    expand on the thought....that his reply was reassurance to Leia...he knew already, and
    he wanted her to know.

Appreciate the time you take to ready what I write. Folks are busier now days.
    Have a good day. Lynda V.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Yes, I did get the title from that song. You're a 'kindred spirit' if you do the same.
    I can hear a song, a title of a song or story title and a story idea pops into my head.
    I wanted to expand on Han's "I know" as many thought it was arrogance on his part.
    He was letting Leia know he understood. His assurance to her.

Have a nice day. Lynda V.

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Just saw this and enjoyed it very much—very sincere and believable meditations by Leia on the trajectory of her love of A Certain Corellian Scoundrel, and echoing Ewok Poet I love how you made it lead up to that now-iconic little utterance "I know." I think I remember that little wink at the ceremony, too, and though I'm not familiar with the song you mentioned, I coudl certainly see that wink being the result of such a "careless whisper." Very nice work! :)

Ewok Poet likes this.