Official Info Carrie Fisher, in Episode seven

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Six Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I don't understand all the comments abou Carrie... I think she's aged pretty well. Better than Mark IMO, but it's nice to see both of them getting in shape. Mark is going to make a great Jedi master with his mature appearance(just needs the beard), and Carrie will be instantly recognizable as Leia. Harrison on the other hand has been physically ready for the role since RotJ
    maychild likes this.
  2. solo77 Force Ghost

star 5
    Although she sounds like a man these days...
  3. TigerCraneFist Chosen One

star 4
  4. jaqen Force Ghost

star 3
    Fisher is going to look great as Leia. She's lost an incredible amount of weight; just look how small she is even under bulky sweaters and layers. Once she's in well constructed costumes, hair, movie make up, good lighting, etc, I think many people are going to be surprised at how great Leia is going to look in the new film. I'm especially eager to see updated Leia next to Han.

Although she sounds pretty much how she's sounded since the early 80s...

maychild and DARTH_BELO like this.
  5. Bazinga'd SWC/PT/ Spinoff Manager -Destroyer of Spam

Manager
    star 5
    Again, Stay away from commentary involving her physical appearance, mental state, or now her voice. Focus on the fact that we are likely going to be honored with her appearing in the ST.
  6. jaqen Force Ghost

star 3
    I know it's almost a given, but I do hope they keep Leia's super long hair and ornate dos.

Just still super excited that we even get to have this conversation about Carrie Fisher (and Mark and Harrison) being extremely likely to star in a new Star Wars film come NEXT year. What a gift!
  7. plaidphoenix Force Ghost

star 4
    Agreed. I just wish there was official confirmation one way or another so all the wondering can be put to rest for good.
  8. maychild Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Here's some commission art made by an online friend: older Han and Leia, based on a photograph of Harrison and Carrie at at 2002 event honoring George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.

[IMG]
    markdeez, Gemma, leiamoody and 3 others like this.
  9. Darth Punk Force Ghost

star 4
  10. JediGirl_Angelina Force Ghost

star 3
  11. Darth Punk Force Ghost

star 4
    The whole secrecy thing around filming is going to pay dividends when we get our first glimpse of Leia in full splendour. All these pictures of her doing the shopping will only serve to create a bigger contrast.
    Yanksfan and TKT like this.
  12. hachijedi Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I really don't get the obsession with Carrie's looks. This is 30 years later. Was she hot in the OT? Yes beyond belief but just like I'm no longer a 3 year old watching ROTJ, I'm 34 and look way different now than then. We change as we age. Yes that doesn't mean we can't be healthy but I think Carrie, Mark and Harrison all look great for their ages and people need to stop with the ageism obsession as one day if we are lucky we will all grow older. Plus Star Wars is rich with older characters throughout the saga.
    Last edited by hachijedi, Apr 19, 2014
    Gemma, Pensivia, KED12345 and 5 others like this.
  13. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    All this did is make me realise that 2002 was 12 freaking years ago.
  14. Darth Punk Force Ghost

star 4
    Bigger nappies too
  15. Bazinga'd SWC/PT/ Spinoff Manager -Destroyer of Spam

Manager
    star 5

Your friend may want to post in the Fan Art Forum on these boards.
  16. Gallandro Chosen One

star 4
    My biggest problem with Fisher is not her looks... it her voice. Her voice has drastically changed over the years to this shrill, nasally, whiny accent that's pretty grating:

Can she recapture this sound:

I don't know.

Yancy
    Last edited by Gallandro, Apr 19, 2014
  17. jaqen Force Ghost

star 3
    Carrie Fisher is an actor.
    Actors modify their voices for roles all the time.
    Fisher has always pitched her voice higher for Leia.
    This is a non-issue.
    Next.
    Gemma likes this.
  18. Gallandro Chosen One

star 4
    No, not quite. Watch the two examples above. Interviews from 83 and 13. In 83, her voice is deep, but soft (kind of Lauren Bacall, Kathleen Turnerish)... that's not her voice today; it's a much higher register and harsh. Years of smoking and alcohol abuse will do that to you. Also she has this weird thing going on with enunciation and sounds where she uses her palate to form words, almost like she wears dentures.

She'll need to work with a vocal coach to find that Leia voice again.

Yancy
    Last edited by Gallandro, Apr 19, 2014
    DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  19. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    If Carrie Fisher's voice has changed over the years why wouldn't Leia Organa's as well? She ages just like any other organic lifeform.
    Gemma, Pensivia, FRAGWAGON and 8 others like this.
  20. Fleab88 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Didn't this thread just get chewed out for delving on the complaints of her looks and voice? So many pessimists.
  21. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    It's funny, because watching that first clip I'm not even thinking of her voice (which is fine, as far as I can tell), but rather "huh. I really wanna hang out with her!" :)
    Last edited by Yanksfan, Apr 19, 2014
  22. jaqen Force Ghost

star 3

Who in the world would expect a 50 something woman to sound like she did in her 20s?

And no, Leia never sounded like Carrie. Carrie has modified her voice for various roles throughout the years, and I imagine she'll do so for Leia once again. To suggest that she needs a vocal coach to "find" Leia's voice again, as if it were some huge challenge, is absurd. She ain't playing Margret Thatcher or Gollum. Leia isn't a tough voice.

Will Leia sound like she did in the OT? No, hell Leia in Jedi doesn't sound like Leia in Empire. But Carrie Fisher, once again, is a professional actor. She knows how to adapt her voice for a 50 something Leia, and I think it'll require far less work than you imagine.
  23. jaqen Force Ghost

star 3

Because Carrie, being the only major girl in the original all boy fantasy trilogy, is always punished for changing.

Harrison Ford's voice has changed since the 70s, but I don't think I've ever once seen anybody question whether he could get his Han voice back.
  24. Bazinga'd SWC/PT/ Spinoff Manager -Destroyer of Spam

Manager
    star 5

Heck Mark's facial appearance was drastically altered after ANH.
    Yanksfan and jaqen like this.
  25. Darth Punk Force Ghost

star 4
    You crazy organic lifeforms