main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Carrie Fisher confirms her return as Princess Leia? [Update: No]

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I look forward to the Disney snipers making him say he was just joking ;)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  2. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    So it looks like George Lucas has confirmed that Carrie, Mark and Harrison will be in the movie. Just waiting for an official LFL/Disney announcement

3. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Then he adds: “I won’t say whether the negotiations were successful or not.”

4. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Alright then Disney, let's see the "big whoop-de-do".

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    He kinda back tracks himself when he realizes what he just said:
    Not that I don't think it's true, just that I don't know if everything is completely finalized and they don't want to announce until it is.

Edit :Annnddd... someone beat me to it.

6. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    What's really interesting about that article is that it appears that the ball has been rolling for much longer than at least I was previously aware. Seems like Arndt has been at work much longer, the big 3 were approached well before the sale to Disney, etc. Seems like this was all in the works to make the sale of LF to Disney that much more desirable.

7. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Oh the suspense George! The suspense! LOL

DarthPancho likes this.
  8. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Look! He's spoiling himself! Where's Pablow Hidalgo and the spoiler police shooting 'cease and desist' laser beams?!?!

:)

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  9. GeekFurious

GeekFurious Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2012
    Why would anyone be cautious about calling it at this point? It's a done deal. It's happening. It's been a done deal for a while now.

10. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Yeah...it looks like the "Big 3" are in EP7 at this point.
    I'll never understand the reluctance of studios/directors to announce important things like this.
    An official announcement could only generate massive buzz and get the real anticipation-ball rolling.

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

He heard the powering up of the laser rifle... ;)

12. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    "Update: NO". Insert picture of Grumpy Cat here

DarthBreezy likes this.
  13. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I am well aware of her problems in the OT. However she was JUST hospitalized for a blatant mental ouburst just last month. I't very obvious her "issues" have deteriorated for the worse, and having a HIGH STRESS acting job in this state of mind wont help. At all. I know quit alot about mental instability. I grew up around it.

1) Obviously you haven't been reading the novels. Leia has been a Jedi for a long time now. If they ignore that and other things, then I really want no part in the new movies.

2) Never said it was difficult.

3) You sure did alot of assuming and alot of put words in my mouth. Talk about exaggerating. Wow. Quit being a fanboy. Thanx.

14. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Get used to it bud, they will probably be ignoring a lot of things from the novels.

15. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I won;t discuss Carrie's personally issues anymore since the Mods came in and specifically told us to stop talking about it. Needless to say we just disagree on that point. Drop it like we have been told to do.

1. I have read plenty of the novels. When you can point to me where they confirm they are following the novels with the movies, then I will concede that point. Until then it is very much fair game.

2. Then why bring the issue up?

3. Not sure how I was putting words in your mouth. Sorry whatever I said upset you though. Not sure how anything I have said makes me a fanboy. Especially since I have said plenty of times on her before that I would not be crushed if Carrie does not return, simply that the character should not be recast were that the case. If not finding juvenile jokes funny makes me a fanboy, then I guess I am a fanboy. I digress though, I am falling back into the topic we were told to avoid so I will stop now. Sorry if my words upset you. Certainly was not my intention.

16. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I don't think Leia can be classified as a Jedi up until the point where she really commits herself to training - which isn't until the Legacy books, I believe. Before that she had minimal training and rudimentary Force skills.

Either way, it so doesn't matter given that it's highly unlikely the books will be used.

17. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    These are going to be original stories taking zero consideration for current eu timeline.

E!’s Leslie Gornstein reports that she’s heard directly from LucasFilm and other sources “close to the picture” that Star Wars Episode 7 will tell a story never before seen in the extended fiction. That of course, also applies to episodes 8 and 9 which were confirmed by Disney chairman Robert Iger on a conference call earlier today.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  18. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    While I don't think they will follow the EU. The original story argument does not prove this. By this logic they would be unable to to reference any of the previous movies in the ST. All they mean by original story is that it will not be an adaption of a story from any of the novels such as the Thrawn trilogy. Not sure why everyone and their mother gets confused by that.

19. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    I disagree with your interpretation.

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  20. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Wait so, why does the thread title say no? Have they been confirmed to not be in it? I've skimmed through the posts and I can't see any articles saying that. HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING

21. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    No, her publicist or someone said that she was joking. But all Carrie said was, "Yes." Doesn't sound like much of a joke to me.

22. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    I think she's backtracking because it was supposed to be a secret. GL accidentally spilled the beans today.

23. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Your interpretation literally would mean they could not reference any other films. Not sure how that seems more plausible. Whatever floats your boat though.

24. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    No. Original meaning having nothing to do with any of the current eu taking place after Jedi. You're reading it too literally.

25. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    You reading things into the quote that were never there. They would have been far more clear if that is what they intended to get across. I should reiterate I do not believe the EU will be used. There is an EU thread to debate this issue though. I personally am tired of the debate all together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.