Carrie Fisher @ C:II

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Iwakura, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruno_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    mgmcpa you must have been in front of me, my wait saturday was 10 minutes short of 8 hours. Insane, yes, worth it, YES!

When I got in there there was a family with a child in a stroller in front of me, they went up to the table and Carrie was like "they didnt make you wait in line all this time did they?" to the child, and thats when I saw it. That beautiful Carrie Fisher smile. Right there, 3 feet infront of me, I was stunned. Then when the parents said "yeh they were all in line all this time", she gave them the "Aww" and the puppy dog look, I melted. Of course by this time they had started on their way out and her agent, who was nibbling on cracker jacks, gave me the "what the hell are you waiting for" look. When I snapped back into reality I was barely able to get my name out of my mouth.

She is still one of the most beautiful women on the face of this planet.

BTW, did anyone else want to kick the cr@p out of the guy in the spiderman shirt who was trying to sell his autographs to people in line for $50?
  2. MynDonos Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think all the heroin and acid she dropped with the Rolling Stones that night is starting to catch up to her- its not that bad, but I wouldn't say shes the most attractive woman on the planet, really.
  3. DamonVader Jedi Padawan

We got to her Sat after about a five hour wait.
    She was too cool!They said no camaras but wasnt sure about video cam amd didnt want to piss her off so I was recording but it is mostly of the floor.Can still hear her loud and clear talking to me!!She asked where I was from,I said Kokomo
    Indiana so she started to sing the Kokomo song!
    She than asked who wrote that song and I told her the Beach boys.Than I shook her hand!!!!
    Got a 12" doll,carded figure and a personalized 8x10. Big highlight to a great weekend.Also got my pic in SWC2 official pic thread #102.I'm behind the slave Leah in line for Carrie.I'm the goodlooking fat guy on the left!!
  4. JediJovo2366 Jedi Knight

Lots of great Carrie stories here...

I too waited in line forever to meet Carrie Fisher. My wait started at 7am when I got in line to get into the Convetion Center. It was probably 9:30 when I was actually in the building and I went straight to the Carrie Fisher line, which by this time was all the way backed up to the main lobby area. I swear that line did not move but 10 feet in 3-4 hours. But by then I was determined to stick it out and get her autograph and meet her. Several hours later around 3:00 I actually got in and met Carrie.

By then I decided to use my last 2 tickets to have her sign 2 pics. I was very surprised to discover she was personalizing some pics after being told she was NOT personalizing anything.

So when my turn came....without looking up at me she asked me my name....I told her John and she signed the pic: "4 John, Carrie Fisher"...the other one she simply signed her name. I thanked her and then moved along....

Was it worth it? I don't know...it was pretty cool to meet Carrie Fisher. But I sure wasted a lot of time in that line.

I don't blame Carrie of course, I blame the idiots who allowed the first people to have up to 10 items signed!!! That is crazy!!

I think she is fantastic for staying as long as she did and signing as many items as she must have over those two days.

Pretty amazing.
  5. The_Dark_Snack Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would like to thank everyone who waited patiently in line for her autographs from John (the guy in the yellow shirt who was helping control the line on Saturday). I got roped into helping too (I was the one who was keeping count when the line re-opened Saturday).

We managed to get her autograph on Sunday and she was quite wonderful and very thankful for our (John's especially) efforts in assisting her.

I must say that she was looking very tired and worn out on Saturday but was a bit perkier on Sunday.

All in all, she was very gracious.

I was really dissappointed that Mark wasn't there, though. I met him several years ago and he was a Hoot! He signed my autograph shirt that said "I only sleep with the best".
  6. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    My favorite story from the Panel was the one about there being no underwear in space. I'll let someone else elaborate, it was not necessarily G-Rated.
  7. camisa Force Ghost

star 1
    my group got in line at 3:30am on sunday, so we got our autographs around 10am. it was great, i still can't believe she personalized it, i had no idea why she was asking for my name. after the autograph we immediatly got in line for the show, man were we suprised we got into the show.
  8. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I got lucky, I was in the Jonathan Hales panel Saturday when a guy came in and sat next to me, he then pulled out an autographed Carrie Fisher picture. I asked him how long he had to wait, he claimed only about two hours, but also said they were just about to reopen the line. I didn't see the end of the Jonathan Hales panel. To those running the line and counting heads, thank you from number 21 of the 120 let into the line after it reopened. You did a great job in a nightmare situation.
  9. vadersfist Jedi Knight

star 2
    I got in her line first thing Saturday. I'm glad I got to meet her; it was nice. Here's my pic. =)

[image=http://tk421.homestead.com/files/carrie_auto.jpg]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.