main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Carida Avenged: Unnatural Selection (AU/Thriller/Drama)Solos,L/M,TK,Zekk,O/Cs **COMPLETE**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hi Everyone - reminder to all 3 posts next week!!!

RebelMom

Glad you liked it! :D

Striker

Poor Raven!!!! I feel so sorry for her! She'd better carry this baby to term, or else her spirit would be destroyed! Poor Raven!!!! I feel so sorry for her! She'd better carry this baby to term, or else her spirit would be destroyed!

:( Yeah I don?t know how Raven would take a fourth miscarriage. She often likes to put up a strong emotional front to people but inwardly she?s a mess.

Jacen helping her sleep was quite lovely and nice of him.

[face_love] Well you know gotta get the tiny mushy moments in when I can [face_love]

That was just...plain freaky

Freaky? :confused:

Qingauk

I could picture Han curling his lip like he does .

Hee hee well that?s good ? I always hope that I capture Han just right.

I feel bad for Raven. I know exactly how she feels losing babies and not being able to carry to full term. I hope this one works for her. What could be the cause of these visions???? I hope we find out some time soon.

I guess we?ll all just have to wait and see how things go w/ her. And as to the second part ? that might take a while to unfold ;)

JediKnightLeia

Poor Raven, maybe the cause of all those dreams and i guess now visions that Raven is having is becuase Brakiss is back and its affecting her.

Humm? interesting theory. [face_mischief]

SpikeLead

Hee hee- Welcome!

ha poor Jaina! two daughters won't that be fun! My heart goes out to her. I'm a tomboy to and frilly dresses just don't appeal to me.

Well particularly to Jaina that is definitely a cruel fate from the Force.

Glad you enjoyed!

Jaid

1. Ten to one, Raven gets that virus that Barakiss is making and is held at an interagating place or a medical facility with really bright lights

Interesting theory [face_mischief]

5. Why can't I have Zekk?

Sorry darlin? I haven?t written you as a character.

6. Why can't I figure out how to mess up your plot?? You're doing so well on it, I can't mess it up... *cries*

LMAO ? poor Jaid. :p

Trickster

EDIT: about the "beloved's"...it could be worse....i could have realized, as you were posting it, that Marxx needed a shower almost every post in Nubian Son

Oh well- nice to know he was worried about personal hygiene issues ;)

Altaira

I?m glad Raven was honest with Jacen about her thoughts/visions. Their trouble and fears are justified, seeking help is a good idea.

Keeping things to herself would be a bad idea.

Han could not remember which door? a senior moment?

Yeah well he?s in his 60?s now- so I decided that a senior moment might be justified ;)

and, I would have like to see him run around the building...

LOL of course he IS in his 60?s and everything?s starting to sag?

Lex

Ooo! This biowarfare plot is really creepy... I like it!

Hee hee

Loved the Han and Chewie scene. Those guys are never going to grow up, are they?

I don?t think that they are. And they certainly don?t seem to ever learn from past mistakes. That?s probably why we love them so much.

2. GeithJiseo

GeithJiseo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2003
    This is such a good story that I'm bringing it back to the TOP! :D

3. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    And I've landed us on a new page, too!

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hi Geith!

Thanks for the UP! :D

Here's todays Chapter everyone! Lots going on in it!

Chapter 9

Krishta scowled as, yet again, another Jedi cadet snickered at her appearance. Standing behind the breakfast counter wearing a huge white chef?s hat, she unhappily served portions of hot grains out to her fellow students as her punishment. She supposed she shouldn?t complain since Ben was assigned with dealing with the stinky garbage and cleaning up the tables.

Kitchen duty was reserved for the worst of the Academy?s offenders. They were paraded in front of all of the other students three times a day and there was no way around hiding from their punishment. Cadets in return always did everything they could to make life even harder for those in forced duty by blowing messy spitballs everywhere, using six times the amount of napkins as necessary, or leaving general messes for the Jedis to clean up.

Making his way around the table, Ben Skywalker couldn?t believe the mess that the students left behind. They?d smeared insults all over tables and seats, written with grains and they had intentionally left containers of blue milk on their sides so the liquid would pour onto the ground.

They showed no mercy.

As he stooped over to clean up a pool of spilled milk, Ben?s ears pricked up over a snippet of conversation that floated on the air from several of his classmates, ??I don?t even see how he?s related to Master Skywalker. He?s a complete screw up? he can?t do anything.?

