main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Carida Avenged: Unnatural Selection (AU/Thriller/Drama)Solos,L/M,TK,Zekk,O/Cs **COMPLETE**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Lucasfilm Limited. I am not profiting from this story in any way. Uncle George, please don?t sue me.

I don?t own any of the characters except my O/C?s Raven Solo, Marxx Racees, Tanella Racees, Krishta Racees, Krishtoff Starelli, Brukos Olissian, Nastya Chume?da, Shri Yarr, and Ahriman Soontis. Please do not use them in your own fics.

Story Parameters

(EU/AU/Thriller/Action/Drama/Romance)

Cast of Characters:

Original Film/EU Characters:

Han & Leia Solo Retired Galactic General, Leia Senate Representative to Jedi Council
    Luke & Mara Skywalker Jedi Masters, heads of Jedi Council, parents to Ben Skywalker
    Lando Calrissian Friend to Solo family, loveable scoundrel. Engaged to Tendra, owner of Coruscant restaurant Star Delights.
    Chewbacca Han?s co-pilot, Wookiee friend.

Solo & Skywalker Children:

Jaina Racees Senator for Naboo, Jedi Knight, married to Marxx Racees, has 3 year old daughter, Lynnia.
    Jacen Solo Jedi Master, head instructor Jedi Academy on Yavin 4, married to Raven Solo.
    Anakin Solo Jedi Knight, Prince of Hapes, married to Tenel Ka. Children, triplets (all girls): Rowen, Ania, and Hana
    Ben Skywalker Son of Luke/Mara, age 8, Jedi Academy Cadet

Racees Family Members:

Chariss & Rowlon Racees Parents to Marxx, Raven, and Tanella. Grandparents to Krishta and Lynnia.
    Marxx Racees Jedi Master member of Jedi Council, married to Jaina, twin of Raven Solo. 3 year old daughter Lynnia
    Raven Solo Jedi Master, head instructor Jedi Academy on Yavin 4, married to Jacen Solo, twin of Marxx Racees.
    Lynnia Racees 3 years old, daughter of Marxx and Jaina.
    Tanella Racees Starelli Older sister to Marxx & Raven, mother of Krishta, nanny to Lynnia. Parents Chariss and Rowlon Racees.
    Krishtoff Starelli Estranged husband to Tanella Racees, father to Krishta Racees.
    Krishta Racees Starelli 10 year old, daughter of Tanella Racees and Krishtoff Starelli. Jedi Cadet.

Solo Friends & Jedi Knights:

Tenel Ka Solo Jedi Knight, Queen mother of Hapes. Married to Anakin Solo, mother of triplets, Rowan, Ania, and Hana.
    Brukos Olissian Gem Entrepreneur, multi-millionaire friend to Tenel Ka and Anakin Solo.
    Nastya Chume?da Cousin to Tenel Ka, girlfriend of Brukos Olissian
    Lowbacca Jedi Master, Wookiee, friend to Solos
    Zekk aka Onyx Former Jedi trainee turned bounty hunter. Old friend to the Solo kids.
    Danni Quee Lead scientist at the Brukos Olissian Medical Facility on Hapes 8.

Assorted Emerging, and/or Minor Characters:

Ahriman Soontiss Senator from Wayland
    Shri Yarr Senator from Drall in the Correllian System
    Chancellor Rohnanne Galactic Chancellor from Coruscant
    Brakiss Dark Jedi, former apprentice to Luke Skywalker
    Tahiri and Shanari Veila Orphans from the planet of Nebsca
    Master Tionne Jedi Master on Jedi Council, human female
    Master Rodersuin Jedi Master on Jedi Council, human male
    Kyp Durron Former Jedi Master, heroically died in Destinies Entwined: Unmasked Soul, destroyed Carida and lived with the consequences of his guilt his entire life.
    Jedi Cadets Mee-Qui, Kynne, By?tna, Roodnick, Jannay, Too?la,

What came before:

Destinies Entwined: Jaina?s Journey, Nubian Son, Unmasked Soul
    To Court a Queen
    Legacy of Light

If you are interested in reading them wi

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Kyp Durron perished years ago, but the legacy of pain that his one recklessly destructive act, left behind lingering percussions that will be felt throughout the Galaxy? And for the Jedi who forgave Kyp for his crimes, one man will vow to make them pay for their compassion in protecting their own?.

