main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Carida Avenged: Unnatural Selection (AU/Thriller/Drama)Solos,L/M,TK,Zekk,O/Cs **COMPLETE**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I better enjoy these posts now. :D I understand about the near excitement for ROTS. [face_laugh]

Marxx did bring Anakin down a bit. When things are at their worse it is easy to overlook what could make them harder. Marxx is right for worrying more about Luke.

Lynnia?s skill is amazing but the insight is dreadful. [face_worried] That drawing makes me think of the Monster of ID.

The tension is building! :_| [face_devil]

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hi Everyone!

So I'm alive and kicking. I'm hoping that next week we'll actually move over to our new building and I can have my own permanent work station so I can feel comfortable saving chappies on my computer.

Sorry though, I just haven't much been in a SW frame of mind :(

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Riiiiisssssssseeeeeeee

Ok everyone- the dead is rising. I have sent a chapter off to my Beta and will try to get a few more together in the next couple of weeks before chaos at work and RotS takes over my life :D

Expect new chappy in a few days! [face_dancing]

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    To celebrate it being less than 1 WEEK before REVENGE OF THE SITH I have a chappy for you all to read!

Work's been nuts this week, I'll try to blast out another chapter for next week though...

Enjoy!

Chapter 51

The lights in Brukos and Lando?s rig flickered ominously. Brukos pricked his ears forward and detected a sizzling sound that was followed by an acrid smell of hot metal.

?What is that?? Lando asked, worried.

Fest growled, ?Acid.?

The three men looked up and saw that the spider debris that had hit the glass above had started to melt and twist as the creature?s blood began to melt the vessels glass. Fest unbuckled his harness and abruptly said, ?We have to get out a here?now.?

Brukos jammed onto his chair restraints and detached himself from the rigs safety restraints. He shot his chair back just in time as a hot drop of acid dropped through the glass and plopped onto the floor, there it continued its journey through the ship?s carpet.

Lando gulped and asked, ?You gonna be alright??

With a determined brow, Brukos flipped open the sides of his hoverchair and revealed two large arsenals of concealed weapons. ?I?d worry more about the safety of those creatures than mine, Lando.? To Fest he asked, ?How long before we?re overdue that a rescue team will come for us??

?Three hours,? Fest whispered.

?Blast it!? Brukos spat.

From the tiny holes in the glass, Wookiee calls could be heard distantly along with the sound of blasterfire.

?We?d better get going, they need our help,? Lando said.

Flower forgotten, Brukos handed each man a blaster and a thermal detonator. After grabbing a fully charged blaster, he then activated the floodlamps on his chair. ?Let?s get going.?

Years of hunting instinct returned to Brukos as they exited the ruined rig. Behind them they saw the remains of Han and Chewie?s vessel. The lights had long since flickered out, it had been hit with far more acid than theirs had, however the faint emergency lights cast a pale glow over the area, eerily illuminating the area green.

Lando and Fest each tightly clutched their blasters and fanned out, carefully making certain that they didn?t step in any of the deadly spider remains. Brukos sniffed the air, over the pungent scent of the charred creature?s carcasses, he detected pitch, pine, and dry earth. He clicked his chair onto silent motor mode and advanced through the clearing, soaring effortlessly over Kinrath?s bodies. He shot his chair upwards fifteen feet to get a better view of the surrounding forest. He scanned each direction, carefully looking and listening for any sign of approaching Kinraths.

On the ground, Lando dashed around the battered second rig and searched the ground for Han and Chewie?s tracks. The Kashyyyk floor was covered in a thick, bouncy layer of rich black soil from thousands of years of leaf decomposition. As he lifted a small amount to his nose, he inhaled the rich soil scent and absently thought that someone could make a killing selling this rich compost to farmers. To his left, he spied half a heel print. He hissed to Fest to join him. The wiry man approached his side and nodded at the evidence.

?You hear dat?? Fest whispered.

?Hear what?? Lando asked.

?Exactly, there?s not a sound out there. The Kinraths ain?t gone,? he answered.

Suddenly, both men felt the ground shake. Startled, they jumped as four large dark forms dropped out of the sky ? dead.

Brukos quickly zipped down to their location, his blaster barrel puffing smoke. He ordered, ?This way.?

Lando flashed Fest an encouraging smile as the seemingly crippled man directed them towards the blackness of the jungle. A distant Wookiee howl caused them both to follow their fearless leader without question.

Luke slunk behind a tall pillar as two technicians passed him by. He listened intently to their complaining conversation, ?He?s asking the impossible of us. The outer engine hull has been damaged. We need to get droids out

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ack! Luke, no! Finally a new post and I'm reduced to monosyllabic words.

Ahhhh"!

6. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! :D *shrieks happily*

OH THEY WERE ALL SO PREETY GODDESS!! PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY!!! :D *jumps up and down squealing* THE LIGHTS AND THE 'SPLOSIONS AND CRASHES AND ATTACKS AND GLOWING THINGIES AND FIGHTS AND - :eek: Darkside!Luke is so freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_love]

*snuggles*

The outburst in the last (or maybe before that...) chappie was good. Heh, I hereby nominate Krishta - *cough* I mean Serrah Racees as a Honorary Troubled Teen! :D

The picture of Han was scary. Enough said. :( I'd beg for Han's life, but, I don't think it would help... (last time I begged, I begged to drive the speeder, and you said no! :p)

The actual EXPLOSION of my precious Han was CRUEL!!! Thee are a mean Goddess!! OF EVIL YOU ARE!!! Proper Sith. :p And you're not supposed to be here for another six days. Meh! But, since the beauty of said chapters are so astounding, I forgive you! :D [face_batting]

Jaina is the CHANCELLOR!???! :eek:!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!! *SQUEEE* :D :D Hurraaaaaaaaaaaah!!! This'll be sooo cool!!! AH! *dances*!!! [face_dancing]

(side note: [ <---- those thingies are hard to make on these stupid keyboards [face_frustrated])

I CAN'T FINISH THIS REVIEW!!! :eek: *scribbles note on her hand to finish it later*

I looooooved the last chapter Goddess!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love][face_batting] [face_batting] :* :* [:D]

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Great, Mel's back and she's as nuts as ever...

Loved the post, PLJ. Brukos and Lando were tense, and Luke was just... slightly evil there. Hope Jacen's all right. Glad to see Luke, even without the Force, kicking his butt.

8. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay, the part on Kashyyyk was tense, but I loved the bit of humor involving Brukos swooping to the rescue. Let's all give the man in the hoverchair a round of applause.

I never would have expected to see Luke acting so Sithly. To have let his quest for revenge get between him and Jacen, well, we all know what happens when you start down the Dark Path...

Great post, PLJ!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

9. Ylesly

Ylesly Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 9, 2004
    Well written in the Kashyyyk scene.

Jacen is infected with the virus,now he's the one who's going to need the cure as well as Luke.

Thanks for the pm.

10. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Great, Mel's back and she's as nuts as ever...

You, are a very mean big brother you know... :p

Anyways, where was I? o_O :D OH RIGHT!!!!

Jaina = Chancellor!

Brilliant move, although having her work on the same side of the team as that slimy guy was a bit... odd... but brilliant!! :D

AND IF YOU KILL BEN THEN I WILL MOST ASSUREDLY TAKE IT OUT ON THIS THREAD AND CREATE CLONES OF SHE WHO LIVED TO TORMENT US IN STORIES PAST!!!! *cough*Ta'aChume*cough* .... YOU WOULDN'T WANT ME TO DO THAT WOULD YOU!?!?!?!?

[face_mischief] I thought not.

What will Mara do? I mean, no Force? Well, she lived without it for a number of years while working for Karrde, but, I mean really. That was pre-JediMaster days. *sniff* And does that mean she won't have a lightsaber any more??? :(

*wibbles*

Aww, poor Brakiss... :p I feel sorry for him... well, for the fact that he'll end up looking insane anyways. (Unless Luke secretly plans to simply destroy his mind, thereby rendering him helpless and insane... but that's mean. :()

*sigh*

:(

Meh! I feel too miserable right now to be gleeful about it!! And that's not fair because this is a magnificent story that makes me gleeful with happiness and should have all praise all day every day for as long as both the story and I shall live!!!!

*grumbles*

Stupid teenaged hormons... [face_frustrated]

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Heh.

*Pulls Mel in and gives her a noogie*

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So, who's all going to the midnight show????

Only 8 1/2 hrs to go for me! WAHOOOO!!!!! :D [face_dancing]

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Granted, it'll be dark & depressing, but it's finally HERE! We the unspoiled can finally become Rotten!

:p

13. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

....I WISH I WERE GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :_| :(

:eek: - *gets a noogie* JOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!! *outraged shriek*

You made my fluffy hair go FLAT!!! :p

*waves the K/J bunnie in Jon's face*

Be nice, or I'll actually write it... :p

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    3 times and counting...I have tickets for Sunday to see at the only Digital screen in the valley.

I saw Clones digitally something like 10 times (the regular screen and IMAX like 6 more times) because the digital screen was right by where I lived. Sadly, by today I already noticed that the film was deteriorating. I just know that seeing it Digitally will be as striking, if not more so, than the midnight showing.

For anyone of you who's interested, since TF.N has the weekend ban going on and I refuse to wade into the basher haven of the spoilers board, I've posted my review w/ initial thoughts about RotS on my website.