?Just because he hasn?t been able to lift anything in the air with the Force, doesn?t mean he?s not Force-Sensitive.?

?All he does is read and convert oxygen into carbon dioxide. Do you know in one of our meditation classes, we were all sitting and concentrating on connecting with the Force, and I kid you not, Ben was snoring.?

Side-splitting laughter filled the room. Cheeks burning with embarrassment, Ben peered through the slats of the table and spied his classmates, By?tna Mar, the Gran, hell bent on belittling him, Kynne Lorrn, the mousey brown-haired girl who had been defending him, and two human males Roodnick and Mee-Qui.

Kynne didn?t join in on the laughing. She flatly stated, ?Maybe he was just tired.?

Mee-Qui scoffed, ?Get real, he?s a joke. I don?t even think he has Jedi abilities. I think he?s here just because of whom his old man is.?

?You know why he?s got kitchen patrol? He ran out into the jungle and was chased by Frayt Dragons. Guess how he fended them off? He PUKED on them! I guess if I didn?t have any Force abilities I?d have to use rocks, stones, and vomit to get away,? By?tna howled.

Snickering loudly, Roodnick quipped, ?Remind me to remember that little trick next time I?m dueling a Sith Lord.?

?Spewing Skywalker? Spew-walker!? Mee-Qui chortled, tasting the feel of the name rolling around on his tongue. The boys all howled together.

Kynne glared at the boys and reasoned, ?You know, Master Skywalker didn?t come into his abilities until he was in his twenties. Maybe Ben?s just a late bloomer.?

?Oh come on we?re all better than he is and you know it!? Roodnick sneered.

?Better?? Harshly whispering, she spat, ?You don?t see him running around coming up with hurtful nicknames for others, do you? I think I plenty know who?s better around here.?

?Feel free to leave, Kynne. No one?s forcing you to sit here,? Mee-Qui challenged.

Not willing to break away from her clump of friends, Kynne clamped her mouth shut tight. She scowled and then returned to eating her food.

Ben frowned deeply as he cleaned up the spilled milk. Each belittling word cut him like a knife, not because of their cruel content, or that they were spoken in jest, but for the fact that in his heart he believed that the jeers were accurate.

For years his father spent hours pontificating the virtues of the almighty, great and powerful Force. Ben Skywalker would be held in rapt awe of his father?s lessons. The older he got, the more anxious Ben became to experienc

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, poor Ben and Krishta! I had to work in my school cafeteria at that age, so I can certainly empathize with what they're going through. And those students...grr. What a bunch of brats!

Goes to killify Yarr, than decides against it He's attacking the Jedi Order. Oh, man he is so dead! What a slime mold. Great post, PLJ. Up!

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Kids are so cruel. Poor Ben.

7. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    Spew-walker! LOL! [face_laugh]

I agree, though. Ben should kicked their rear ends for that. It sucks being the son of, for lack of a better word, a really famous "celebrity." At least Kristah and Kynne were decent to him.

Up again! :)

8. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Great Post! Poor Ben, kids are soo mean like that. Well I hope Jaina will get Zekk to do the dirty work for her. Keep it up!

9. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Kids are indeed mean, and I find it easy to see that they'd pick on Ben. Just because he's stuck being the heir to the Skywalker name doesn't mean he's going to be the great Jedi the other seem to expect. And look at Corran. He went through most of his life without using the Force, yet managed to become a Jedi anyway.

As for Yarr, he's a complete idiot. Somebody other than Jaina needs to sic a bounty hunter on him before he destroys the New Republic.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

10. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    HMMM.. taking this on a very interesting twist of events. This is getting more intriquing..to know what is the hidden agenda behind this move :)

11. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    *volunteers to take a "saggy" Han! from previous post!!* ;)

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    NEW POST TOMORROW!

Striker

And those students...grr. What a bunch of brats!

Well you know jr high ? grade school wasn?t always the greatest for me. Kids can turn on each other in a heartbeat over the pettiest things. If anyone ever listened to the Radio Broadcast of ANH ? they gave the very distinct impression that Luke was rather picked on as a teenager. And that his so called ?friends? weren?t always the kindest to him. They called him Wormie?so I figured I?d just follow family tradition.

