Beyond Carida Avenged: Unnatural Selection (AU/Thriller/Drama)Solos,L/M,TK,Zekk,O/Cs **COMPLETE**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    J/J?????

*Arms begin glowing and eyes turn red*

Oh, it's on...
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    **Snort snort** Well at least my readers are inside on this fine Saturday afternoon :p

Here's the next chappy for you. I've just started on the next one, so hopefully next week it'll be ready for you all :)

Chapter 52

The inhabitants of the waiting room and those in the contamination room at the Brukos Olissian Medical Center huddled around their holovisions, staring at the special report with rapt attention.

A willowy Chiss reporter brushed a lock of dark hair off of her blue face as she began, Speculation has been running high today on Coruscant as the Senate, yet again, closed their doors to the public for a secret session. It is believed that a bitter budgetary battle is being waged within the chamber walls. However, no one can understand why such a mundane issue would warrant a closed door session of the Senate.

The mystery only further deepens as moments ago we captured this feed of Chancellor Rohanne being lead out into an armored military police hovercar. Closely examining the footage, it shows that he appears to be in custody and his hands are locked in binders. We were unable to get any comments from the Chancellor as the hovercar sped away. We will alert you the moment we know more about this story.

Dumbstruck, Leia stared at the screen in disbelief as they replayed the close-u[ footage, showing the binders around the Chancellor?s wrists. Her hand flew to cover her mouth, and she whispered, ?What have you done, Jaina??

Jaina could?ve heard a pin drop as her floating disk hovered nearby the empty Chancellor?s podium. She gulped and tried not to think of the thousands of eyes fixating on her person from every angle of the round chamber.

?What person would not feel completely overwhelmed and honored by this gift that you all have bestowed upon me? I am truly humbled that you all would entrust such a HUGE responsibility upon my mere shoulders,? she began. ?The women of my family have always been large supporters of Democracy and Liberty for the Republic. We have been here to see it end, to resurrect it, and to see that the freedoms that we have fought so hard for have remained in tact. So I suppose that this, most certainly, would be the most logical and natural step in my family heritage?having me stand upon that podium.?

Self-consciously she pushed a loose strand of damp hair out of her face as she collected her nerves. ?As you all know, I sort of stumbled into the political arena, I never craved this position?as a Senator. I?m a pilot in my heart, a warrior if you will. Perhaps that is why I butt so many heads around here, because warriors get restless if they?re left alone with nothing to do. The constant bickering here fills me with frustration. More than once lately, I?ve been feeling?powerless. Why are we even here, if not to make tomorrow a better Galaxy for our children?? She bowed her head, laced her fingers together over her belly and drooped her shoulders. Then she slowly raised her eyes upwards and said, ?Although the fighting is time consuming, it is OUR RIGHT to do so! Without the RIGHT to speak out, the will of the people will be silenced! We can NEVER let that happen, again!?

Thundering applause filled the stadium. The noise brought a blossom of hope into Jaina?s heart, perhaps there was still some belief in the ideals that her mother had fought so hard to bring back to the New Republic.

When the tidal wave of noise abated, Jaina continued, ?I just learned today that Queen Cerullia of Naboo was brought up on embezzlement charges. In the wake of her removal from office, her successor informed me that my services to Naboo are no longer required here in the Senate.? This statement was greeted with boos and hisses. ?Considering I?m out of a job, you might wonder at the wisdom of what I?m about to say?respectfully, I decline your generous offer to become the next Chancellor of the Republic.? Shock filled voices filled the stadium. She raised her arms to silence the noise, and
  3. Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Altiara: :p "Wibbles" is a type of whimpering. It's what you do when your brothers are standing in front of you, trapping you in a corner, and are talking - quite calmly (think: weather) - about dyeing your hair a different color (like pink) or telling a guy you have a crush on him and your eyes go really big and your lips kind of tremble.... :(

I can?t sit on the sidelines and laugh any longer.

So you'll join in and laugh longer? :D

...looks around ... looks back ...slips Jaid a blade

:D!!!!!!!!!!! *HUGS* [:D] [face_devil] Oh thank you so much!!.... *slits the ropes carefully and starts cutting her way out of the force field*

Where?s the [face_innocent]

:p It was actually guilty of something...

Who me?

:D [face_mischief]

Jon: Hi bro.... [face_batting]

J/J?????

