main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    Those are cool. I think that's a good Episode VII look for her too.

DL44Jo, Gemma, Lee_ and 2 others like this.
  2. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Carrie's going to be on Australian TV tomorrow morning (i presume by satellite...i don't think she's here)

i'll keep an eye out for videos

Echo-07 likes this.
  3. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I hope Leia is trained and has a lot kick-ass Force abilities. But it doesn't have to be her main focus, in life. I do hope she's still very much involved in politics or whatever "the cause" of the moment might be. And yes, her and Han need to still be together! What's the fun in them, if they can't be a team and bust each other's balls from time to time?

DL44Jo, Barbecue17 and agentkrycek like this.
  4. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    I see her as a warrior, just don't get between her and her cubs or you will die.

agentkrycek likes this.
  5. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002

well that was a false alarm....it was just a replay of her interview from last year....lol...

just for reference here's a screenshot and a quote

[​IMG]

when asked if she'd be in the new movies all she said was
    "I'm not allowed to say anything about that" then a pause "which says everything about that in and of itself doesn't it?" with a smile on her face

6. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I saw that interview and really enjoyed it.

It never ceases to amaze me the differences professional hair, make up, and good lighting make. The screen caps I have are from Craig Ferguson in 2012, and she looks 10-15 years younger in that appearance than she did just a year later on Australia TV. But then Carrie Fisher doesn't often seem to get really done up.

7. Jake Lannister

Jake Lannister Jedi Padawan

Nov 2, 2013
    Exclusives First Look: Carrie Fisher Visits Legit and Big Bang
    [​IMG]
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Carrie-Fisher-Legit-Big-Bang-Theory-1076365.aspx

jaqen, Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Nice.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So this is what the third... fourth... fifth... time she's confirmed she's returning? At this point does anyone really need Disney to make the big announcement? It's soooo obvious. :p But the thing that really sticks out for me in this article is that she says they're to report to work in March or April. This at least narrows down the start date for filming to sometime between those two months!

Gemma, T-R- and Mystery Roach like this.
  10. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Harrison is filming some romantic drama in March... But I just read on Twitter that JJ has confirmed Episode VII starts filmin in May. Should give Harrison time to wrap his scenes on that other film and fly to London :p

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I just saw that too! March and April could then be when they're supposed to report for training. We're really entering the exciting part now. :D

12. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    which lines up with the 2 month training Ewan and Hayden had prior to filming. Interesting.

TKT and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Oh Carrie....when will you stop confirming the obvious. The OT3 returning is like Hollywood's worst kept secret. :p

14. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Oh dear God, could she have had more Botox jammed in her face... Looks like Joan Rivers, or worse... Nancy Pelosi

[​IMG]

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I don't care.

16. SnaggletoothPaste

SnaggletoothPaste Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    Cool, please share more of your insightful ageist and sexist commentary with us. It's such a fresh viewpoint. [face_tired]

17. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Because there's no need for it... she looked fine without the aid of that crap. So apparently commenting that someone looked great without the aid of Botox is now sexist and ageist... cool, thanks for the memo.

Yancy

18. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm not worried about "age", I'm just worried about style and costuming. Will she have age appropriate, yet really "princess Liea" type outfits? I know they can't be the same as she was when she was 20, but I don't want her looking like the Queen of England either. I think it will definitely be a challenge.

Lastly what I'm most worried about is her acting. I'm not worried about For or Hamill, but Fisher scares me. She sometimes seems "out of it".

19. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    The botox is no biggie, it's more the collagen injections in her lips. Looks...unusual. Hope they settle down by the time of shooting. I don't want to think that there's cosmetic surgery in a GFFA.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    How else are characters going to disguise themselves when the situation calls for a long-term disguise?

21. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Ugnaught mask

TKT likes this.
  22. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    When does she really NEED to be really done up to look beautiful? Even in ANH, her makeup generally consisted of your basic pancake and a little lip gloss, and that's it. There may have also been a little eye makeup, but I've seen the film times beyond count and I can't really see anything obvious, other than her eyelashes. And all the current pics I've seen of her here just reiterate the point that making her up for the role should still be simple; at most, they may have to slightly increase the amount of pancake on her, but really, that's about it.

I thought they said Darth Sidious WASN'T going to be in this movie... [face_sick]

23. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Exactly, Carrie is plenty attractive at 57 without the ridiculous need to try to make her appear younger through ample amount of botox.

Heck I find Judi Dench to be one of the most attractive women on the planet:

[​IMG]

And Helen Mirren still makes me swoon at 68:

[​IMG]

BTW, would someone please cast Helen in some role in the ST??? Please???

Yancy

24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    [face_thinking]

You know, considering all of the exposure and attention Carrie Fisher has had lately, with all of the episode VII anticipation, makes me wonder if Leia may end up having one of the main roles this time-even bigger than Han and Luke. (especially when considering Mark and Harrison have remained completely in the background through all of this.)

I tell you one thing: i'm sure it's just wishful thinking, but I would be perfectly fine with that!!

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  25. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    F.Y.I. her makeup was pancake, dark pink lipgloss (the shade is pretty consistent through the three films), pink eyeshadow (brown tones in ESB and RotJ), mascara, a bit of eyeliner and some blush in the OT. The pink eyeshadow is an ANH thing, though. Her recently smoky red carpet eye makeup would be a good look for her now, as it makes her eyes look bigger. Slave Leia seems to have been when she wore the most eye makeup in the OT.

I'm more worried about the hair on Harrison and Mark. Harrison runs the risk of just looking like Harrison if he doesn't grow out his hair to its '70s length preferably with the slight sideburns (which is what differentiates Han from Indy and Han from Harrison). If you look at the early costume pictures of Harrison trying on the Han costume while he still has short hair, it really doesn't look in-character at all (and yet they still use those pics on merchandise and... DVD covers). Mark's hair should probably go a bit retro, too, so he looks like Luke rather than himself. This is key, IMO. Something akin to Harrison's ANH cut seems the most achievable with the current spiky cut with slight sideburn he's got in the recent pap shots. It needs a few more inches, though.

With Carrie, they're surely going to pile a ton of hairpieces on her, but the guys will have to probably use their own hair. I'd really prefer aping '70s haircuts à la RotS for everyone in this case. It just looked wrong to have the Star Wars universe full of '90s-'00s haircuts. These three in particular need to look like their characters rather than just the actors as themselves.

Since Harrison is filming that movie while Mark and Carrie are training, it makes sense really, though, since Harrison really doesn't need the workout (he looks like he already has been working out in those pap shots, actually). And Harrison's role is more of a pilot/gunslinger anyway.

Forgive the paparazzi nature of the photos: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ive-Brentwood-150-000-Jaguar-convertible.html

SnaggletoothPaste likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.