RM

I know :(

Geith

I agree, though. Ben should kicked their rear ends for that. It sucks being the son of, for lack of a better word, a really famous "celebrity." At least Kristah and Kynne were decent to him.

Ben?s definitely not getting any special treatment. Well Krishta?s his relative ? so she?d better be nice to him. Kynne was nice?to a point.

JKL

Well I hope Jaina will get Zekk to do the dirty work for her.

For some reason I found that comment to be really funny [face_laugh]

Tych

Kids are indeed mean, and I find it easy to see that they'd pick on Ben. Just because he's stuck being the heir to the Skywalker name doesn't mean he's going to be the great Jedi the other seem to expect. And look at Corran. He went through most of his life without using the Force, yet managed to become a Jedi anyway.

Very true ? there?s no saying that Ben?s destined to become a great Jedi. It would be a terrible burden for the poor kid though. If he doesn?t develop he?ll probably always have an inferiority complex. :(

As for Yarr, he's a complete idiot. Somebody other than Jaina needs to sic a bounty hunter on him before he destroys the New Republic.

Hee hee. Yeah, Yarr definitely seems to be hell bent on having every Jedi poed at him. One definitely must wonder about his sanity.

Qingauk

This is getting more intriquing..to know what is the hidden agenda behind this move

Hee hee- things are definitely getting very interesting.

GreatOne

Hey you just snuck in! LOL! Well yeah he may be old- but Han's still a sweetheart [face_love] [face_love]

13. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    /\
    |
    |
    |
    |

UP!

14. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Ah, that brings back so many fond memories of my youth... :mad: Although I was never called anything as bad as Spewwalker! [face_laugh] (Have to admit... That's funny... Poor Ben. :( )

Hmm. Interesting strategy by Jaina there. Not sure what to make of it... Other than Yarr's up to no good. [face_mischief]

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Geith

Thanks for the UP!

Lex

Ah, that brings back so many fond memories of my youth... :mad:

Yes, well I think a lot of us can emphathize with poor Ben :(

Although I was never called anything as bad as Spewwalker! (Have to admit... That's funny... Poor Ben. )

Yeah well, what can I say? It just came to me and I had to use it. It's mean and funny at the same time. Poor guy :(

Hmm. Interesting strategy by Jaina there. Not sure what to make of it... Other than Yarr's up to no good.

Humm... yeah we'll have to wait and see...

Here's today's chappy!

Chapter 10

?I don?t know what to tell you, Jaina. I don?t think I?d know his secret identity. I?ve never met the guy,? Marxx complained as he scanned the vast list of names of registered bounty hunters.

Shoving a mouthful of leftovers into her mouth, Jaina advised, ?Just trust your instincts, Jedi Master.?

Scowling at the impossible task, Marxx returned to his datapad and scoured the list. Only a third of the way through the registered bounty hunters, Jaina worried that her eyes were going to explode from staring too long at the seemingly endless list of names. The politician in her couldn?t believe how many individuals earned their living walking in the shadows of the law. Bounty hunters were a necessary evil, which is why no one had ever gone out of his or her way to try to make their profession illegal.

Standing in the center of the living room, Lynnia swayed back and forth, lips pouting. She hated being ignored. Defiantly walking over to the couch, she climbed on top of it and began to lightly stomp on the squashy covers. When that failed to garnish either parent?s attention, she jumped harder, and wildly pinwheeled her arms. As they continued to ignore her, she furrowed her brows in annoyed anger.

Without taking his eyes off his datapad, Marxx pointed his arm in her direction and with assistance of the Force grabbed her, and dangled her in the air, mid-jump. ?Lynnia Padme Racees, you know you?re not supposed to jump on the furniture.?

She knew she had been bad when her Daddy used her full name. ?But Daddy??

?Tell me that you know you?re not supposed to jump on the furniture,? Marxx commanded.

Lynnia whined, ?But DADDY....?

Twisting his hand slightly counterclockwise, he caused his daughter to spin end over end in the air. Confusion turned to merry delight as she squealed out, ?FASTER DADDY!?

Taking a sip of her drink, Jaina scolded, ?Some disciplinarian you are.?

?What can I say, she?s got me under her spell,? Marxx answered as his thin excuse. Jaina rolled her eyes and took a drink of her tea. Flashing a broad smile at his wife, he pecked her on the cheek, put down his datapad, and turned his full attention to playing with his daughter.