[face_plain] *is terrified* It's not that much J/J!!!! It's a Zekkie story!! *wails*

*Arms begin glowing and eyes turn red* Oh, it's on...

<groan>Oh, it's dead....</groan>

<story>

:eek: *HYPERVENTILATES*

YOU DID WHAT!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! JAINA ISN'T THE CHANCELLOR!?!?!?!?! BUT IT WOULD'VE BEEN SO COOL!!! ARGHHHH!!! NOOOOOO!!! WYLAND DUDE?!?!?!? HE'S THE NEW CHANCELLOR!?!??!!?

WHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY!?!??!?

:_|

Poor Jaya.... :(

*sniffles*

And what have you done wiff Lando. o_O You are a trés evil woman.... :p

4. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Jaina made the right decision. She would have been a good chancellor but the Skywalker line is wise in sharing the burden of maintaining the peace, one family can?t do it all. Though they tend to save the galaxy regularly, :D others can help too. I am sure Marxx will be glad his wife will be home a bit more.

:eek: Brukos is losing those around him. I gave a little ewwwww to the squishy body too. What a mess. [face_sick] Good follow up to the quiet description of the dark hell they are in just before. Loved the foot crack then they found Han?s boot. That is a good thing there was not one in there. :p It is getting darker in them there woods and not looking good for any of them.

Jaid Good *wibbles* description. I have 3 brothers who fit those descriptions... and 1 sister too.

*wibbles* remembering.

[:D] back. Everyone needs a little help now and them. [face_laugh]

I?m off to Mom?s today. She?s 79 and LOVES [face_love] R2! Taking her to see ROTS, I wonder how she will handle the PG-13. She?s seen all of SW with me at one time or another, this one will be a bit rougher on her. [face_mischief] Hey, it may make her as devoted as I am, I can hope. :p I?ll take her my spare VHSs now that I only use the DVDs.
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    *Bump* since it's now after the long weekend :)
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Jaid

I know, I'm sorry Imp, but Jaina really doesn't feel like controlling the Galaxy. Knowing how she gets w/ her pregnancy hormones, that's probably a great decision on her behalf ;)

Altaira

Brukos certainly isn't in a very fun situation, is he? Hopefully he's as good of a hunter that we know him to be ...our heroes need his help, and fast! :eek:

Hope your Mom enjoyed Sith! R2 certainly kicked booty -she should've LOVED that! [face_love]

I got another chappy off to Mr_Beta_Jango - so read up folks, it'll be coming soon! :D

7. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Oh, nice to see Jaina not taking the chancellorship. Shows good character there.

And oh, man! I hope you didn't kill off Han! His foot wasn't in there. And now Brukos is all alone! What next?
  8. Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Hey.... Goddess?.... I've got a question.... since.... well... Jaina doesn't want to be the chancellor..... erm.... could.... I... be? :D :D :D

:D PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!?!?!?!? :D [face_batting] :D

9. qingauk Jedi Master

star 4
    egads..finally had time to catch up a bit and all hell is breaking loose. I see you are back in form and it is exciting! Han and Chewie captured maybe..what about the flower? I must have missed something.. what chapter/page do I catch up on the flower hunt?
  10. Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master

star 5

qingauk

They're on the flower hunt. The first one went up in flames, so they talked this guy into taking them to another flower site, and then they got attacked... :(

11. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Mel as chancellor? Wait... how did you get loose????

*Jon clips polarized lenses onto his glasses, giving him an uber-cool look. He then pulls out a lightsaber*

Time to go hunting...
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Jaid as CHANCELLOR??

:eek: :eek: :eek:

[C-3PO] We're doomed![/C-3PO]

Uh, I don't think so darlin. Sorry. Here's a toy lightsaber to play with....

Striker

You're not doing a very good job of keeping her tied up. How'd she get loose?

Still waiting for word back from Scott for the next chapter. I'm hoping that I should be able to wrap this puppy up in about 10 chapters or so...the end is in sight...

13. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Looky here- another postie!!!! Back to the Star Destroyer....

Chapter 53

Raven?s senses thrummed on high alert as she purposely strode through the hallway past the scientific laboratory. So far the crew manning the Destroyer failed to pay the woman wearing the generic pressure suit the slightest bit of attention. Her heart hammered in her chest as two deck officers headed in her direction. Raven?s palms began to sweat and her breath quickened as one stared straight into her face mask. Pulse throbbing, she let out a small breath of relief as he simply averted his eyes and answered a question posed by his colleague.

