main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Sorry I couldn't edit my last post.

YES - you have to wait at least a week when stripping or changing your hair color from one color to the next - unless you want your hair to turn GREEN --- Trust me -- I know this for a fact --- I saw it happen to my sister from a professional salon who should have known better. She had dark brown hair that they bleached to blonde and then she went back the next day to try and change it yet to another color and it became Green. Also not waiting a week in between changing colors can damage and break your hair off also.

Dewback and jaqen like this.
  2. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Well considering all this, sounds like the most plausible explanation so far.

Gemma and plaidphoenix like this.
  3. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

OK, so that is interesting. I don't know much about changing hair colour, but if they were dying her hair to match her OT colour, or there abouts, would they still have to do all that? I mean it's not a million miles away from the colour she already had. For some reason I was under the impression that you only have the in-between phase when you are changing it to a drastically different colour. I'm probably wrong though, so any people in the know, feel free to correct me on that :p

Oh and FWIW, on IMDB Leia has had the "Solo" removed from her name, she is now just "Leia", I hope that isn't a bad sign!! [face_nail_biting]

4. Carrie1138

Carrie1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2014

I had my hair dyed back from bleached blonde to my natural dark brown once, and I had it stripped and dyed on the same day. So ... yeah, I dunno.

I wouldn't think there's any significance to the name change on IMDB, none of that is official anyway. Leia could still be married to Han even if her name was Leia Organa, in any case.

jaqen and Claire1976 like this.
  5. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Didn't the Jaina Solo debacle teach us anything? :p I wouldn't worry about or trust IMDB at all in regards to Ep. VII. It's a popular movie already so it's going to attract a lot of people's editing attention on that site. I'm sure whoever put her down as Leia Solo originally had no idea what they were talking about anyways. Probably just going off the EU!

Are you trying to tell us something here???

If Leia were to die, I do think it would be the most shocking of the original trio. It's easy enough to see Luke as the Obi-Wan who dies, and I'm already preparing myself for Han's death. But Leia dying really would be unexpected and heartbreaking. I wouldn't want her to be fridged, of course. If it was a sacrifice where she died saving her kids or something, that would be more understandable. Of course she would do that. But I don't want her to be killed just as a way to torment or motivate Daisy (or whoever). It would have to be a character moment for Leia too, and not just making her like Shmi.

Yanksfan and Claire1976 like this.
  6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I won't deny that is a possibility of what could happen. But I have to say that (apart from the family estrangement idea–which could be interesting), I honestly hope that none of the rest of that is true. Just my personal preference I suppose.

One of the things I've been so looking forward to over these last many years, is the saga to make good on the "promise" that Leia will learn the ways of the force and become a Jedi like her brother and father. I would consider it a great disappointment and missed opportunity if Leia hadn't studied to be a Jedi at all – or at least after if after 30 years she still has only just barely scratched the surface of her powers and potential.

Of course, I wouldn't mind if she were in politics while also having a knowledge of the ways of the force – and has powers that she perhaps rarely uses (which then we would see her finally use them sometime in episode VII), but I really hope we don't find out that she hasn't received any training at all in the force. I know I would walk out of the theater very disappointed if that were the case.

Seeing Leia as a Jedi is one of the biggest things I'm hoping for episode VII!

Leia in a lightsaber duel... That is all I have to say. ;)

7. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Carrie would have to have major say on whether Leia gets offed or not.

I don't think she would want that. So I'm going with 'no' to Leia dying.

8. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Hey we all have our own thoughts as to how we've envisioned Leia to have evolved and how she'll be in the ST. For me, I just think that despite Luke's 'you have that power too' speech, Leia's urges would've leaned heavily toward raising a family with Han. Having children and starting a family is a seriously heavy commitment which requires a total devotion to. I just think that she has her own priorities with Han and perceives the Jedi stuff as being her brothers 'thing'. She really didn't show any interest as far as I'm concerned when Luke revealed she had the force aswell. Just that somehow she'd always felt there was a deeper connection between them. If the story had picked up 1-2 years after ROTJ then maybe that character arc could've been believably pulled off. But something tells me we won't be seeing Leia the Jedi in Episode VII. But of course, you never say never.

Claire1976 likes this.
  9. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I like the idea of a Leia that has developed her Force ability to a certain extent, but isn't a full fledged Jedi. I do think it seems so much more Leia Organa to have focused on other matters more important to her life goals.