Carida Avenged: Unnatural Selection

Prologue

Carida.

Selected by the Imperials as a hub of learning and training for their forces, the Caridan System of planets was used to train legions of men and women on how to keep the Galaxy in line under the tyrannical rule of the Emperor Palpatine. Although the Empire had been destroyed eleven years ago, the legacy of that failed institution lingers on, and the tradition of training troops under the structured guidelines of the Empire continued.

For one man, that institution represented the end of his innocence and childhood. Those Imperials, agents of evil as he saw them, slaughtered his parents and his older brother- simply because they opposed the ideals of the Empire. Kidnapped by the Imperials, they enslaved him to become a spice miner on Kessel. Once free, the impressionable young Jedi cadet became seduced by a long dead Sith Lord, Exar Kun. The Sith Lord nurtured the boy?s hatred for those who destroyed his family, and twisted his emotions until the enchanted young man was unable to alter his actions.

Flying the Imperial?s pet project,
    The Sun Crusher ? a weapon as powerful as the Death Star - Kyp Durron headed towards Carida to avenge the deaths of those loved ones that he lost during the days of the Empire?

Dressed in smart, gray uniforms, the children sat hunched over their desks, furiously scratching out the details in their mathematics test. From the front of the class, their pretty teacher watched over the bent over heads with eagle eyes- seeking out cheaters. She noted that one of her students, Jess Tynar was wistfully staring out the window instead of concentrating on her exam. Pushing back her chair, the teacher headed down the aisle and squatted next to her dreamy-eyed student.

She whispered, ?What?s the matter, Jess? Do you have a question with one of the problems?? Worry pierced her heart, as she noted that the girl?s face was wet with tears.

Pursing her lips the blond-haired girl shook her head. She whispered back, ?There isn?t much of a point in taking it.?

?What do you mean, Jess?? the teacher asked.

?Because, we?re all about to die,? Jess chillingly foretold.

Goosebumps erupted from the top of the teacher?s scalp and traveled down her arms. Barely able to speak, she demanded, ?What do you mean??

The girl turned her liquid eyes towards her teacher and sucked down a sob. Clutching her teacher?s hand, she whispered, ?I can?t??

Whatever words might have completed Jess?s statement were forever silenced as a rolling wave of fire and destruction thundered over Carida, killing all except for the ill-fated occupant of one lone cruiser.

?Father, you cccan?t die,? the frightened boy stammered to the disfigured man. The boy averted his eyes from the horrific sight. The sickly sweet stench of death clung to every corner of the room. He knew, even as the words escaped his lips, that there was no way his father would live to see the end of the day. The fact that he?d survived this long was a miracle.

Two days ago, the man had used every bit of his tenacious, remaining strength to bring his burning ship out of the ruins of Carida towards safety. The man had saved his ship, but his own body paid the ultimate price of his efforts. Through weak comsignals he had learned the cause of the blast and suddenly his pet project took on a whole new meaning. When free of the debris and having single-handedly extinguished the flames that nearly destroyed his ship, he sought out his son. The boy had earned a competition to become the lone Caridan student representative on an Imperial geological outpos

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Writing another Epic I see. Chilling beginning. *brr* Looking forward to it.

4. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I like the fact you have Chewie and Anakin still alive, and Han and Leia have grandchildren! :D - I have always said if the Profic books kill Han before he has grandkids, I'm gonna be one miffed SW fan. :)

5. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    So, one person managed to survive Carida - barely. Makes me wonder just what this pet project is, though five says it's going to be some kind of virus. (Superweapons have been used far too often.)

I see Zekk's been left a bounty hunter. That will lead to an interesting series of circumstances, I'm sure.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

6. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm excited...

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    RebelMom

Yes, well short stories are actually a novelty for me. I don?t seem to be happy unless I?m pounding out hundreds of pages to spill out a tale. Glad to see you back again! :D

GreatOne

Welcome! I love ensnaring new readers at the launch of a new story [face_mischief]

I like the fact you have Chewie and Anakin still alive, and Han and Leia have grandchildren!