Her eyes scanned the hallway and finally fell upon a door with a heavy contamination warning sign posted on the front of it. She veered towards it and placed her hand over the keyboard locking mechanism and connected with the Force to unlock it. Her heart hammered in her chest as two more officers rounded the corridor and headed in her direction. The two officers were in deep conversation until one randomly glanced in her direction.

?Hey, you over there. What?re you doing??

Relief flooded Raven?s senses as the chip flashed green. She pretended to press in the keystrokes required for unlocking the door and stepped inside, and slammed the door closed on the confused officer?s face.

She walked straight through the decontamination clean room knowing that it had already been compromised when Krishtoff had exited the room. She tapped on the controls that separated the door to Shanari?s chamber and stepped into the room.

Her heart sank in her chest, the room was filthy. It appeared that no one had even sent a cleaning droid in to clean the dried, old vomit that splattered the floor.

?Shanari?? she softly called.

She peered around the tiny table and failed to locate the girl. Her heart thundered in her chest as she saw that the bed was empty as well. Frantically, she peered under the bed and spied a tiny slip of a child, quivering, and curled into a fetal position. Shanari?s eyes were wild with fright.

Raven smiled, and cooed, ?It?s alright, sweetie, I?m here to get you out of this horrible place. My name is Raven and I?m a Jedi Knight. I won?t hurt you.?

Shanari dropped her chin to her tiny chest and she shook it quickly from side to side.

?I understand why you?re scared, they?ve harmed you, a lot. I?m here because of you, and came to rescue you. You?re a very special girl, Shanari,? Raven coaxed.

?You?re going to hurt me,? Shanari whispered.

Raven?s heart broke at the distrust coming from the little girl?s voice. ?I won?t, baby. I promise. I want to get you out of here and get you feeling better.?

The girl stared at Raven with determination in her eyes. The terrified girl wasn?t going to budge. Raven closed her eyes and listened to the Force.

She had no choice.

Raven and the girl stared at each other for a few seconds and then she realized that Shanari didn?t trust her pressure suit. ?Have you ever heard of the stories of Branwen??

?The Jedi who came back from the dead?? Shanari asked.

She sat up and clicked on the controls of her helmet and pulled it off and over her head. Her eyes closed tightly as the magnitude of the act weighed on her conscious, she had no idea what being exposed to the virus might do to her baby, but she certainly knew what it would do to her. Quickly, she placed the helmet on the bed and then peered under it, allowing her curly white hair to spill around her face. Shanari gasped.

?Come on out, Shanari. I?m here to take you to Tahiri,? Raven commanded, extending her arms.

At the mention of her older sister?s name, the child?s face brightened. She unfurled herself, and inched out from under the bed and crashed into Raven?s outstretched arms. Raven felt the small child?s fingers dig tightly and desperately into her back.

The young woman snatched up the tiny girl and plopped her onto her bed. A quick evaluation showed that she was seriously malnourished and her nose told her that the child hadn?t been bathed in ages
  14. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Oh, Raven was so cool there! And Shanari was so CUTE!

Very nice lightsaber action, PLJ. I'm pretty good at it myself, or so I've been told. And man, I do hope Luke kills Brakkis. Seriously, he has to. And I do hope he punks Jacen... badly.
  15. Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jon: Mel as chancellor?

:D Brilliant idea, no?

Wait... how did you get loose????

:eek: *points at Kathy* *runs away*

*Jon clips polarized lenses onto his glasses, giving him an uber-cool look. He then pulls out a lightsaber* Time to go hunting...

EEK!!! *dives under her covers*

Goddess Of All: Jaid as CHANCELLOR??

[face_batting] I love it!! I love it!! Think of all the changes I could make?? Of all the books I could save!!! THINK OF IT!!! FANFICTION WILL BECOME A PAYING VOCATION!!! :eek: [face_devil] THINK OF THE COFFEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! *cackles* AND THE GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNS!!!! *screams joyfully* :D :D [face_batting]

[C-3PO] We're doomed![/C-3PO]

Meh, you don't count. Han doesn't like you. :p

Uh, I don't think so darlin. Sorry. Here's a toy lightsaber to play with....

.... :eek: :D A LIGHTSABER!!!! *flicks it out*

*runs around cackling*

*runs up to Brakiss*

Mel: *VWOOOSH!!!*

Brakiss: ......

