Official Info Carrie Fisher, in Episode seven

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

1. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 4
    A Jedi healer would be an appropriate role for her.
    JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  2. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    Really? Leia never did anything that remotely has anything to do with healing her entire life.

I would like to see the force used for healing wounds. But why would Leia of all people become a healer?
  3. plaidphoenix Force Ghost

star 4
    I think there's a better chance of Leia staying in politics and succumbing to the Dark Side then there is of her becoming a healer.
    Darth_Pevra likes this.
  4. jaqen Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd prefer a Leia who, while strong in the force, is not a Jedi. There is a difference between having strong force potential and being specifically part of the order of the Jedi. I just like the idea that Leia continued on heavily in the galactic political arena, and never took a dedicated Jedi path. But she has considerable training and can manifest that, if need be. I think the audience would get a real kick out of being led to believe Leia isn't as strong as her brother, and yet in a pivotal moment throws down with some incredible Anakin-like force pushing/blocking or object throwing. I think a moment like that, with Leia revealing the full strength of her power by wielding the force strongly without a saber, could be a real goosebump experience.
  5. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    Obviously as a woman there aren't many other things she can do. Maybe she could take over Yoda's role of training the younglings only without all the facing off against Sith Lords and such. :rolleyes:
  6. Darth_Articulate Force Ghost

star 4
    Exactly. Outside of maybe using the force to dust, cook, and change diapers at the same time, I don't see what good can come from a force sensitive female.
  7. Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Grand Master

star 2

:p
    T-R- and Darth_Articulate like this.
  8. I Are The Internets Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    YOU ARE SO SEXIST! I'M TELLING ON YOU
    T-R- and Darth_Articulate like this.
  9. Jobertus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I expect Leia will probably {shocker} have served the Alliance/Republic in some fashion and will be an excellent ambassador for the Alliance/New Republic. As resolving disputes is one of the forte's of the Jedi, I think she is perfect in this regard. Of course I also expect that she's undergone some sort of Jedi combat training as well, but she doesn't need to use those skills very much.
  10. Bazinga'd SWC/PT/ Spinoff Manager -Destroyer of Spam

Manager
    star 5
    It would be interesting to see Leia / Carrie Fisher hander a light saber..
    agentkrycek and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. jaqen Force Ghost

star 4

And for some reason, even as a big Leia fan, I don't find that appealing. Never have. I guess I'm just too married to the image of Leia with a nice, reliable blaster by her side.

For me, seeing Leia in saber combat has about as much appeal as seeing Han in the same arena. They've always just been blaster people to me, through and through. Outside of the bikini-that-God-built, my most enduring images of Ms. Organa are her grabbing the carbine in the corridors of the Death Star to save their asses, shooting at Boba Fett in a last ditch effort to save her man, and her own "I know" moment right before saving their asses once again.
    Last edited by jaqen, Mar 11, 2014
  12. plaidphoenix Force Ghost

star 4
    If they do show Leia with a lightsaber, I suspect it'll be one of those, "You know, Luke, you've been trying to teach me how to use a lightsaber for twenty years now and it's not taking. Do you think I could go back to running the Galaxy now?"
    jaqen likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Leia has a lightsaber middle finger.
  14. jaqen Force Ghost

star 4
  15. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    See?? That could be kinda cool!
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    She looks like a Sister of Mercy. She can be a nun in the new Jedi Temple who raps unruly Padawans on their knuckles with a lightsaber for talking during class.
    T-R-, Darth_Articulate and jaqen like this.
  17. jaqen Force Ghost

star 4

What is a Jedi healer? Is this an EU added class?
  18. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    During the prequel days one of the things I wanted most was to see Yoda with a lightsaber at least one time and I got it a couple of times so I was happy. I have the same wish for seeing Leia with one. Please, JJ, please. :p
    agentkrycek likes this.
  19. jaqen Force Ghost

star 4

That was me, back as a kid/pre-teen in the 90s when I really got into Star Wars.

I longed to see Yoda with a saber, and while most people seemed so eager to see Anakin vs Obi Wan in the then just-dreamed-about PT, my dream duel was Yoda vs The Emperor.

So yeah, George Lucas was good to my inner child.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Leia wielding a lightsaber always seemed to EU-ish to me...if that makes any sense. I'd much prefer seeing her in a more diplomatic role, only using the Force here and there and perhaps using Jedi mind tricks on petty thugs. It would be cool to also see her unleash some crazy powerful Force powers alongside Luke in a pinch...I really hope this actually happens.
    jaqen likes this.
  21. plaidphoenix Force Ghost

star 4
    The image just popped into my head of Leia repeating the scene from ANH on the Falcon where Luke is training against the remote and Han cracking up as the remote zaps Leia on the behind.
    Claire1976 and Yanksfan like this.
  22. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Bugs! Bugs! Take them away, take them away!!! [face_nail_biting]

I'm kinda undecided about Leia as a Jedi. On one hand it would be silly not to give her at least a little Force training after that conversation between her and Luke on Endor.

On the other hand, I'm trying to imagine Carrie Fisher with a lightsaber... [face_dunno]Force powers like mind tricks and telekinesis are one thing, (plus I can see the actress getting countless mileage out of using it as a gag in interviews), lightsabers are something else.

That being said, if they could pull it off, it would be awesome. :cool:
  23. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5

And man, have you ever noticed what an *incredible* shot she is? If you actually pay attention, she gets a lot of hits when she's firing that blaster. I kinda geek out every time she fires and hits that bad guy on top of the Imperial walker in ROTJ. I think she might even be a better shot than Han (sorry, Han!)
  24. Palpatine2016 Force Ghost

star 3

I read that in Han's voice.
    JainaSoloYJK and Yanksfan like this.
  25. Gemma Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yes, I adore her 'I know' moment with Han - I thought it was a fitting turn around.

Also I was very thankful that Princess Leia was a lot better shot than Camille was in the Blue Brothers.
    jaqen and JainaSoloYJK like this.