Carrie Fisher @ C:II

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Iwakura, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
  2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
  3. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Old news to FAQ readers, but exciting nonetheless. ;)
  4. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Glad it is official. However, did anyone notice it specifically mentioned autographs wheras Hayden's did not. I don't think he will be signing after seeing this :( But Carrie Fisher, woohoo!!!!!!!
  5. K-Dub_Solo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wish I had something nice for her to sign, but I will be happy with the provided pic that they have. I hope she can inscribe it. I can just see it now 'To Kevin, I have always loved you!
    Carrie Fisher'

lol
  6. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Master

star 4
    Man on man! Carrie Fisher! WooHoo!

Can't wait to meet her! :D

This is gonna be awesome.

But you know...with all the names they keep adding...it's looking more and more likely that I'll be buying a coupon book for autographs. I'm gonna be poor!!
  7. vadersfist Jedi Knight

star 2
    Excellent! I knew she wouldn't miss this, given her willingness to do the SW Weekends at Disney World! :)
  8. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    Kick @$$. Ahhh so many big starwars names......I feel all tingly.
  9. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    Me too. Kinda like when you climb the rope in gym class! Sorry, stole that from Gath Algar, but it's not too far off.
  10. boushh2187 Jedi Master

star 4
    Did anyone get to see her talk or has any good autograph stories to tell? I couldn't make it to Celebration II but I'd love to hear more about her appearance! :)
  11. vadersfist Jedi Knight

star 2
    She liked my haircut and signed my pic to "Nutty Derek", because of being a big SW fan.

:)
  12. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't get to talk to her at all. Couldn't think of anything to say really
  13. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I "met" her about 20 minutes before the show ended Saturday. She was so busy signing autographs as quickly as possible she didn't even look at me. It was still cool getting her autograph.
  14. twonabomber Jedi Padawan

we saw her checking out the toy museum on Sunday, then some people took pictures of her as she was coming out of the bathroom (of all places...) as the flashbulbs were going off, she said "now THERE'S a shot!" from there, she went to the autograph area, where she said hi to Peter Mayhew and a few others. i have her on video giving Mike Edmonds a hug. then she asked one of the security guys with her which way they were going out of the area, and the guy pointed toward the LucasArts display and beyond. at that point Carrie made a "you gotta be kidding me" face, and they went out the way they came in, behind the toy museum.
  15. DEWGOD01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was actually waiting at the Autograph Pull table for my Carrie Fisher picture when I saw her rush by with about four security guards/assistants. I didn't get any pictures because my camera wasn't warmed up but for the most part she got through with only a few people seeing her. I think by the time anyone realized it was her she was already down the hall to her private room. My comment was she looked very tired and when I said so I was told that on Saturday the poor lady had signed over 3,000 autographs. But I got mine and that's all that matters :)
  16. tionnesharp Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I wanted her autograph pretty badly. Saturday was impossible. By the time I got in, the line was already 5-6 hours long. On Sunday I could have gotten it, but I had to choose between sitting in line for 6 hours or seeing her on stage. I chose the later. I'm so glad I did. She was wonderful. Very funny and charming and frank. She had a big blue smudge on her right hand from all the autographs she signed. Someone asked her what she thought of the Celeb II and all the hype. She said she thought it was great, but that we were kinda "out there". Fair enough. It was a highlight of my weekend to hear her and Anthony Daniels recall funny moments about the filming and curious episodes with other actors. I'd have loved her autograph on my "Postcards" book, but I wouldn't have missed the talk for anything.
  17. Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 5
    Wow, Carrie Fisher was great!!!

Sunday was a good day for us, with the help of our friend (a kind of tag-team thing) we waited in line for Ms. Fisher's autograph for about an hour and a 1/2, while doing that my husband and I took turns waiting in line to get tix to see her show. We got her autograph at just after 11 and were on our way to the show, to be able to do both was wonderful.
    She thought it amusing that my name was Leah, I felt funny saying it lol.
    Wow, great fun!! :D Very happy!
  18. boushh2187 Jedi Master

star 4
    You guys are making me jealous! ;) It sounds like you all had such a fun time. :)

For those of you that saw her on stage, any funny moments, you'd care to share?

PrincessLeah: The name thing is kinda priceless. :) At least you've got a good story to tell!!
  19. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have two stories - I'll just share the first one right now as it didn't affect me. I just witnessed it. As we were walking by her autograph room on Saturday, a guy came busting out of the room all excited and was showing off his autograph.

It was the Slave Leia picture and she had signed it: "Blow Me -- Carrie Fisher."

