main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carolina Panthers Going to the Super Bowl!

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Whatta great run! Blowing out the best defense in the NFC, outscoring the "greatest show on turf," and then manhandling the "chosen ones" of the NFC. Once again they're the underdogs for the Super Bowl, but so be it. They seem to relish that role anyway. I love it that all these other playoff teams with their big names stars like McNabb, Manning, Faulk, and Holmes are all sitting at home while a team of free agent and waiver pick-ups are going to the Super Bowl on the arm of a no-name quarterback from NFL Europe. It's just nice to see a real team of players sacrificing their individual stats for the sake of a championship getting what they deserve.

2. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    The Panthers are a big underdog, but they were a big underdog in every other playoff game and they went in and won. I think they will do that against the Patriots as well.

Congratulations to the Panthers as they go to Superbowl XXXVIII!!!!!

3. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    What's a Superbowl? Just kidding. My three favorite teams are New England, Dallas and Carolina. This will be a tough one for me, I like both of the teams playing. I wish both teams a healthy game, but I will probably go for Carolina, I like to pull for the underdog.

JMK

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I admit that I was pretty darn happy to see the Panthers beat the Eagles. It's nice to have a Southeastern team to root for. ;)

Seriously, I wish them and the Patriots the best of luck. Both teams deserve their trip to the Superbowl.

5. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    You betcha, boss, I'm out there supporting both of them teams.

6. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Argh. After all the talk about defense and running, it was all about two QB's just trying to outsling each other. The Carolina front four couldn't get to Brady and the NE secondary couldn't stop the Carolina receivers. Both teams made multiple crucial mistakes, NE in special teams and Carolina with penalties. But the final mistake was Kasay's kickoff that put Brady in position to do what he does best. What a bittersweet pill to swallow. It was still a great season and really unexpected. I believe Delhomme proved that he is the real deal and if we can keep the core of the team together, we could be looking at the start of making football a real player in the Carolinas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.