Yeah, there?s no way I?d ever even read the NJO books, I just can?t stand that they killed off Chewie and Anakin. I?m sure they probably just thought that writing wookiees was annoying and decided to just off Chewie. Grrrrr! It?s really not that hard folks. I love those big ?walking carpets.? :D

I have always said if the Profic books kill Han before he has grandkids, I'm gonna be one miffed SW fan

I should think that everyone should up and protest if THAT happens :mad:

Tych

Makes me wonder just what this pet project is, though five says it's going to be some kind of virus. (Superweapons have been used far too often.)

Humm will have to see if your guess is correct or not [face_mischief] but yes, superweapons are a bit a dime a dozen.

I see Zekk's been left a bounty hunter. That will lead to an interesting series of circumstances, I'm sure.

Yeah well, considering I managed to completely forget about him in DE, I needed a logical explanation on where he vanished off to, so that was the most logical thing to do.

Sara

Hee hee- short on words I see ;) Glad to see you again! :D

8. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

:eek: Goddess!! :D Talk about spine tingling!! :D I'm hooked I'm hooked I'm hooked!!!

*bounces around on and off the walls*

I liked the Jess girl. :( YOU KILLED HER!!! :_|

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Mouth drops open in shock, surprise and more than a bit of happiness

Oh, dear Force...

It has begun...and I don't mean Mortal Combat. This will be epic-and I agree 150% about the current EU, PLJ. It stinks...well, that's putting it mildly IMHO. I cannot wait! the opening was chilling to say the least.

10. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    So I guess vengeance will be the villain's motive? Then again I'd kinda guessed that from the title... :cool:

Wow! :eek: That's quite a long list of characters. Hopefully I can keep them all straight. :p

Awaiting more. :D

11. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    What an dark beginning. The child?s knowledge of what was happening gave a personal touch to the many who died. The father?s struggle to pass on his work and put the seed of revenge in his son.

This will go far... Great start and I read it in the dark. shivers [face_shocked]

12. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    oh such darkness PLJ.. sounds like it will be a good one. From a young person's perspective..interesting beginning. 'unnatural selection', eh? hmm, ponder this I will :)

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!

New post tomorrow to start off the New Year right! :D

Jaid

I'm hooked I'm hooked I'm hooked!!!

[Mr. Burns Voice] Excellent![/Mr. Burns Voice]

I liked the Jess girl. YOU KILLED HER!!!

Yes well, you knew it was going to happen :(

Glad to see you onboard!

Striker

This will be epic

That?s probably an understatement.

and I agree 150% about the current EU, PLJ. It stinks...well, that's putting it mildly IMHO.

Always good to have readers of the same mind as myself :D Course I already knew that about you ;)

I cannot wait! the opening was chilling to say the least.

Hee hee- yep- darkness falls. Now that the Solo kids are all married off- it?s time for me to concentrate on the New Republic and make our heroes lives living hells [face_mischief]

Lex

So I guess vengeance will be the villain's motive? Then again I'd kinda guessed that from the title...

Excellent discovery there council :p

That's quite a long list of characters. Hopefully I can keep them all straight.

LOL! Well the good news is that at least for the moment, I have no immediate plans to add anyone new to the list. I always figure it?s safer to put the list out up front, then people can skip back to it if they get confuserated.

Altaira

This will go far... Great start and I read it in the dark. Shivers

LOL! Well luckily the creepy chapters have vanished for a while now :p Glad you?re hooked ;)

Qingauk

'unnatural selection', eh? hmm, ponder this I will

I should?ve guessed my scientist friend would pick up on that title. Yes, it?s a play on Darwin?s Natural Selection, and that?s all I?m saying at this point :p (Yes, I know, I?m a brat.)

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Here's the offical first post of the story! I know it's shorter than I usually do for posts- but never fear- long posts will start again next week.

Enjoy! :D

Chapter 1

(22 years later)

The stench of wasted lives tainted the air. In the bowels of Coruscant?s red light district, Glitterspice freely moved through hands in the seedy bar Jezeda?s Palace. Full of disgust, the broad-shouldered figure silently stalked throughout the crowds of drunken and drugged patrons at the establishment, making certain that his cloak did not touch anyone, or anything, lest it become tainted with their filth. Several women gazed longingly towards the striking man, but quickly averted their eyes when they saw the hard and uninviting set to the piercing green eyes. A nasty scar marred his would be handsome features as it stretched from the right corner of his lip towards below his right eye.

He didn?t notice the scantily dressed harlots and cared less about finding female companionship. He was here for possible work. Wandering towards the bar, he settled onto an open stool. The man ordered a glass of Dantooine Bourbon.