Sighing as Lynnia?s shrieks filled the air, Jaina?s eyes suddenly widened; her baby announced her presence. She yelled, ?Baby kicked!?

?Yayyy!!!? Lynnia shouted.

?She must want to play with Daddy, also,? Marxx stated, grinning mischievously. Plopping his daughter down onto the ground they surrounded Jaina and placed their hands on her stomach.

She laughed, ?Gee that?s an awful lot of pressure you?re putting on her to perform.?

As if responding to the challenge, the baby kicked again?hard. Lynnia shrieked and yanked her hand away in confusion. ?That?s sooo weird!?

Grinning, Jaina replied, ?Yes it is, Squirt. Remember, that was you just three years ago.?

?No way! There?s no way I fit in there!? she confidently remarked.

Marxx and Jaina howled with laughter. Lynnia didn?t know what was so funny, but hearing her parents laughing caused her to bray with merriment. Swooping low, Marxx scooped his girl up in his arms and inquired, ?Why don?t you go show me your latest pictures that you drew so Mommy can get back to work??

?Ok!? Lynnia agreed, and giggled as Marxx carried her out of the room on his shoulders.

Jaina sighed and returned to her list. Taking another sip of her fragrant,

16. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    What a great Chapter! So many deep feelings of love and need and what friends and family are all about. Kudos to you :)

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Poor Zekk. He doesn't have to be alone.

18. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    He had forsaken everything that he?d known. And what did he have to show for it? Nothing? nothing remained but an empty heart that only contained space for regret and guilt.

Oh, man. Life sure can suck sometimes, can't it? Poor Zekk. :(

I hope things start looking up for him soon.

Excellent post! More please. :D

19. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Great Post! I hope Zekk doesn't think that Jaina wants to hook up with him or anything because that would really suck to be him, but I hope that he'll stick around and be friends with Jaina again. Keep it up!

20. PoolBoy

PoolBoy Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2002

?Tell me that you know you?re not supposed to jump on the furniture,? Marxx commanded.

Lynnia whined, ?But DADDY....?

Twisting his hand slightly counterclockwise, he caused his daughter to spin end over end in the air. Confusion turned to merry delight as she squealed out, ?FASTER DADDY!?

Taking a sip of her drink, Jaina scolded, ?Some disciplinarian you are.?

Excellent post Erika,

I got a kick out of that scene. Marxx is a great Dad, and a sucker for giving in to his daughter?s wishes. She DOES have him under a spell. Daughters can do that. ;)

Great story. :) Keep up the good work!

PB [face_love]

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Poor Zekk! Shouts at him Go back! They still want to be friends with you! Loneliness is the wrost feeling a human being can feel!

Oh, that was heart-wrenching! My hat off(and then back on) To you, PLJ! And Lynnia's discipline was quite funny. "Faster, Daddy!"

22. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Yet another excellent post, PLJ!

Zekks inner turmoil is perfect. After the way he's been betrayed all his life, it's not surprising that he would have doubts about helping Jaina. But at least he's made the right decision.

The bit with Marxx trying to be a disciplinarian and failing is perfect. It's just like kids to use their charms to get their parents to forget why they were mad in the first place, at least when it comes to small things. I wonder what would have happened had it been Marxx and not Raven who decided on the punishment for Ben and Kryshta.

I'll be waiting Friday for the next part.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

23. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
  24. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Sorry that I have reviewed lately, believe me it's not for lack of trying. For the longest time, my computer wouldn't let me log into my name and I never had a chance to go onto another computer to type of my responses to all these lovely long posts...