I'm still working on the next chapter, hopefully it'll be up in a week or two.

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    *Grabs K/J bunny and kills it in a gruesome manner*

16. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Must be a good fic. I remember where this left off, though I was still hanging from my fingers on those cliffs. :p Today it was either do yard work or go see ROTS. The neighbor kids were going today and I considered how many ankle biters would be there this weekend, :eek: I?m here posting. :)

:cool: Brukos is the well armed hunter, he is in his old natural environment. :D I think he will come out of this stronger and I?m sure Lando will try a new money making venture after this, If he survives the trip. :p I thought the same thing about the soil, I could use that.

There was only one set of quarters large enough on this class of ship to hold Brakiss?s inflated head. [face_laugh]

Luke is getting a cheeky sense of humor. I loved Luke seeing Leia as he considered knocking Jacen in the head. He may not fear Brakiss but Leia is another thing. :D The compressed missile in the gut and trip down the stairs won?t go over well. I think I should worry more about Leia going Sith on him.

Back to serious, Luke?s last words to Jacen were heart wrenching in they showed how lost he still is. He?s not even concerned with how badly Jacen is hurt. :_|

Good to have you back!

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    FYI to everyone, I just turned in Ch. 52 to Mr_Beta_Jango ? so here?s hoping I?ll have it up in a few days for you all :)

EDIT: OUCH- someone come in quick, I just posted on the most Sithly of all thread number posts!

RebelMom

Yeah, so it appears that negotiation won?t get through to Luke?someone needs to give him a swift kick in the rear so he can get his priorities straight.

Jaid

Darkside!Luke is so freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! How should I have guessed that sending the most beloved SW character towards darkness would make you blissfully happy? :p

Heh, I hereby nominate Krishta - *cough* I mean Serrah Racees as a Honorary Troubled Teen!

Oh you don?t know the part of it, hon. Yes, sweet mild mannered Krishta?s about to give her parents many sleepless nights?anger, never a good thing for a Jedi in training to become too friendly with.

The picture of Han was scary. Enough said. I'd beg for Han's life, but, I don't think it would help... (last time I begged, I begged to drive the speeder, and you said no! )

LMAO! Sweet Jaid, always want what she cannot have?hummm?

The actual EXPLOSION of my precious Han was CRUEL!!!

Well his ship exploded, so far no actual evidence that Han got deep fried.

Striker

I officially employ you to keep Jaid in check?I take no responsibility for her actions past, present, or future?.

Glad to see Luke, even without the Force, kicking his butt.

Yeah, well, he IS a stud any way you look at things, Force or no Force ability. All of those years of fighting training won?t just vanish because he can?t connect to the Force.

Tych

Okay, the part on Kashyyyk was tense, but I loved the bit of humor involving Brukos swooping to the rescue. Let's all give the man in the hoverchair a round of applause.

Yeah, who says you need the use of your legs to be a hero, right guys????

never would have expected to see Luke acting so Sithly. To have let his quest for revenge get between him and Jacen, well, we all know what happens when you start down the Dark Path...

:( :_|

Ylesly

Jacen is infected with the virus,now he's the one who's going to need the cure as well as Luke.

Yep, they?re both going to need it, guess we?d better hope that Brukos and the gang don?t become Kinrath food.

Jaid

More Impisms?

Brilliant move, although having her work on the same side of the team as that slimy guy was a bit... odd... but brilliant!!

Hummm could be interesting?

AND IF YOU KILL BEN THEN I WILL MOST ASSUREDLY TAKE IT OUT ON THIS THREAD AND CREATE CLONES OF SHE WHO LIVED TO TORMENT US IN STORIES PAST!!!! *cough*Ta'aChume*cough* .... YOU WOULDN'T WANT ME TO DO THAT WOULD YOU!?!?!?!?

And to WHAT point in my chappies so far have I insinuated that I?m going to off Ben?? Ben is perfectly cognizant and hanging out w/ the Jedi in the clean room. He?s in no danger?that I know of?. [face_mischief]

What will Mara do? I mean, no Force? Well, she lived without it for a number of years while working for Karrde, but, I mean really. That was pre-JediMaster days. *sniff* And does that mean she won't have a lightsaber any more???

Interesting question, what WILL Mara do? How will she react to not being Force Sensitive anymore?