Tipping the fiery brew towards his lips, his danger senses blazed as an individual approached his back. He took a swallow and with lightning speed spun on his seat, grabbed the man by the scruff of his shirt and lifted him off of the ground. He scowled as he examined the youth wriggling in his hold. Grunting in annoyance he realized that his contact was a teenager, and probably couldn?t even legally order a drink. His confidence in the job began to dwindle.

Eyes wide with terror, the surprised teen yelped in alarm. ?O...onnnnnyxxx?? he stammered.

The boy was harmless.

Rolling his eyes, the man threw the teen roughly to the ground. Turning back to the bar he returned to his bourbon and downed the last of it in one swallow. He tossed a couple of credits towards the barkeep. Swiveling out of his seat, he stepped over the frightened youth and gruffly ordered, ?Follow me.?

The man?s dark cape billowed behind him as he purposefully strode towards a private room that he had earlier reserved for them to speak. The youth climbed to his feet and chased after his contact. When he entered the room, he tried desperately not to meet the man?s eyes that were full of pain; the eyes of a man who had seen too much horror in his life, the eyes of a bounty hunter.

Screwing up his courage, the page offered Onyx a datapad containing the mission details.

Onyx snatched the pad out of the youth?s shaking hand and quickly scanned the assignment. Rubbing a hand through a mop of spiked jet-black hair, he snorted, ?Is this a joke??

?I don?t understand why you?d ask that??

Sneering, Onyx growled, ?I don?t have time for this. I?m not a taxi driver! Why am I being asked to shuttle some kid to her new parent?s home??

The teen?s eyes opened wide. Then he leaned in conspiringly and admitted, ?This adoption is very hush hush.? He stuck his finger to his lips and made shushing noises. ?The parents are high profile and want to keep the press out of it as much as possible.?

Scratching his chin, Onyx appeared puzzled over that tantalizing fact. ?High profile, eh??

?And sorry, I can?t tell you who they are. But, yeah, apparently they somehow heard about you, thought you?d be trustworthy in delivering their child safely to them,? the teen reported.

Sighing, Onyx asked, ?What?s the pay??

?Fifty thousand credits. I?m authorized to give you a third now, and then the last two thirds will be paid on receipt of the child,? the boy explained.

Onyx mulled over the sums. They seemed exorbitantly high for such a small job. Then again if the clients were high profile, he reasoned that amount of credits would probably be nothing to them. His ship, Instinct desperately required repairs. That first installment would pay for the new hyperdrive motivator that he needed. He?d hit a dry spell for work recently and he concluded that

15. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Wow.. you were right! It is unnatural! It is just not natural for me to be so intriqued from the beginning :). This sounds like it is going to be a hum dinger of a story.

16. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Zekk looks like he?s going to be a great character. He?s intimidating and foreboding in his profession, but he turns to mush when it comes to his memories of Jaina.

Something is happening to Raven. Considering just how powerful she is with the Force, I think that the Jedi should be concerned that these may be more than just dreams.

I just love the way you build the foundation of your stories..bring in all of the players in in a very interesting way and set them on their paths, and then slowly begin to merge the paths together.

Looks like we?re in for another great epic. :D

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Ooh, Zekk's a bad-ass! I wonder what the adoption thing's about. And Raven's having nightmares? Hmm. That's not good. Something bad's gonna happen, I can feel it...
    Great post, PLJ!

18. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    See before I was excited, now I'm anxious... because I want more. You give us a little bit of Raven and Jacen, yeah that's fine and dandy... and you expand on Zekk, also quite nice... but where's everyone else? And what about the triplets, they weren't in the character dossier... what's up with that? (if they are my sincerest apologies, did i mention I'm blind)

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Qingauk

It is unnatural! It is just not natural for me to be so intriqued from the beginning. This sounds like it is going to be a hum dinger of a story.

Yes well with as many characters that I?ve listed in the opening there, you can probably guarantee that it?ll be a while for everything to unfold. This is only the beginning, grab a chair and relax ? this will be a long, wild ride ;)

Scott

He?s intimidating and foreboding in his profession, but he turns to mush when it comes to his memories of Jaina.