I must say I really like where you're taking this story. (Boy, it suprised me that you were just having Lando marry Tendra- myself being well versed in EU) Zekk's character is the progression that I wished they had taken him in the NJO, everytime he appeared he was such a flat character that I lost interest in a character that I use to be attached to emotional from previous books. And Daddy Han with sidekick Chewie was great- can we say flashback to their glory days. I wonder was it more fun raising hell like that for him than say doing the job for Jaina (if that makes sense). Parent Marxx and Jaina are great too, Lynnia is such a spoiled little princess (such the opposite and yet the same as Jaina as a little girl), it's great. Oh, and Grandpa Han- loved it. He's such a big stuff bantha himself. And Brukos needs to get over his new disability (yes, I know this could take a while, but learning to live with weakness is a great testament to one's character- so he should move on) and see that oh darn, I don't remember her name though I know it starts with an N does love him no matter what. Scientist Danni is a cool side that wasn't explore in the NJO except when randomly she would discover something new about the Vong, and I must say that I like the way you are writing her too. Now Jacen and Raven, I must say I'm curious to see where you're going to lead your character with her dream, because as we all know Jedi don't have dreams but visions. I seriously think her past is going to come back and haunt her and of course they are because Brakiss just about spelled that out to us in his creepy, eerie debut. So as you can tell I'm especially enjoying Carida Avenged and I can't wait for more, but then again I always can't wait for more.

An extremely late review from: Sara

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Qingauk

What a great Chapter! So many deep feelings of love and need and what friends and family are all about.

Yeah this was a very emotional chapter. There won?t be tons of kissy-face mushy romance in this story- the mush comes from the family chapters. This chapter is nice because it?s a good contrast on what Zekk?s life could?ve been like ? the road less traveled.

RM

Yeah, he?s one sad and lonely pup, isn?t he? :(

Geith

Oh, man. Life sure can suck sometimes, can't it? Poor Zekk.

Yeah, the life of the lonely isn?t fun. But it was his choice and cross that he beared.

I hope things start looking up for him soon.

One hopes.

Thanks for the Up! :D

JediKnightLeia

Great Post! I hope Zekk doesn't think that Jaina wants to hook up with him or anything because that would really suck to be him, but I hope that he'll stick around and be friends with Jaina again. Keep it up!

Yeah, I think he does know she?s happily married. But he just can?t stay away. Maybe he?ll grow up and realize that childhood crushes should stay in the past.

PoolBoy

I got a kick out of that scene. Marxx is a great Dad, and a sucker for giving in to his daughter?s wishes. She DOES have him under a spell. Daughters can do that.

Welcome darlin? [face_love]

Yeah, Marxx is a GREAT Daddy! Always just thinking of making his little girl feel good. And she WAS only being bad because she didn?t want to be ignored. Hardly a reason to give someone harsh punishment.

Striker

Poor Zekk! Shouts at him Go back! They still want to be friends with you! Loneliness is the wrost feeling a human being can feel!

Hee hee ? yeah poor Zekk. She?s definitely not interested in anything beyond friendship with him. The question will be, will that be enough for him?

Oh, that was heart-wrenching! My hat off(and then back on) To you, PLJ! And Lynnia's discipline was quite funny. "Faster, Daddy!"

At least she didn?t say ?Faster! More Intense!? [face_laugh] Damn why didn?t I think of that? That would?ve been funny. Course I doubt a 3 year old knows the word Intense :p

Tych

Zekks inner turmoil is perfect. After the way he's been betrayed all his life, it's not surprising that he would have doubts about helping Jaina. But at least he's made the right decision.

Yeah he?s finally letting the ?let?s do the right thing? part of his personality to finally take control.

The bit with Marxx trying to be a disciplinarian and failing is perfect. It's just like kids to use their charms to get their parents to forget why they were mad in the first place, at least when it comes to small things.

Yeah well Lynnie?s an awfully cute little Princess so I?m sure it?s near impossible for him to stay mad at her.

I wonder what would have happened had it been Marxx and not Raven who decided on the punishment for Ben and Kryshta.

That is an interesting question. My guess is if she hadn?t been so out of it from lack of sleep Raven would?ve been less harsh on her punishment of the kids. Sleep deprivation can be a bad thing. Marxx I would suspect would?ve given them a good old guilt-filled tongue lashing and sent them to bed.

SARA!

Sorry to hear about your computer :( I understand though. I thought maybe your schoolwork load this year had kicked into serious overdrive. I understand your long absences though. Computer problems bite the big one.

I must say I really like where you're taking this story. (Boy, it suprised me that you were just having Lando marry Tendra- myself being well versed in EU)

Well I had to do it that way because I seem to recall in DE I had him bringing some lovely young thing on his arm to Jaina?s wedding. So he?s just a late bloomer in the marriage department. Sometimes that?s how bachelors are though.

Zekk's character is the progression that I wished they had taken him in the NJO, everytime he appeared he was such a flat character that I lost int

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.