main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    I would like to see Leia be strong in the Force and be able to use a lightsaber (back when Carrie was attending the London Academy of Dramatic Arts, she took fencing as an elective and apparently was very good at it), but not necessarily a full-time warrior.

agentkrycek, Yanksfan and Darth_Pevra like this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    A Jedi healer would be an appropriate role for her.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Really? Leia never did anything that remotely has anything to do with healing her entire life.

I would like to see the force used for healing wounds. But why would Leia of all people become a healer?

4. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I think there's a better chance of Leia staying in politics and succumbing to the Dark Side then there is of her becoming a healer.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  5. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I'd prefer a Leia who, while strong in the force, is not a Jedi. There is a difference between having strong force potential and being specifically part of the order of the Jedi. I just like the idea that Leia continued on heavily in the galactic political arena, and never took a dedicated Jedi path. But she has considerable training and can manifest that, if need be. I think the audience would get a real kick out of being led to believe Leia isn't as strong as her brother, and yet in a pivotal moment throws down with some incredible Anakin-like force pushing/blocking or object throwing. I think a moment like that, with Leia revealing the full strength of her power by wielding the force strongly without a saber, could be a real goosebump experience.

6. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Obviously as a woman there aren't many other things she can do. Maybe she could take over Yoda's role of training the younglings only without all the facing off against Sith Lords and such. :rolleyes:

7. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Exactly. Outside of maybe using the force to dust, cook, and change diapers at the same time, I don't see what good can come from a force sensitive female.

8. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014

:p

T-R- and Darth_Articulate like this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    YOU ARE SO SEXIST! I'M TELLING ON YOU

T-R- and Darth_Articulate like this.
  10. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I expect Leia will probably {shocker} have served the Alliance/Republic in some fashion and will be an excellent ambassador for the Alliance/New Republic. As resolving disputes is one of the forte's of the Jedi, I think she is perfect in this regard. Of course I also expect that she's undergone some sort of Jedi combat training as well, but she doesn't need to use those skills very much.

11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    It would be interesting to see Leia / Carrie Fisher hander a light saber..

agentkrycek and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  12. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

And for some reason, even as a big Leia fan, I don't find that appealing. Never have. I guess I'm just too married to the image of Leia with a nice, reliable blaster by her side.

For me, seeing Leia in saber combat has about as much appeal as seeing Han in the same arena. They've always just been blaster people to me, through and through. Outside of the bikini-that-God-built, my most enduring images of Ms. Organa are her grabbing the carbine in the corridors of the Death Star to save their asses, shooting at Boba Fett in a last ditch effort to save her man, and her own "I know" moment right before saving their asses once again.

13. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    If they do show Leia with a lightsaber, I suspect it'll be one of those, "You know, Luke, you've been trying to teach me how to use a lightsaber for twenty years now and it's not taking. Do you think I could go back to running the Galaxy now?"

jaqen likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Leia has a lightsaber middle finger.

15. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
  16. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    See?? That could be kinda cool!

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    She looks like a Sister of Mercy. She can be a nun in the new Jedi Temple who raps unruly Padawans on their knuckles with a lightsaber for talking during class.

T-R-, Darth_Articulate and jaqen like this.
  18. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

What is a Jedi healer? Is this an EU added class?

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    During the prequel days one of the things I wanted most was to see Yoda with a lightsaber at least one time and I got it a couple of times so I was happy. I have the same wish for seeing Leia with one. Please, JJ, please. :p

agentkrycek likes this.
  20. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

That was me, back as a kid/pre-teen in the 90s when I really got into Star Wars.

I longed to see Yoda with a saber, and while most people seemed so eager to see Anakin vs Obi Wan in the then just-dreamed-about PT, my dream duel was Yoda vs The Emperor.

So yeah, George Lucas was good to my inner child.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Leia wielding a lightsaber always seemed to EU-ish to me...if that makes any sense. I'd much prefer seeing her in a more diplomatic role, only using the Force here and there and perhaps using Jedi mind tricks on petty thugs. It would be cool to also see her unleash some crazy powerful Force powers alongside Luke in a pinch...I really hope this actually happens.

jaqen likes this.
  22. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    The image just popped into my head of Leia repeating the scene from ANH on the Falcon where Luke is training against the remote and Han cracking up as the remote zaps Leia on the behind.

Claire1976 and Yanksfan like this.
  23. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Bugs! Bugs! Take them away, take them away!!! [face_nail_biting]

I'm kinda undecided about Leia as a Jedi. On one hand it would be silly not to give her at least a little Force training after that conversation between her and Luke on Endor.

On the other hand, I'm trying to imagine Carrie Fisher with a lightsaber... [face_dunno]Force powers like mind tricks and telekinesis are one thing, (plus I can see the actress getting countless mileage out of using it as a gag in interviews), lightsabers are something else.

That being said, if they could pull it off, it would be awesome. :cool:

24. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

And man, have you ever noticed what an *incredible* shot she is? If you actually pay attention, she gets a lot of hits when she's firing that blaster. I kinda geek out every time she fires and hits that bad guy on top of the Imperial walker in ROTJ. I think she might even be a better shot than Han (sorry, Han!)

25. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012

I read that in Han's voice.

JainaSoloYJK and Yanksfan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.