Mel: o_0 ....*ZIIIIING!!!!* (bashes lightsaber into Brakiss' hair)

Brakiss: *DIIIIIIIIIE!!!* (attacks)

Mel: *MWAHAHA!!!!* (bashes lightsaber at him again and again) (steals his helmet)

Brakiss: *MY HELMET!!! NOOOO!!!!*

Mel: (puts on the helmet) (runs away cackling to ROOOOL TEH UNIVERSE!!!! 0_o)

Brakiss: (breaks down sobbing)

...two hours later...

Mel: -on TV- -standing in front of smoking building and grinning wiff starbucks cup in one hand, lightsaber in the other- *I TAKE MY PLACE AS EMPRESS BY THE POWER OF PLJ, THE GODDESS OF ALL!!!*

Adoring!Minions: *We hear and Obey Oh Great One!!!* (bow down)

Mel: ^_^ *I love you.*

Striker

You're not doing a very good job of keeping her tied up. How'd she get loose?

Kathy gave me a knife... and he is too doing a good job!! :eek: I think he should get time off! A vacation!! To... to... to the BAHAMAS!! :D Uhuh, a one way ticket. ^_^ YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

GO LUKE!! KICK BRAKISS INTO NEXT YEAR!!! OR!!! LIGHTYEAR!!! WHICH IS BIGGER!!! X-D AND THEN AND THEN AND THEN!!! :D Make me Empress of da Universe. [face_batting] Cause I was cheering for YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

And Raven.... meep... last night I was thinking... and.... maybe?... she's not so bad? I mean, it's Jacen's fault, right? *sigh* No normal woman could resist Kyp [face_love] It's not Raven's fault!! Yes, we feel for her, and hope she gets free soon.

...I even hope her baby is okay. Although if he is Force-less, she will be sad and she's cried enough, so please, don't hurt zee poor boy? :(

BUT JACEN CAN SUFFER!!!! [face_devil] MWAHAHAHA!!!!!

*beats Jacen over the head wiff her scpiffeh new lightsaber*

Oh, Goddess? Guess what? :D I GRADUATED!!! Oi am officially a graduate of the 2005 class - GO ME!!! And and and!!!! I start college on the 20th!!! ^_______^ *runs around shrieking happily*

16. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Striker

Very nice lightsaber action, PLJ. I'm pretty good at it myself, or so I've been told.

I?m sure you are ;)

And man, I do hope Luke kills Brakkis. Seriously, he has to. And I do hope he punks Jacen... badly.

Uh, who?re you wanting to ?Punk? him? Brakiss or Luke? :confused:

Jaid

Oh oh! You?re off to COLLEGE??? We?re DOOMED!

-on TV- -standing in front of smoking building and grinning wiff starbucks cup in one hand, lightsaber in the other- *I TAKE MY PLACE AS EMPRESS BY THE POWER OF PLJ, THE GODDESS OF ALL!!!*

I have to say that Mel being THAT caffeinated, really frightens me.

And Raven.... meep... last night I was thinking... and.... maybe?... she's not so bad? I mean, it's Jacen's fault, right? *sigh* No normal woman could resist Kyp It's not Raven's fault!! Yes, we feel for her, and hope she gets free soon.

Bah, I knew I?d break you down?eventually. [face_mischief]

BUT JACEN CAN SUFFER!!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!!!

Wow! Poor Jacen.

**Slowly approaches Imp and knocks Starbucks coffee out of hand. Watches in relief as it spills all over**
  17. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
  18. Tych_sel Force Ghost

star 4
    That scene with Shanari and Raven was just wonderful. Just what we needed before the focus shifted back to Luke and his apparent death-wish. Seems to me that with each post, Luke's edging onto the same path as his father. I mean, here we get a scene in some ways reminicent of Dooku, Obi, and Ani aboard Invisible Hand. Loved Jacen's realization that he now has to protect Luke from beign too reckless.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel
  19. Altaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Raven didn?t have many choices in exposing herself to the virus but oh, the cost. At least she has Shanari?s trust and they are moving.

Jacen showing up was great timing. :D Luke is not thinking clear to take on a force user with no defenses. Great start to their battle. Good to have Brakiss get some of his own medicine, or should I say virus. =D=

Jacen and I have had long, full lives

I don?t think Jacen agrees how long his has been. :p Jacen may be right about Luke. [face_worried] It is one thing to battle together in unity but another to go down in a blaze of glory due to recklessness. :p Poor Luke isn?t thinking about anyone who loves him.

