main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    The latest item I have seen of Carrie's are the interviews she did with Craig Ferguson in either Nov or Dec 2013. She's wearing black and she looks very good. Those interviews are on youtube.

2. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    [​IMG]

Lookin' good and good lookin'.

Gemma likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I really hope no fat people whatsoever are in SW, or I'll storm out of the theater and eat 34 steaks at home.

JoshieHewls and dolphin like this.
  4. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Well, there goes any hope of you enjoying Porkins, Jr.

Fastback and jaqen like this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    They've probably put both Mark and Carrie on Atkins or whatever else is the current fad diet in Hollywood. While they do look good I hope it doesn't come at the price of their health.

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Probably that HCG hormonal stuff. Sheds the weight fast(but can put it back on even faster when not on it). It's an incredibly strict diet.

7. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I doubt they are doing any crash dieting, those are for us little people. I am sure they have top-shelf dieticians and personal trainers that give them specific and ideal instructions on intake and burning of calories that makes it easier for them. It wouldn't be unhealthy unless they yo yo up and down in weight in between the movies; if they maintain their weight, it will do nothing but benefit them (of course, that is a big "if").

Krueger and Six like this.
  8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    No, they are not just for little people. Do you think that when stars immediately shed their extra weight after getting a baby this is achieved by anything but a crash diet? There's a reason hollywood is notorious for crazy diets like the paleo diet for example.

I don't know anything about that, a fact I'm going to change right now.

Edit:
    Wow, 500 calories per day. That's really crazy.

9. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    There are all kinds of weird stuff that neurotic stars do, including weird diets and bulimia. But that is very different than what they are doing. You don't shed the amount of weight those 2 were carrying around on a crash diet, the crash would be them hitting the ground from a heart attack eventually. What they are doing requires a relatively long period. Fisher actually talked about Disney hiring top notch trainers for her. If you see them in pics, they aren't losing huge amounts of weight fast; personal trainers don't have you do that unless they are total hacks, which I'm sure they wouldn't hire for them.

dolphin, Darth_Pevra and Six like this.
  10. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Mark has been working out for at least 6 months now according to Robert Englund so it definitely seems like they're doing it slow and steady. Disney could have just got them liposuction or something if they wanted them to lose the weight instantly but they're doing it the hard but better way it seems.

Lee_ likes this.
  11. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Six -- Just a question about your post. I was looking up Robert Englund --- and either it's a spelling error or maybe you mean a different name -- Robert Englund is the actor who played Freddy Krueger. I was thinking Robert Edlund --- but couldn't find info on him either. Please know I am not picking on you --- I just want you to help my memory out --- it's not what it used to be. Were you referring to who might be Ep#7's swordmaster and if yes --- who is it? I read that Nick Gillard (PT Swordmaster) was not even being considered and well Bob Anderson (OT Swordmaster passed away in 2012 - I believe at 89).

12. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    yes, Freddy Krueger, apparently he and Mark Hamill are friends
    http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/56108/star-wars-mark-hamills-weight-loss-photo/

J_Girl and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  13. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Six -- Thank you for the quick response and the info. I am glad to hear that Mark is hitting the gym --- I honestly wished he had started getting the weight off sooner. I don't doubt that he will do fine and get to a great looking weight --- he loves his fans. I have had the honor of meeting him back in March 1983 (and he was my first kiss ever --he kissed me while we were waiting for my flash to revive on my old FLipFlash 110 Kodac and I was shocked that he kissed me - but did enjoy it and after I found my voice - I told him that my friends will never believe me that we kissed -- so he turned and asked my Father (the camera man) May I kiss her again, Sir? I nearly died thinking well this is weird he asked permission for the second kiss -- but the first one just happened --- I looked up at him -waiting on the flash for a second picture of just us to ensure we got the first picture and he just kissed me.

If you read my post on page 5 of this thread -- I talk about my weightloss and Carrie's.

The first time I ever saw Mark heavish -- was in The Night the Lights Went out in Georgia --- I think he gained like 35 pounds for the roll --- but it was in between filming Empire and Jedi and he knew he would drop the weight when he trained for Jedi. But anyone out there knows it's a lot easier to put it on then get rid of it and keep it off. It's a lifestyle change and usually a - what you allow to pass your lips. I gave up junk food and I have not had any in like almost 3 years and when I try to eat a small bag of any kind of junk food now --- I get sick -- my body will literally not take it and I now hate chips too.

