main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Student came up to me today. She heard I was a big STAR WARS fan. She showed me a pic on her iPhone of her talking with Carrie Fisher at the Indianapolis Comicon signing a piece of the student's art work. She said she was gracious and funny and insisted on sprinkling everyone with glitter.:)

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    seems to fit those pics I posted of Carrie.[face_laugh]

3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, just saw them. I'm not absolutely certain, but I'm pretty sure that Con was this past weekend and she had been. It was cool because she was so excited to share it with me. It's great to see middle school aged kids that love STAR WARS. Old School.

4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    yeah the con was from March 13-15 2015 and Fisher was there.:)

I'm actually one unlikely guy, at one time Carrie came to my city at a con, was too busy with exams so I couldn't go even though I wanted to get a chance to meet her.[face_blush][face_love]

and on other years I missed chances to meet Shatner and Patrick Stewart.[face_shame_on_you][face_worried]:oops:

5. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    What about twin sis?[face_dunno]

6. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Unlucky you mean? Don't worry, I missed Ralph Fiennes AND Christopher Lee... in my hometown... in a single year.

7. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    I'
    I've met Chris Lee twice...he also phoned a place that I worked at once, and I answered. I thought that it was someone doing an impression of him at first, which was somewhat embarrassing!

starocean90 likes this.
  8. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

I totally agree :)

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    don't care for Ralph Fiennes.[face_not_talking]

nightangel likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The EU didn't do that. Sure, there were a few years of peace, but is that unnatural? One war settles down, another starts up a few years later. People forget the EU had the Yuuzhan Vong War, Jacen Solo staring the Second Galactic Civil War, etc. It's not like once Palpatine died everything was hunky-dory forever except for a few border skirmishes. There were still some legit wars.

That said, I do wonder what the Aftermath blurb meant when it suggested a new government rising up in power in place of the Empire. It seems at odds with the ideas we've gotten from you and MSW that the Empire is still the dominant power in the galaxy. If there's a new government set up in Aftermath, is it already toppled by TFA, and the Empire and Rebellion returned? That seems a bit odd to me. But we don't have the whole story, of course; time will tell, as I have said many times over the past few days.

Claire1976 and Iron_lord like this.
  11. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014
    When I think of the Empire's "state" after 30 years, I don't necessarily think it is exactly the same thing. It is Son of Empire or what have you. Kind of like Russia today isn't the USSR, but it isn't Switzerland, if you know what I mean.

12. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Given her ability to hear Luke through telepathy in ESB, before she received any Jedi training or even had an inkling to her true parentage, it would seem obvious to give Leia in TFA the ability to speak with others from long distances using her mind—particularly Luke or another jedi—perhaps moving objects or Force pushing someone if she's under attack.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Friday
    1:30 PM - 2:30 PM - Date With The Princess: Carrie Fisher
    Fresh from the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Carrie Fisher talks about her life in the entertainment industry, her history in the Star Wars saga, and just about everything else that comes to mind.

nightangel likes this.
  14. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

I've mentioned before but I'd love for Leia to be more Vader inspired in her use of the Force...I don't mean going around choking people, just in that he'd use it minimumly but when she does it's for maximum effect.

15. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    sorry about double post, just realised my grammar is all over the shot and can't edit, I meant he not she in the last post.

16. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

If Han dies in Episode VII, I bet it will go to a Shot of Leia with a look of dread on her face, as she senses his death through the Force. :(

17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  18. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    [​IMG]

I love her.

Yanksfan, TheBBP, Bob Octa and 5 others like this.
  19. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I think that's very likely. And according to MSW, the moments immediately before Han's death are as follows:
    • They watch as Han Solo confronts Kylo Ren.
    • When Kylo and Han meet, it cuts to Leia who feels “a disturbance in the Force” so to speak.
    • Kylo Ren silences the conversation with Han Solo forever.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  20. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    Happy birthday to Carrie's mom, Debbie Reynolds.

21. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Has anything else about Leia been rumored recently? I know that the rumor is that she's the Queen, is with C3PO, has some negotiations going on etc. etc. She must have some big role in this picture if we don't know much more (even with Luke, nothing much has been rumored comparatively about him either).

22. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

totally agree. deafening silence... what's Leia doing? LOOK, HAN DIES! seriously, did Leia become a Jedi? LOOK, THE FALCON GETS SHOT DOWN!

darthmomm likes this.
  23. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Hope Leia is important to the ST in a big way.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  24. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Or if her foster father is Uber.

25. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Is that Carrie putting make up on Jenna Louise Coleman?! :) :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.