main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    It's likely she's already completed her role.

2. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Not really. Carrie was booked for 6 months of work that started in May.

But there was a lengthy delay in filming due to HF's injury. Meaning it's more than likely she's still got filming due through the end of the year, possibly the top of the next.

3. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    I thought the shoot finished next month? Excluding pickups, of course.

4. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I thought the shoot was originally scheduled to end next month, no? Was it not pushed back due to the hiatus? I assumed so, but perhaps they were able to cut time down and stay on schedule.

5. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    Well we know she was on set just the other day, with the pic of Daisy and Gary, sitting on what appeared to be the doorway of Daisy's trailer. That's a pretty good sign she was probably filming that day. I think most of Leia's scenes will be interior, taking place in the senate and offices and such. Or even on board the Falcon, which would be on the sound stage. So it's not that she hasn't been on set, she's just been doing interiors.

I'm also hoping she gets a ton of scenes with Harrison. And Mark too. I hope they explore the sibling relationship a little more.

Gemma, VMeran, Yanksfan and 2 others like this.
  6. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    I don't know. That tweet gave me the impression that the photo was taken sometime ago.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    We must consult the Lord of the Interwebs!!

HugoWanKenobi and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    your pet is a peeve? you have two of them? do you walk your peeves? are they happy? just kiddin bro. i just always thought peeves should be parodied on monty python or something..its just a funny word.

9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think Abrams, like Spielberg films fast, they can film a big budget blockbuster in about 3 months. we know They have been filming since May So Harrison filmed most of May the first week of June and the end of August and most Of September. so basically Harrison has filmed about 2 months of film and the rest of the cast has filmed about 4 months. Adam Driver has another film to do in Mid November and I am sure the other cast has other prior commitments after October so I would say October is the last month of Filming Episode 7 except for pick ups and ADR.......

10. yogacat

Jul 6, 2014
    Even if the photo itself was taken decades ago, the location at the bottom of the tweet indicates where she was at the time she tweeted it. Unless someone signed into her account and tweeted an old photo of her while they were in Ibiza, its pretty safe to say she is/was in Ibiza.

However, we know nothing about her filming schedule. It could have been a short trip. All we know she was there, and she will be back in LA September 30th, to receive her award at the Golden Heart Gala. Pray god someone uploads her speech online. And she's coming back to the UK, because she's doing London Film & Comic Con on October 18th, and FACTS (another fan convention) in Belgium on October 19th.

I don't take our lack of Carrie sightings on set to be a bad sign, why would Leia, presumably now a high-ranking politician, be running around in a flight suit on a base?

I know we have discussed this in the past, but there are some new folks kicking around.... Do you guys think they will explore the whole Vader/Leia dynamic? How will it affect her relationship with her force sensitive children? Will is strain her relationship with Luke? Will she allow herself to be trained? How has her force sensitivity affected her relationship with Han? Did Vader realize that Leia, who he tortured, was the sister? Do we know if force-ghost Anakin ever reached out to her? Will we get to see her engage in any 'jedi' tricks and skills? And most importantly... how will her hair be styled?

11. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I wouldn't be surprised if Leia has one of the most surprising roles in the new film, one that flies in the face of the usual "Leia will barely register" speculation I've seen around this board.

I actually don't think the lack of Leia rumors mean anything. I think there is actually very, very little concrete info about any of the characters in this film. Han and Luke are just getting more speculation, that's all.

Gemma, VMeran, Tan-Wessel and 2 others like this.
  12. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

I meant Diasy's photo.

13. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Completely this, at the mo we really don't know a thing about any of them and for people to suggest there's a lack of Leia is a bit shortsighted considering we have precisely the same amount of concrete info on Han and Luke.

Tan-Wessel and jaqen like this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    What fabulous clothes will Leia wear?

15. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I also posted this interview with Oscar Isaac in the Oscar thread but I think it's relevant here too since we know so little about Carrie's role in VII:

Have you had much interactions with the original trio of Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill on or off-screen?
    Yeah, I have. Both. They’re such funny people. Carrie is hilarious and doing such cool work. Harrison is back. He went on hiatus for a little while, but he’s 150 percent back. It’s pretty amazing to see him bounce back. He looks incredible.

So it seems Carrie has some scenes with Oscar. That's something at least :p And it sounds like the cast is enjoying themselves which is always good!

Also, there was a new interview with Carrie today as well:

"I love making them. Star Wars has been my whole life. It wasn't this deal with the devil, it's this deal with Disney. It's like summer camp for droids."

She doesn't say anything revealing (unfortunately) but seems to be having a good time filming!

Gemma, VMeran, ChildOfWinds and 2 others like this.
  16. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000

17. yogacat

Jul 6, 2014
    Now I want to know more about the 'cool' work Carrie is doing. Green screen and working with puppets, I wonder?

18. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I think hearing that Carrie Fisher is doing "such cool work" and that she loves making this film are great sign posts that Leia is a lot more involved than the "dies in the first 2 seconds because old Leia wouldn't have any other use" narrative suggests.

19. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Well, she is going to die in the first 2 seconds. But don't worry, she's going to come back as a zombie and the big question will be how long it takes for Han to notice.

Or, you know, she's going to kick as and make Mark and Harrison look like a couple of chumps in comparison.

20. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Oscar Isaac is hot, but I can't wait to fall in love with him when the new SW movie comes out.

Oh, wait, wrong thread….Carrie, you already know I think you're the ****.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    You think Carrie Fisher is ****? I'm reporting you to the mods you naughty naughty poster.

VMeran and TheBBP like this.
  22. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Anyone notice in the quotes above relating to interacting with "old" trio Isaac only mentions 2 of the 3?

VMeran likes this.
  23. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I get a sort of politician/authority vibe from Oscar. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets passed a torch from Carrie, in some way,

24. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Quit being rude. I don't care if Carrie IS **** or if she's ****, upside-down, left, **** and ****.

Show some class.

VMeran likes this.
  25. Jemik_Prenn

Jemik_Prenn Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2014
    he is referring that he has been with them on and off screen...that is what he means by "both"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.