main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford had an affair during the making of ANH

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthTalgus, Nov 16, 2016.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    http://www.cbr.com/carrie-fisher-reveals-secret-star-wars-romance-with-harrison-ford/

No wonder they had such chemistry in ESB :eek:

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm surprised this is considered news. I heard about it ages ago.

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

Its the official confirmation, that has got the media fired up. Since nothing else is going on in the US, the media has to pick up something.

4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Fisher has admitted she "went through the crew" so this is not a shock in any way.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    No surprise whatsoever. Fisher also played a somewhat forward young woman in "Shampoo" with Warren Beatty (1975) - very funny scene - LOL:

6. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Also heard during ROTJ, she would take coke every morning and often pass out in her trailer from drinking. Supposedly one time she woke up in her trailer and found a crew member passed out on the floor, his face in a puddle of nitequil. People sometimes drink nitequil to get drunk.

7. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    This has been common knowledge for a while now. Though I'm surprised it was actually a semi-serious affair and not just a hook up (three months).

What I'm curious about is if it was back on in ESB or not, because Kershner commented about how hot it got between Harrison and Carrie and that there was a lot of anger on set which he used to his benefit. And Harrison and Carrie Fisher have both independently confirmed they were both living at Eric Idle's house during the filming of ESB, so it seems weird two exes would platonically hang out living in the same house? I dunno....

8. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Especially the year he formally got divorced. Although sadly, or maybe not so sadly depending on how they feel about it, the amount of drug use going on for her during ESB and RotJ (and potentially him as well), may have caused them to just not remember any of it even if it did happen.

It also kind of makes me understand why Harrison was so unreasonably uncomfortable and spiteful towards the franchise. Guilt and anger towards something that aided in an affair isn't uncommon. At least, that's my interpretation.

The Exogorth likes this.
  9. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    all i ever heard before was she sort of had a crush on him [face_dunno]

10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I just always assumed it happened anyway. Two good looking people with a lot of chemistry...