--

As to you, Jaid o_O

*points at Kathy* *runs away*

:eek: Why, you little... &%#*? I otta... :p Checks out Striker?s uber-cool look :cool: Decides to step out of the way.

I think he should get time off! A vacation!! To... to... to the BAHAMAS!!

Yes, vacation is good, restful. [face_thinking] Isn?t hurricane season starting? [face_devil] [face_laugh]

Oh yeah, CONGRATULATIONS on the achievement. [face_dancing] College? [face_worried] You may become too dangerous with higher education. :D
    --

**Slowly approaches Imp and knocks Starbucks coffee out of hand. Watches in relief as it spills all over**

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was a short reign of terror!
  20. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Luke better not let himself get killed. He's got a family that wants him back. *bites nails*
  21. Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Goddess Oh oh! You?re off to COLLEGE??? We?re DOOMED!

*giggles* Aw come on!! College'll be FUN!! Just think!! I can take chemistry or something and have lab and get to learn how to blow things up!!! :D

I have to say that Mel being THAT caffeinated, really frightens me.

Actually, all I had was a small glass of coke... :p It doesn't take much to make me go nuts :D *giggles madly*

Bah, I knew I?d break you down?eventually.

... :eek: You mean... you've been... YOU'VE BEEN PLANNING THIS?!??!? :_|

Wow! Poor Jacen.

:mad: He stole Kyp's girl. I shall never forgive him. NEVER!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :( :eek: No, no, no, NO MY COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! *wails brokenheartedly* :_| :_| :( :( :_| :_|

*collapses in tears*

As to you, Jaid

Me?... :eek: *eep!!*

Why, you little... &%#*? I otta...

:( *cowers*

Checks out Striker?s uber-cool look Decides to step out of the way.

Jon is scary, no? :D But we love him!! *hugs her brother and runs off before he can catch her*

Yes, vacation is good, restful. Isn?t hurricane season starting?

Not a clue. :p Besides, I don't want him hurt, I just want him to.... let me win. :D You know, the Chancellorship! It's not my fault that Starbucks backs me and not him!! *wails*

Oh yeah, CONGRATULATIONS on the achievement. College? You may become too dangerous with higher education.

Higher education? [face_devil] Just wait. In nine years you'll be adressing me as "Dr Mitchell".... [face_devil] [face_mischief]

That was a short reign of terror!

:eek: NO! MAY IT NEVER BE!!! MY COFFEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :_| *falls to the ground trying to catch the life-giving, caffienated beverage*

22. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Hi everyone! Just quickly peeking in to see what's up :D

Saw SITH again tonight - time #6 and counting...

I have to warn you all of something, I have the world's WORST plot bunny who's nibbling at my brain. I think I might have to explore it some before I start on Part 2 of "Carida Avenged."

The only good news is that I plan to pretty much set it between these 2 sections of the CA saga (since time needs to elapse between the 2 some.)

Sooooo it will somewhat relate. I'm just not sure how long it'll end up. Every time I think it'll be a shorty the stories turn out to be 300 pages long [face_frustrated]

Hopefully next chapter will be ready this week too :D
  23. Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Goddess? o_O I don't think I'm cut out exactly to be the Supreme Chancellor. :( Could you contact the Senate and tell them I'm sorry for saying I'd take the position?....

*Sigh*

:( I hate disappointing people....

Oh well. I'll worry about that stuff later. [face_devil] After all, being Empress Of The Universe is a very time consuming job....

*skipps off happily to her coronation ceremony*

:D :D [face_batting] [face_batting] [face_love] :* [face_love] [face_batting] [face_batting] :D :D

I WILL CONTROL THEM AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil][face_devil]

24. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    [face_tired]

Oh, man...

*Jon powers up again*

Oh, sis... I got a nice straitjacket for you!

*Nabs Mel and ties her down to a chair*

No universe ruling for you!

*Sees her wibbling and tries mightily to resist*
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Hi Guys!

So I haven't heard from Scott this week, so unfortunately no new post :(

I am, however, cranking on the next story to follow this one. I'm thinking it'll be pretty short - maybe only 10 posts max, so you all should get it pretty quickly and completely. Then the next round epic will begin.

I think CA here only has about 6 or so more posts after the next one - so we're reaching the end :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.