main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    While I find the Leia/Vader (Anakin) dynamic a fascinating one, I just don't see how a scene like that would make sense in this movie. If it was taking place sooner after ROTJ, then sure. But now? It raises a lot of questions. Like "why didn't Anakin try to communicate with her sooner?"

Carrie1138, Jcuk, jaqen and 2 others like this.
  2. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree. I think at this =point the only way to bring something like that in would be through dialogue describing something that happened decades in the past.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Salt Lake Comic Con's FanX event

For a Star Wars nerd like myself, the biggest news comes in the form of an appearance by Princess Leia herself, Carrie Fisher. Not only is she the star of the classic Star Wars movies, but she spent much of 2014 in London, reprising that role for December's Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Having met Fisher before, I can say with confidence that she's unpredictable. Having her in the building means that anything can (and will) happen.
    http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/fanx-2015/Content?oid=2689399

nightangel likes this.
  4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

I wonder what this means for the movie, so she is the big baddie, since noone predicted this. [face_devil]

starocean90 likes this.
  5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it's kinda weird that most as well as herself state that she spent a huge portion of time in 2014 filming VII, and yet except for the meeting Leia at Alliance base and Leia trying to destroy the superweapon there are no other Leia rumors (and like Luke no concept supposedly seen).;)

nightangel likes this.
  6. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Not true though. We had rumors of her having nightmares about Vader........( but I guess in the those nightmares it'd be her daughter playing her..but still) also visions...( I could be wrong bout that one)

7. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    I always find quotes like this hilarious. Like someone anticipates her pulling the fire alarm, or something. What exactly do they think Carrie is going to do?!

starocean90 likes this.
  8. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Because most of the rumors are likely absolute nonsense. Even the characters who have a lot of rumors likely have very, very little real info known about them.

Yanksfan and starocean90 like this.
  9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I know but my point is that given her filming schedule, it's interesting that there are barely any rumors for Leia.

nightangel likes this.
  10. yogacat

Jul 6, 2014
    I wonder if part of it is that the big sites who seem to have the inside scoop, aren't actually bothering to ask about Leia, either because they aren't as interested in her role, of they've prematurely wrote her off as not being as important to the overall story arc.

I've said this before, but the thing that is keeping me excited is from 'Now This is Podcasting', where Jason (who has been pretty bang on in the spoilers department, and described a ton of the leaked concept art before it actually leaked) quoted his insider source as saying, "there is a huge twist with Leia's character. Everything is not as it seems there." When another host asked if that meant she was a Jedi, he said, "he wasn't sure, he absolutely wouldn't say anything beyond that it's a huge twist vital to the plot."

coxie0520, Yanksfan and starocean90 like this.
  11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    interesting, it's first I heard of there being a twist to Leia, I just hope it isn't something like she's a villain or the lines become blurred and her actions are questionable.

nightangel likes this.
  12. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

But this would bring us back to Lucas original ideas for 7-9. He once said that Leia/Luke would fight to death in the end. So who knows...[face_dunno]

starocean90 likes this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    he did???
    do you have a link.

14. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

[​IMG]

15. yogacat

Jul 6, 2014
    AHHHH this sounds devastating. And I feel like this would actually be difficult to watch, because it would be tough emotionally on Mark and Carrie to play their characters against each others, they've got such a sweet, natural friendship both on and off screen.[/quote][/quote]

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  16. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

I cannot tell you exactly where that was, but it was around the late 80's or early 90's when he was asked about sequels. He went like that and that he only had a few ideas/outlines/notes what happens to Luke/Leia in 7-9. And that they would fight to death at the end with both dying. No mention of any offspring there. But since Lucas is not in the lead now, it was probably changed or even Lucas changed these quite extreme ideas himself. So maybe this fight is now for the next generation.

starocean90 likes this.
  17. yogacat

Jul 6, 2014
    We've heard the rumours of concept art that depicts Han standing between Kylo (Solo son) and Luke. Wonder if they swapped the roles to a Luke/Han showdown instead of a Luke/Leia in the scenario somehow. Or Leia appears later on in that scene, lightsaber in hand. Hmmm.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  18. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

Hmmm, when you think about it logically, who could go against such a powerful Luke, a force newbie like Driver/Ren, or Leia who should have more force abilities. Also when you think about some rumours of Leia having nightmares about Vader, do you remember someone else who also had nightmares and how this ended?... :rolleyes:

yogacat and starocean90 like this.
  19. yogacat

Jul 6, 2014
    That, and psychologically who is the most likely to rattle Luke, or snap him out of whatever it is that is affecting him? Who knows him best? Who can identify with him, in regards to who his parents are, and the adopted parents he lost? His life of fighting wars for the greater good, losing friends and maybe committing some not to noble acts to win the war along the way? Who knows his strengths and weaknesses? Who can anticipate him better using the force than his twin who also has the force? It's not necessarily about skill, she might not be anywhere near his skill as a warrior, but its about who Leia is to Luke. Who is most likely to be able to tap into their force connection to track him down (she has in the past!)

And perhaps her willingness to sacrifice herself for her child, or even to redeem Luke, will remind him what he is really supposed to be doing. Snap him out of it and remind him of who he used to be. Like Luke's willingness to sacrifice himself to save his father, once upon a time.

Yanksfan, nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    better than the speculation of Rey being a Solo and the cyborg that embraced her (familiarity) being a female, put 2+2 that female would be....:rolleyes:

@yogacat
    the current rumor is that it's one of the new heroes that snaps Luke out of it, with speculation of it being Rey.

nightangel likes this.
  21. yogacat

Jul 6, 2014
    This is a way better scenario to me, than the speculation of some posters saying Rey is Luke's kid (Luke, I am your daughter) but Luke doesn't know.

"Hey, I'm Leia and Han's kid. That's why I seem familiar to you! I'm your niece!" is more palpable to me.

22. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Luke Skywalker

jaqen and starocean90 like this.
  23. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I forgot about that "secret plot twist" rumor regarding Leia. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Again, the "Dark Side tendencies" theory would break my little fangirl heart, but it would certainly explain a lot. Like, why Han and Rey may be hiding out together on Desert Planet, the lack of real Leia rumors so far, and it would mesh with those (horribly unpleasant) breakup rumors. But I don't know. While I see how that would have great dramatic storytelling potential, I'm not sure I could get behind wrecking her character like that. *sniff*

But you never know, maybe the "twist" is actually a nice one. Perhaps we're initially re-introduced to Leia as a run-of-the-mill (but effective) political figure, only to find out later that there's more to her than meets the eye. That she actually possesses all kinds of Force abilities and skills. Whether it's because Luke gave her some training before he took off, or because she's been quietly training herself off and on for years. Who knows.

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  24. yogacat

Jul 6, 2014
    Luke was able to communicate with Obi-Wan after his death? Maybe Leia is tapping into the force and someone has been assisting her training, seeing as it seems Luke totally dropped the ball on that one. So Luke knows her potential, but no *living* person knows her true ability.

25. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

Maybe someone else (dark sider/Uber) is seducing her to the dark side without her realizing it, because Luke is out of the game and cannot help her.Maybe he can help her in Act 3. ;)

starocean90 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.