Speculation Carrie Fisher confirms her return as Princess Leia? [Update: No]

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Darth Claire, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug625 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    could be true, although I would expect some sort of major announcement when any of the big 3 or 4 are confirmed. Some random article getting no media hype seems odd.
    DarthRelaxus likes this.
  2. mglover92 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    YES! I freaking love Carrie. This pretty much confirms all 3 will be back....now it just comes down to how big of a role...i hope its decent!
  3. Leias_Left_Bun Force Ghost

star 4
    She sounds pretty serious to me. Just a simple straightforward "Yes."

Sure, Carrie likes to goof around but there was nothing jokey about that particular reply. I think she's in, and I also believe the report that says Harrison is already in, and we know Mark is gonna be in, so...[face_party]
    J_Girl likes this.
  4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
  5. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    Actually, her response was the definition of vague. It could mean "Yes, I'm in." or "Yes, I'm not." or "Yes, I can confirm, but I won't." :)
  6. sethg Pulled Pork Sandwich/E7 Manager

Manager
    star 2
    she looks fine.
  7. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6

EXACTLY... Carrie's a [face_devil]
    Darth Chiznuk and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  8. Leias_Left_Bun Force Ghost

star 4
    I get what you're saying but... it just doesn't feel like a calculated, slippery response to me. Yes, Carrie is perfectly capable of toying with us in this fashion. But I really don't think she was doing that here.

Could it be that we've all become so jaded with fake spoilers and unsubstantiated rumors that anything which isn't 1000% utterly and completely confirmed must be considered false?

But yeah, caveat emptor and all that.
    Last edited by Leias_Left_Bun, Mar 5, 2013
  9. GoJohnnyGo Jedi Master

star 1
    My estimate is the the big 3 are in have been for some time probably since prior the sale to Disney. I would not be surprised if the deal was not continent on Lucas getting them to commit. After all, didn't George meet w/Mark and Carrie prior to the sale to tell them about Episode 7...
    DarthBreezy likes this.
  10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    You know, I can't tell who's older looking, her or her mother.
  11. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM and vacation

Manager
    star 7
    He did. But I'm pretty sure that was to prepare them for all the questions that would likely be asked of them once the sale happened and things like that.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. DARTHSHAME Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't worry everyone, she will be back. No offense, but what else does she have to do?
  13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    Instead of acting like a ****ing loser on cruise ships? Nothing.
  14. DarthVengeant Force Ghost

star 3
    This is a bit strange, considering she was JUST (in Feb 2013) hospitalized for her bipolar disorder. Can we REALLY trust what she says? No.

If true, she better get on the diet machine and mental stability then.
  15. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    I think this applies -

16. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM and vacation

Manager
    star 7
    Really Carrie looks amazing for her age. She doesn't need to diet, she is fine how she is. I hate that people say these things about people in Hollywood who look perfectly fine. It's like the people that say Jennifer Lawrence is fat, she is a perfectly healthy young lady.

Carrie is aware of her on mental issues and is working on those. And I don't think that should stop her from doing a role. There are people with far less experience in Hollywood with worse off issues then this who should be getting help but no one ever talks about them or says these things.

I love Carrie the way she is and I look forward to the possibility of her coming back and I don't want her to change for a role.
  17. agentkrycek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Hopefully we will. Jedi Leia FTW!
  18. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    She answers that YES she can confirm it. That is the exact answer to the question. Can you confirm that you will be in it? Yes(I can confirm that I will be in it).

Look at the question before you jump on the answer.

That said: if true [face_party]
  19. Trebor Sabreon Chosen One

star 4
    My thoughts, too: "yes," as in "yes, I could confirm it (or I could not)." She's a sly one, so you never know. ;)

I imagine she'll be there, though.

And thanks, Claire, for the heads-up.
    Last edited by TreborSabreon, Mar 5, 2013
  20. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Now all we need is Billy Dee to come out and give us a vague confirmation or a maybe/possibly/could be he'll return and we'll be set. :p C'mon LFL what are you waiting for?
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    Carrie Fisher confirms her return as Princess Leia

I logged on expecting nothing to talk abouZOMGTHISISTEHMOSTAMAZINGNESSEVAR!!!! Truly shocking! Nobody had even considered this to be a possibility!!! Nobody saw this coming! Nobody!
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. my kind of scum Chosen One

star 4
    I just wish Disney/LFL would come out and confirm the big 3 so all of this will they/won't they stuff can be over and we can start getting some real news going.
  23. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I agree with you, but let's not fall into the trap of acting like her bipolar disorder categorically won't impact her abilities to do things. It's perfectly legitimate that she might decide she wants a more trimmed-down role than the other cast members. Who knows?
    TreborSabreon likes this.
  24. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    :rolleyes:

Anyone else tired of "OMG! What if she's too fat? What if she has a meltdown? What if a F'ing METEOR drops down on her in the middle of one of her stand up acts?" that inevitably get posted ad-naseum every time the idea of Carrie and the ST comes to bear?
    mavjade, DarthPancho, cdgodin and 2 others like this.
  25. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    I hadn't noticed. :)
    ShaneP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.