Aww, poor Brakiss... I feel sorry for him... well, for the fact that he'll end up looking insane anyways. (Unless Luke secretly plans to simply destroy his mind, thereby rendering him helpless and insane... but that's mean. )

LMAO! I love the roads that Jaid?s mind travels down- it rather makes me feel like I?m viewing my story through the eyes of Tim Burton?.twisted, warped, and weird. :p

Altaira

Brukos is the well armed hunter, he is in his old natural environment. I think he will come out of this stronger and I?m sure Lando will try a new money making venture after this, If he survives the trip. I thought the same thing about the soi

18. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

LOL! How should I have guessed that sending the most beloved SW character towards darkness would make you blissfully happy?

:D I dunno.... [face_love] it is VERY cool though! Darkside!Luke rocks!! *cheers* [face_mischief]

Oh you don?t know the part of it, hon. Yes, sweet mild mannered Krishta?s about to give her parents many sleepless nights?anger, never a good thing for a Jedi in training to become too friendly with.

:eek: At least she'll have Ben around, right? RIGHT?!?!? PLEASE TELL ME THE BEN IS STILL AROUND!!!! :_|

LMAO! Sweet Jaid, always want what she cannot have?hummm?

Yesh. Because wanting what I already have or can have means that I get distracted from fanfiction... :p UNLESS THEIR UPDATES!!! :D

Well his ship exploded, so far no actual evidence that Han got deep fried.

o_O You expect me to wait for something as unimportant for ACTUAL EVIDENCE???

Striker: I officially employ you to keep Jaid in check?I take no responsibility for her actions past, present, or future?.

:eek: You.... you're making my big brother.... KEEP ME IN CHECK!?!? :p GODDESSS!!!!! Thee art quite cruel... :( I LIKE running around wild!! :p

More Impisms?

[face_batting] Hi Goddess......

Hummm could be interesting?

Very interesting. :D Particularly since I've been rooting for him to die a lot lately. But now I think he's mostly good! ..... whoops.... [face_blush] I told you my secret...

And to WHAT point in my chappies so far have I insinuated that I?m going to off Ben?? Ben is perfectly cognizant and hanging out w/ the Jedi in the clean room. He?s in no danger?that I know of?.

...um..... I'M PARANOID OKAY!!! :p You are a sith, and are very capable of doing mean nasty things (like what you did to Zekk!! :_|) to the really cool characters (like Ben! :D) and I can't help but be very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very wary of what you'll do to the poor people!!!! Wait... .does your muse know things you don't and therefore torment you horribly at all times.... [face_worried] *ish very scared...*

Interesting question, what WILL Mara do? How will she react to not being Force Sensitive anymore?

[face_devil] Blood, Death and Revenge? :D [face_mischief]

LMAO! I love the roads that Jaid?s mind travels down- it rather makes me feel like I?m viewing my story through the eyes of Tim Burton?.twisted, warped, and weird.

[face_blush] I'm... honored? Flattered? :D [face_devil] You really think it's like the eyes of Tim Burton?? I am so putting that in my sig!!! [face_mischief] Oh, may I please? Please? Pleeeeeeeease? Hehehe!! Although I had no clue who Tim Burton was and therefore had to go look him up... :p

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    *GRabs Mel and ties her to a chair*

Man, I gotta keep my little sis in check? This is gonna be fun...

20. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

.... o_OGoddess??? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!?! *wails*

*GRabs Mel and ties her to a chair*

O_O MEEEEEEEEEEP!!! *struggles against bonds* LEMME OUT!! LEMME OUUUUUT!!!.... :_| I AM NOT THE KIND OF PERSON WHO GETS TIED UP!!! I AM A NICE PERSON WHO RUNS AROUND AND MAKES PEOPLE LAUGH!!!

Man, I gotta keep my little sis in check?

:eek: NO! NO YOU DON'T!!! PLJ was just KIDDING!!! (right??? :_|)

This is gonna be fun...

... uh.... NO.... it will NOT be fun...... *wibbles* :( Goddess!! *points at Jon* He scares me!!! :_| Saaaaaave me!!! *runs around and hides behind Goddess*

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    LMAO!

Striker

Glad to see you're doing your job properly [face_mischief]

**Loosens Jaid's ropes**

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Thanks, dudette.

*Tightens ropes and adds a force field*

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    **Waits to hear Jaid's whining outcries**

Everyone - Memorial Day weekend new postie will be up tomorrow!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

24. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

**Waits to hear Jaid's whining outcries**

:p You are cruel...

*Tightens ropes and adds a force field*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! JON LET ME GO!!!!!!!! *wails* :_| THE K/J GROWS IN POWER!!! THE Z/J IS TURNING TO J/J!!!! I MUST BE SET FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

.... :confused: does blackmail work?

25. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    *wibbles* :confused: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

I can?t sit on the sidelines and laugh any longer. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

...looks around ... looks back ...slips Jaid a blade [face_devil]

The distant thunder may distract RK_Striker_JK_5.

Where?s the [face_innocent] [face_whistling] Who me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.