main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

About as much as we've heard about anybody else in this film so far.

2. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I must have missed a lot then.

And I'm not talking about official confirmation, I'm just talking about rumors.

jaqen likes this.
  3. ksb36

ksb36 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2014
    She is so clearly in awe of him. A HUGE crush.

J_Girl and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Ah, ok. I was talking official confirmation. I don't follow the rumors so I wouldn't really know what's been dropped about everyone else.

5. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    There hasn't been too much honestly. One set of rumors from back in March has her as the leader of the Republic following the death of her predecessor. That set of rumors was from before the cast was even announced but had a lot of details that seemingly have been confirmed since (one of the leads is a stormtrooper, the Empire is still around, Luke missing). So there could be some credibility to it.

Another set of rumors had her a queen with Han as an admiral, but I don't put much stock in that. The only other rumors I think are the ones about her and Han being separated and Daisy being their kid.

ifleninwasawizard and Claire1976 like this.
  6. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

Is that from the Holiday Special? Carrie looks stoned out of her mind there.

7. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

It is, and she was.

J_Girl, Zer0, Revanfan1 and 6 others like this.
  8. ksb36

ksb36 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2014
    Lol. It looks like good old fashioned lust to me.

Zer0, TheBBP, CairnsTony and 3 others like this.
  9. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    [/quote]

[/quote]

This has the most interesting potential to me, personally. You could potentially have Leia (the government), Han (the military) and Luke (the Jedi) as the head or high ranking members of 3 distinct bodies with different goals and ambitions, who should theoretically work together but obviously have a history of not doing so.

If Leia's relationship to Luke is out in the open, they may put pressure on her within the government to get the Jedi to collaborate, and Luke may not want to. We know in real-life heads of military don't always get along with heads of state.

Yanksfan likes this.
  10. Cramdaline

Cramdaline Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2014
    Is there any truth to the rumor that Leia is going to sing again, in this film?

11. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Where on earth did you hear that?

12. Cramdaline

Jun 29, 2014
    Some person with an alias named Supershadow.

He used to be friends with George Lucas.

Apparently, he's now friends with J.J. Abrams.

13. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm VERY curious as to how much Mark and Carrie have shot at this point. Because I just saw new pics of Mark and he, like Carrie, has continued to slim down noticeably even after filming began.

It seems rather odd if Luke and Leia are wildly fluctuating in weight throughout the film so this really does make me wonder about the shooting schedule for the big 3...

Gemma, VMeran and Palpatine2016 like this.
  14. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

I really do think there's a strong possibility that the Big 3 do share a lot of scenes together, and since Harrison has been unable to film, they've been unable to film as well. So the bulk of their stuff will probably have to be shot when Han gets back.

Or maybe I'm just really *hoping* that's the case….

15. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
  16. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    I know this event was a while ago, but I had not seen this picture. Perfect Leia face. Perfect Leia attitude. I'm getting all sort of Empire Strikes Back feels from this one, for some reason.

Alternately..."I don't know who you are or where you came from, but from now on you'll do as I tell you, okay?"

Man, the hair really is noticeably lighter now than it was in this shot. I have to think Carrie would be wearing a wig. Unless Leia for some bizarre reason switches hair colour in the movie. Or they dyed it lighter, and then will dye it darker to match if they put extensions in?

[​IMG]

And sorry if this has already been posted, but its news to me. Before filming started, Carrie had also taped an episode of a show called, 'Legit' that ended up not airing because it got cancelled. But she looks freaking gorgeous. The article was published in late April of this year. This shot is apparently from January 2014. Her makeup and the lighting are stunning. I think thats my favourite of her recent hair shades.

[​IMG]

17. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000

Hmm…I don't like the talk about "cameo-sized roles" though. I understand all the "passing the torch" stuff, but I got really excited over the hype saying that they would at least get a chance to shine in *this* movie. :(

VMeran likes this.
  18. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    We honestly don't know how big a role any of these characters play. All we know is, 2 young characters go on a quest with Han Solo. I highly doubt Leia role would be limited to a cameo. In fact, the rumors were the script was rewritten to make the original 3 roles bigger. I know you're aware of all this so I don't understand why you're panicking.

jaqen likes this.
  19. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    The entire production is shutting down for two weeks, not just the original stars...
    Also theyve been shooting for weeks now without Harrison.

20. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Ha ha ha, I hardly think I was "panicking." More like….musing over an unpleasant possibility.

Gemma likes this.
  21. Cramdaline

Jun 29, 2014

Surely Carrie was wired to allow this retinue ... have these supplements been built into her Episode VII contract?

22. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

The writer is speculating. There are no quotes or even a source's pontifications given. No different than us on this board speculating. So that "cameo" talk is irrelvant to me.

Considering what we do know, though, it definitely doesn't look like any of the big 3 are in short cameos. Cameo actors don't commit to six month shoots, aren't given heads up years in advance, and certainly aren't contractually obligated to shift major weight just for a couple seconds of screen time.

VMeran, Gemma and Yanksfan like this.
  23. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Carrie Fisher's episode "Licked" did air back in April. It's streaming on both Youtube and Amazon for a couple bucks. I saw clips from it. Carrie's character isn't really presented in an attractive light, indeed she's written, styled, and acted as if the idea of sleeping with that character is repulsive. So I'd say the look from this shot isn't all that representative of the actual episode.

24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    she still looks good.

25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    yogacat, that is a great screen shot of Carrie, i could easily believe she was 10 years younger.

jaqen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.