Hee hee- says the man who already knows how he?s progressing as a character :p

Something is happening to Raven. Considering just how powerful she is with the Force, I think that the Jedi should be concerned that these may be more than just dreams.

Jacen most definitely should be worried. We all remember what happens w/ Ani and Obi-Wan what bad things can happen if dreams are left alone.

I just love the way you build the foundation of your stories..bring in all of the players in in a very interesting way and set them on their paths, and then slowly begin to merge the paths together.

Yeah, style-wise this one will feel more like Unmasked Soul with the way I?m writing it.

Looks like we?re in for another great epic.

:D :D :D

Striker

Ooh, Zekk's a bad-ass!

Well all his time being brainwashed by Brakiss did leave him as a darker image of his old self? you?ll just have to wait and see how he unfolds though.

I wonder what the adoption thing's about.

Most curious, is it not? ;)

And Raven's having nightmares? Hmm. That's not good. Something bad's gonna happen, I can feel it...

The question is WHAT is going to happen???? Of course, expect no answer from me anytime soon on that puzzle. :p

Sara

Woohoo! Sara?s back! :D

See before I was excited, now I'm anxious... because I want more.

Patience, my young friend. Just scanning my dossier should alert you that this story?s going to take a LONG time to unfold, thanks to the very large cast I?m working with.

Jaina and Marxx are coming? they?ll show up week after next? But no worries- they?re major players in the story. I?m working on developing new characters into my story whom I need to introduce first off- the old familiars are there to help balance out the newbies.

The triplets are mentioned in passing under Anakin and TK?s bios. They?re 2 yr olds, 3 girls Rowan, Ania, and Hana. I didn?t give them each a line since they?re so young (and my cast of characters is now so huge anyways) they?re also really minor characters at this point. No worries though- they?re still there and in good health :)

20. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Nicely done. I have a guess about the adoption but I shan't mention it so as to a) not spoil it and b) not look stupid if I'm wrong. ;)

21. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Interesting first post. I liked the ambiguity in Zekk's character (is he light or dark or gray?) and the intrigue of the contract he's been offered.

And Raven's dreams don't sound good at all. Jedi visions like that are never a positive sign...

*sits down to wait for more*

22. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Nice way of introducing Zekk here, something tells me he's going to find himself thrust alongside Jaina in whatever is being hatched.

It seems logical that Raven would be the one to sense anything as far as danger goes. After all, she's probably got the strongest connection with Kyp, who I'm guessing will be seen somewhere in the fic.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

23. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Zekk has a simple job. In the SW universe things are never that simple. 8-} Raven?s having nightmares, definitely not good and Zekk?s attention to Jaina? I think she will need to watch her back. This has been a great beginning with plenty to ponder on.

A good way to start the new year. :)

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    RM

Ah come on, wild guesses are fun? Course you do have to remember that things are never as they appear in my stories. So maybe silence is a good choice ;)

Lex

Interesting first post. I liked the ambiguity in Zekk's character (is he light or dark or gray?) and the intrigue of the contract he's been offered.

Well let?s just say I oftentimes feel I did a disservice to my future writings by killing off Kyp in DE (no that does not mean he?ll magically reappear alive from the dead.) Kyp was conflicted and was a very interesting character. Zekk?s rather similar, yet different than Kyp. Methinks you?ll find him fascinating in the long run.

Raven?s dreams are most definitely a bad omen :(

Tych_Sel

Nice way of introducing Zekk here, something tells me he's going to find himself thrust alongside Jaina in whatever is being hatched.

You think so, eh? :D

It seems logical that Raven would be the one to sense anything as far as danger goes. After all, she's probably got the strongest connection with Kyp, who I'm guessing will be seen somewhere in the fic.

Even though he?s dead, I put Kyp in the dossier because his presence will be felt throughout the entire story, and for anyone jumping on board who didn?t read DE ? they can get a quick head?s up as to why he?s not around.

Altaira

Zekk has a simple job. In the SW universe things are never that simple.

I think that?s the understatement of the year :p

Raven?s having nightmares, definitely not good and Zekk?s attention to Jaina? I think she will need to watch her back.

humm?interesting interpretations?. [face_mischief]

This has been a great beginning with plenty to ponder on.

:D :D :D Glad you think so ;)

25. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Wow, great posts, Zekks' back and Ravens' having nightmares and sleepwalking. maybe her nightmares have to do with carida. Keep it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.