Speculation Carrie Fisher "confirmed"?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by SaberJedi2, Nov 16, 2012.

1. SaberJedi2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Last edited by Jedi Merkurian, Nov 16, 2012
    CaptainHamYoyo and Padme501st like this.
  2. tsunami1138 Jedi Master

star 1
    Getting the original Big Three involved is the only way to do this well. And from a different perspective, getting them involved should mean more of the EU is left relatively intact, given their ages and where the story would therefore fit into the overarching timeline.
  3. Master Hamahiga Jedi Master

star 1
    Interesting find....I hope it is true with an actual official confirmation coming soon.
  4. Bazinga'd SWC/PT/ Spinoff Manager -Destroyer of Spam

Manager
    star 5
    Next best thing to having Lucasfilm confirm, is to have an actor spill the beans.

Unless Carrie is being cynical / sarcastic
    Last edited by Bazinga'd, Nov 16, 2012
  5. Skywalker2B Force Ghost

star 2
    Assuming that her quote is accurate, I would say this is no longer "speculation". I think several of the OT cast (not just the big 3) have that they'd be willing to reprise their roles. I haven't yet heard about Peter or Anthony, but I'd bet that they'd be willing as well.

I wonder if we'll hear anything about any PT actors in the ST as well?
  6. SaberJedi2 Force Ghost

star 4
    ^^ True, but until we hear it from Lucasfilm, I'd still consider it speculative. However, like Bazinga'd said, th next best thing is for an actor to spill the beans.
    TreborSabreon and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  7. Padme501st Force Ghost

star 1
  8. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Either she's being truthful, or bitterly sarcastic.
    Bazinga'd likes this.
  9. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    Great news! Leia was my first movie role model, and any continuation of the story line after ROTJ would feel incomplete without her.
  10. Pfluegermeister Force Ghost

star 4
    Why would there be any PT actors in the new trilogy? How many of the PT characters would have survived long enough to appear? Bail Organa's dead; Obi-Wan Kenobi became Alec Guinnes; Anakin became a charcoal briquette that bore an astonishing resemblance to Sebastian Shaw; Padme' died when Leia was "very young" - like two-minutes-old young; Palpatine's a splatty-patty. Who's left?

There would really be only two PT actors who could have a place in the ST: Temuera Morrison could always come back as Boba Fett if the story needed the character, and Ahmed Best, well...

Uhhh... no. Just... no.
    krtmd likes this.
  11. Chrono85 Jedi Master

star 1
    I was always quite confident that at least Hamill and Fisher would return, and I'm reasonably confident that Ford will return :). Of course, we won't know anything for sure until there is an official announcement from LucasFilm.
  12. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
  13. Luukeskywalker Chosen One

star 4
    Story is now gone. Link is broken. Was this an old story or just posted today?
  14. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
  15. DV75 Force Ghost

star 3
  16. nitinblurayfan Jedi Master

I thought all three of them were coming back?
  17. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    It has yet to be confirmed by Disney/LFL, but the entertainment folks reporting on it are not known to deal in unsubstantiated rumors.
  18. lord_eidolon Force Ghost

star 3
    Great news!

Hopefully LFL will be forced to confirm something now and put us out of our speculative misery. Then the real speculation can begin!
    Fettcrom likes this.
  19. fenton Force Ghost

star 3
    The 3 being involved doesn't mean anything, one way or the other, in regards to the EU staying intact. They could have Luke, Han and Leia in the movie, but change EVERYTHING ELSE about them that the EU has done.
  20. snelson Force Ghost

star 4
    could crucible be a precursor to the sequel trilogy. and im happy carrie will be in in ep 7.
  21. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    It's a rumor until LFL confirms it.
  22. C Creepio Force Ghost

star 3
    Eh....could be total sarcasm from her, since she's probably the most sarcastic person I know of.

As fro PT characters.....the only person I see in the sequels is Ewan returning as a blue-ghosted Obi-Wan for one last scene with Luke. That would be pretty cool!
    Bazinga'd likes this.
  23. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ditto.
  24. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay I read the good link. My thoughts -- its TRUE!

First, Carrie was at a book signing, trying to sell books. There's no reason for her to be sarcastic or cynical here. Her answer is true -- common knowledge now Nov 15th in that by now the news has broken all over that she and Mark met with GL in August. It all falls into place.
  25. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    Now you don't have to worry about the link.
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.