But I absolutely do not want the Leia, one of THE shining stalwarts of strong women in cinema, to have basically devoted her entire existence since ROTJ to Han and their rugrats. Of course I see Leia being an incredible mother and wife, but not to the extent that she'd give up her career, or even potential Jedi, aspirations just to focus heavily on a family with Han Solo.

VMeran and Yanksfan like this.
  10. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Say Han and Leia do have two kids in Episode VII, but they're not twins. The older one becomes obsessed with the iconography of Vader and turns bad, outcasting him from the family. He joins up with other Sith loyalists, and in order to protect the younger sister they hide her on Tatooine when she is young.

11. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    He had no problem axing any of the characters, actually. No one was indispensable -- not even Luke.

Immortiss likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Ah so he was George RR Martin before it was cool?

VMeran likes this.
  13. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

I agree with this 100%. Thank you, jaqen, from sparing me from having to go off on some feminist rant in response to that post (no offense, Jcuk. I'm sure at the end of the day you're a pretty cool person). But yes, what jaqen said.

Okay, actually? That's a really interesting idea. But then, wouldn't Han have to be hiding out with them, too? Do we really want to take two iconic characters and basically turn them into Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru? That seems like it would *such* a waste of backstory potential for both Leia *and* Han.

14. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Another rumor over at Making Star Wars, this time that Leia and Han are divorced/separated. I really really want this one to be false!! I would be so upset if that were true.

15. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Oh crap, please no!! This is the one thing, above all else, I hope they don't do.

16. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000

=((

But hey, they were wrong yesterday, maybe they'll be wrong about this…..*crosses fingers*

17. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I'm glad I'll at least have a support group with you guys if it turns out to be true. But seriously, they wouldn't do that, would they? =((

Revanfan1, Yanksfan and Claire1976 like this.
  18. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    These rumors are getting more and more stupid with each day....

Revanfan1, Yanksfan and Claire1976 like this.
  19. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    I'd really hope not. Did they not learn ANYTHING at Lucasfilm from the fangirl rage when they estranged them during the NJO? Remember all the letters they were bombarded with?

Gemma, maychild and Yanksfan like this.
  20. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    It's not really a rumor from MSW, but just an anonymous poster on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/user/ur22294901/

21. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000

Yup. There was a campaign thread right on these boards devoted to saving their marriage. It worked!

Of course, we wouldn't be able to anything this time around. Especially if Han dies.

Oh, jeez. This is just going to a darker, and darker place….maybe we should start that support group now. Who'd like to share first?

Darth_Zidious ---where was the rumor? I didn't see it there.

22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    If anyone would like to read it themselves:
    http://cinetropolis.net/star-wars-splinter-of-the-minds-eye-story-conference/
    He had a plan for Luke and Vader. Han wasn't considered for the story because Harrison Ford hadn't signed on for a sequel like Hamill and Fisher had.
    LUCAS: Well, another thing we could do is to go one step beyond the simple and move into the love story plot, where you have them kind of vying for each other. She is a spry little snappy kind of girl and he’s sort of liking her, and in the process of the movie, they fall in love and have a wonderful relationship and in the end she gets killed. it’s one of those tweaked ideas, but it’s one of those things that works. What I wanted to when we were shooting the other movie is have the princess run off with the Wookiee. But it sounds perverted.
    LIPPINCOTT: I think that somebody else has got to be killed.
    LUCAS: I wouldn’t mind killing her off.

Darth_Zidious likes this.
  23. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Adi_Gallia_9, Claire1976 and Yanksfan like this.
  24. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Relax. It will be tough to deal with yes, but this is drama, Star Wars needs drama, and that means conflict. It is not unrealistic that a relationship will meet some problems after 30 years, and we might be witnessing it now, for maximum dynamic conflict in the script. And if so, it would be pretty sweet if they were to find back to each other again, maybe later in the trilogy? This could actually mean that Fisher, Hamill and Ford do have more than enough to deal with, and it might activate much more screentime for them, not being just supporting characters who comes along for the ride, or just waiting in line, while others take action. For Leia: This could open up for an even more interesting relationship with her brother, with Luke, whom she might turn to in a situation like this. And Han Solo might want to experience one last adventure ( not talking about a new woman), and then taking a big risk in doing so. And maybe he dies, sure, but love returns at that moment, its heartbreak all around, and we will never forget them :) Of course. I do sense some Game of Thrones melodrama elements here, but still, i think its going to be Star Wars, with the balanced tone of melodrama and action, to give us the right emotional feel.

jaqen likes this.
  25. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    This is the same guy though that the new Stormtrooper "info" has originated from, by the sound of it, and that seems to be picking up steam all over the Internet and has everybody excited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.