main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014
    Helicopter parents are universal.

2. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    I've just discovered there is a poster in the Daisy thread calling himself jimjamjim, and supposedly he knows Jason. He was posting back in September that there is going to be a lightsaber duel with Driver, Boyega, and Ridley in a forest with snow, and that Driver will carry a red lightsaber with a "cross light on the handle."

Impressive, most impressive.

Better yet, he also says that "100%" Daisy is playing the daughter of Han and Leia.So my confidence that she is indeed their daughter just went from 95% to 99%. :)

As for the rest, the storyline is still fuzzy and I'm not completely convinced the desert planet is Tatooine after all. From the reflections in the trailer, there only looks to be one sun on this planet.Someone suggested it could be Corellia. I like that idea.

I feel certain that "Kira" will know who her parents are. Though it's possible she'll be hiding under a secret identity, pretending to be a street rat orphan, so JJ can reveal her true identity as a Solo in Act II. JJ loves to do that kind of thing...a little too much IMO.

3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Links/quotes, if you please [face_peace]

4. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/daisy-ridley-in-episode-vii.50019976/page-216#post-51831344

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/daisy-ridley-in-episode-vii.50019976/page-216#post-51831448

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/daisy-ridley-in-episode-vii.50019976/page-217#post-51831565

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/daisy-ridley-in-episode-vii.50019976/page-217#post-51831592

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/daisy-ridley-in-episode-vii.50019976/page-217#post-51831601

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/daisy-ridley-in-episode-vii.50019976/page-217#post-51831609

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/daisy-ridley-in-episode-vii.50019976/page-217#post-51831615

Hope that works. Those were the posts I was talking about. The last link is where he mentions "Light saber was a standard one but with a cross light like on the handle for Drivers." (Again, this was back in September.) The top one is where he says of Daisy "She's the daughter 100%:" beneath a discussion of whether or not Daisy was playing Han and Leia's daughter.

5. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Ha ha, I'll take your word for it, as I'm trying to stay as spoiler-free as possible while at the same time having some participation in discussions here (it's fun, I can't help it!). But I'm definitely pleased to hear this person say she's "100%" a Solo. As for the rest? Don't wanna know! :p

6. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Have you been away Leias_Left_Bun? If so, welcome back to the boards. :)

Interesting what you say about Maybe-Tattooine; I've had a hunch for a while that we might see Corellia in this movie. We know already that Han says to Chewie: "We're finally home", or words to that effect. ;)

I would certainly agree that there is way more to Kira than meets the eye. We're not even beginning to get the full picture here methinks.

Have you read comments elsewhere on the net that suggests Han and Leia have an uncomfortable reunion?

starocean90 and Leias_Left_Bun like this.
  7. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    The problem with revealing her identity in Act II is that most people will automatically assume her to be Leia and Han's daughter. So when the reveal come, they would just think: Oh, look, I am right.

8. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    On your first question, yeah, I took a long break from the boards. Thank you for remembering me and for the welcome back. :)

On the desert planet...I saw a discussion, sorry can't remember where, that pointed out only one sun is reflected in the images from the trailer. So that makes me think Not-tooine. I would LOVE to see Corellia somewhere in the ST. Don't want to get my hopes up, as Corellia isn't supposed to be a desert planet, but heck it's a big planet so there could be a desert somewhere, right?

It's so hard to sift through all the rumors, especially all the stuff from places like IMDB and 4chan. For example, I don't give any credence to SpoilerMan/Bro...at least not yet. But there was one poster on IMDB who seemed to know something, who has since deleted his account, and he suggested Han and Leia would be apart in the new film. And the more I thought about it, the more it FELT true to me. Unfortunately. I really, really don't want to believe Han and Leia will be separated, but I think it makes sense for the reasons I have listed upthread. If I am wrong about this, I will be thrilled to eat crow. :D

Yanksfan

I hear ya! Really I just want to know 1) who the main new characters are, and if any of them are related to the OT characters, 2) get an idea of where Luke, Han, and Leia are at in their lives 30 years after ROTJ, and 3) if our favorite couple got married and had any children, and if they are still together. That list is not necessarily in the order of importance ;) After that, I don't want to know too much about the story.

soul8luos

Yes, I agree. It's unnecessary to hide her identity for some supposed big surprise in Act II,. But JJ loves that kind of thing.

9. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Yeah I'd like to know more about the characters too. It'll come... I'm less concerned about knowing the story though that's not to say I don't appreciate a few little plot nuggets...

Single biome planets have always struck me as being a little odd; I'd surmise that it's entirely possible that Corellia could have multiple biomes, though I don't think our desert planet/region is Corellia but at this stage who knows?

The fundamental problem with most leaks is that we really have no idea which are kosher. There's a few on here that have proven their mettle, but by and large it's hard not to be highly sceptical of Spoilerman and Wonderboy or whatever they call themselves.:p

DarthSyverus likes this.
  10. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Yup, and yup. The only way to find out which rumor-mongers are kosher is to wait and see if the rumors stand the test of time. I think time has been pretty kind to Mizzlewump, for example. And I'm impressed that jimjamjim predicted the villain's red lightsaber with the "cross light" on the handle a full month before the first spoiler image was released. So when I see he also predicted that "100%" Daisy is Han and Leia's daughter, that gives me a nice warm, fuzzy feeling.

But for most of these so-called insider spoilers, it's like searching for a few nuggets of gold in a sea of Bantha poodoo.

starocean90 and CairnsTony like this.
  11. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    That just about sums it up! :p

12. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Why? Because she looks like she could be the daughter of Han/Leia? People might assume that Isaac is the son, since he will be visibly affiliated with the Alliance. She will look like she lives simply on a desert planet and that might throw people off. I know it's "fooled" regular posters here who are convinced she's not a Solo based on the concept art and speculated backstory.

13. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Carrie will be on Late Night with Craig Ferguson tonight at 12:30 AM eastern Time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
  15. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Here's a little snippet of the interview in case you guys missed it. No news really just kidding around as always.

16. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014

Uhhhhhhh... What?

DarthSyverus likes this.
  17. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    well at least she was funny, I know this is off topic but, earlier on the Letterman show I found Joaquin Phoenix To be quite entertaining as well, did any one see that interview ?

18. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Ha! She sits like I do--even when I'm at work! I love it!

19. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I just saw the ones with Harrison Ford! Ha!

20. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Lol Wish I saw the whole thing.

21. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Yes it is Carrie Fisher on a talkshow so what?

22. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes Carrie fisher on a talk show recently after Episode VII completed filming. That's what! I just thought maybe some of you might wanna see it.

Here's the whole show. Skip ahead to the 18 minute mark for the start of the interview.

23. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014

I was referring to her odd behavior. And she thinks she was miscast this time around? That does not fill me with confidence in her role in TFA.

24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think its no secret that she was uncomfortable in the OT shooting a gun even if it was a blaster, she said she didn't like guns full stop. I'm hoping her miscast could be referring to a possible lightsaber duel, I could see Carrie being uncomfortable with sword fighting at least at first.

25. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    I thought it was more of a joke, implying there was literally no one else they could have cast for the role. Like carrie said, she is Leia and Leia is her. They're so connected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.