I hardly believe it and I saw it, but I swear it's true.
  20. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I met a guy that knows that guy. He said Carrie asked what his friend wanted her to write on the picture, his friend said whatever she felt like, she said she usually writes "blow me," his friend that works for him. That's why the line was taking so long Saturday morning, she was talking with every fan and thanking them for coming. It was taking about a minute for each fan, that doesn't sound like a lot, but when you have 500 people in line that winds up being more than 8 hours. Thankfully she speeded things up in the afternoon so much they reopened her line around 3:30.
  21. MaximusVader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I got into her line first thing on Saturday morning and was about twenty-five people back. And it STILL took me around two hours to get in there. They started off by letting in one person at a time, closing the door, and letting that person have a personal interview with Carrie. J/K. I don't know what was going on in there with the first five or six people, but I do know that one guy came out with a stack of like eight 12" Slave Leia's that he claimed she signed, even though the limit that first couple of hours was 2 personal items and 10 pics (this was cut down, down, down as the weekend went on). Then a TV crew came to interview her and this held up the line even longer.

They finally started letting people in in groups of about seven people. The line started moving better then. The only problem was that when my group got into the room, her assistants were a bunch of a**holes barking orders at people. No one was allowed to have Carrie personalize anything. She even looked a bit uncomfortable with the way that they were acting towards the fans. It was the opinion of most all of us that first morning that Carrie was either VERY jet-lagged, or she was under the influence of some herbal stimulant. The girl was OUT OF IT! When I got up there to get my stuff signed, I still asked to have her personalize my pic and figure. She did so on the pic, but then her jackass assistant barked that that was not allowed, so nothing but her name on my figure.

All in all, it was great seeing her. I felt more and more lucky as the weekend went on and I started hearing (and seeing) how hard it became to get in to see her.

Let's hope that she enjoyed herself enough to return for the next one. (Though I do hope that they do away with autographs the next time around.)
  22. tionnesharp Jedi Knight

star 1
    Funny moments...well she said one I remember. You know the scene at the very end of Empire where she and Luke and the droids are following with their eyes the Millinium Falcon as it leaves the battle group? Well, since that was shot against a "blue screen" what their eyes were really following was a stage hand carrying a mop! Oh, and she just HATED her hair in the first movie. I just wish I'd taped it, but the Troopers were everywhere.
  23. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I guess it took me about 2 1/2 hours on Sunday morning to get in. We were really worried because she had an 11:45am talk to go to, so we really wanted in before she left for that. We started right around the corner where the women's rest room was and there were some cool people in line, so it didn't seem that long.

Once we got in the room, we asked the "prep guy" if she was personalizing and he just looked at us sheepishly and said, "depends on her mood." My friend Christian went first and she personalized, "4 Christian, Carrie Fisher." Simple enough. My friend Tommy was next and he asked if she would write "May the Force Be With You," and she just looked at him and said, "I'm not writing that." She signed her name and wrote PLO under it. I figured he had pissed her off now and I'd be lucky to get her name. I asked if she could make it out to Dalton and she said, "that's a really nice name." I thanked her and we had a quick chat about how I pronounced it since I was from the South. (A lot of people in the South say the Dal part so it sounds like Dow) She said that I was the first Dalton she had had this weekend and signed it "To Dalton XXOO, Carrie Fisher." All in all, well worth it.

And another funny thing - After getting autographs, it was sorta funny 'cause there were like 6-7 people standing on the far wall just blowing on their autographs for fear of smudging them. There's something odd about grown people blowing on posters, pictures, figures, and toys.
  24. boushh2187 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great stories guys. I love the mop bit! LOL. :)

I do have something to say about the blowing on the photos for fear of smudging thing. I've had autos get smudged. It's not fun. :( And for people who have waited hours upon hours, I can totally understand. Some of those pens take forever to dry and once they smudge, you're stuck with it.

Interesting about the personalizing thing. I'm surprised she was personalizing at all quite honestly... When a celeb does personalize at all, I feel grateful, because they are extending their time on the autographing by doing so. It also extends the waiting time by a whole lot also. I probably would not have had my things personalized unless she insisted. And some celebs actually do insist. And then you can't say no. ;)
  25. mgmcpa Jedi Knight

star 1
    I waited on Saturday for about 7 hours to get in. Lucky for me, she was in an excellent mode when I got to her.

Not only did she personalize one of my pictures (I did 2), she talked with me and the people I was with for quite awhile.

Funniest thing was that she was eatting one of those jumbo boxes of Cracker Jacks. There were some kids in the line and she offered them some. They were shy and declined, so she said "Eat some, they're Star Wars Cracker Jacks." Of course all the adults perked up, Star Wars Cracker Jacks? She then explained, "Anything I eat is Star Wars."

She also gave the woman behind me a hug because it was her birthday and she signed her birthday card for her. It was very cool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.