Thanks for the info on the pic being from 2005 --- he did look a good weight in that pic and loved his hair length and color. Thank goodness for hair dyes -- they do do wonders for removing years from you; I know that personally. Someone on that pic said when they saw Mark in Germany last summer he weighed about 100 kilos - yikes -- that's like 220 lbs. Mark is only a few inches taller than my Dad and at 225 they look about the same size which is thick about the middle. Also in case no-one has ever said Mark's wife, MariLou is an excellent cook --- need I say more. She too is not the little bean pole she was back in Dec 17,1978 (Hey maybe this is good omen --- Ep #7 will almost come out on their Wedding Anniversary).

I'm not saying that any of these actors have to keep this weight off but it would really be better for their health if they tried. Carrie has one advantage and that's that she carries her weight all over and looks good almost at any weight. When I met her in 2002 -- she was heavy probably close to 165-170 -- but she was still shapely. Carrie's only one inch taller than me and basically we lost the same amount so far -- unless she loses more with the trainer which she might. I went from a size 16-18 -- down to a 8. Losing 7 inches off of my waist. It's a long haul though and you can never give up on it or you will gain it back. I still love candy bars and sweets -- I try to limit myself to bite size candy bars -- but I will not give up my sugar until it's a must. Sorry about being on the band wagon about weight, but this is a personal victory for me even though it was a health scare that motivated me into it. I am almost as small as I was in High School --- I'm a pack rat and I still have one pair of jeans from then and they almost fit. But friends were telling me not to lose anymore since that said I was starting to look gaunt in my face.

NileQT87, Mr. K and Six like this.
  14. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I also found out Carrie lost quite a bit of weight only a few years ago so I'm sure she won't have too hard of a time doing it again, especially with Episode VII on the line. Also, if you haven't seen what Mark looks like currently, heres a picture from last week.
    http://asset0.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim2/2014/01/23/markhamill.jpg
    He's definitely thinned down over the past few months.

15. Jake Lannister

Jake Lannister Jedi Padawan

Nov 2, 2013
    'Big Bang Theory' First Look: Carrie Fisher takes on James Earl Jones...with a bat! :)
    [​IMG]

16. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Oh I know Carrie can do it. She started shedding the weight this time around when Lucas sat down with the Big 3 in August of 2012 --- right before Lucas sold SW to Disney. He gave them a heads up so they could be deciding if they wanted in on Ep #7 or not --- plus I like the fact that Carrie lost her 50 pounds in like 10 months -- I lost my 50 over an 18 month period. I saw pics of Carrie from 2007 on this thread in which she even looked better than she does right now. I do commend her though she reminds me of me - with being bi-polar and I have a feeling we both have a love of food. But all of my life I never had the great pushing of incentive -- I would lose 10 -- put 15 back on -- yo-yo effect. But the moment my current jeans starting feel a little snug -- I jump on the scales for a check --- I only gained 1 pound over the Christmas holidays and now it's gone.

Basically I want them to look good but not at the cost of hurting their health in doing it. Thanks for that pics of Mark -- you can see it in his tummy area --- but you can surely see it in his face that he's dropped about I venture to say between 30 to 40 in the last 6 months and he's looking a lot more slender. My only worry is that he's doing it fast --- but maybe this will help him make the decision to keep it off. I know my heart, my knees appreciate my weightloss and I can walk faster without feeling out of breath up a hill now.

maychild likes this.
  17. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

I hate "Big Bang Theory" with a burning intensity, but dammit! I'm totally going to have to tune in for this episode, *shakes fist at sky* I blame you, Carrie!!

maychild and Juke Skywalker like this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    She looked great on the show tonight. Unfortunately, her part was just one short scene but my god was James Earl Jones hilarious! [face_laugh]

19. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    James Earl Jones has such a commanding, dignified presence, that it's easy to forget how good his comedic timing is. The recent Sprint commercial he did with Malcolm McDowell is hysterical.

20. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
  21. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
  22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  23. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Oh...my gosh. [face_laugh] Seeing that picture just sent me into fits of laughter. And the fact that James Earl Jones voiced Darth Vader makes it even better.

24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Yeah, she looked juuuuust fine in that BBT cameo. That it was the punchline to a running joke about through the episode about the state of her mental health is demonstrative of her sense of humor. And "Mr. Earl Jones" was hilarious!

BTW/off-topic, does anyone recall offhand who was the first celeb to appear on BBT as fictionalized versions of themselves? I recall an early episode with Summer Glau, but there was also Wil Wheaton and Katee Sackhoff around that time as well...

25. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    What kind of development do you think her character has gone through? Well, sadly, she over developed. :(

What kind of arc do you think she'll have in the ST? Probably a big Arc, one that can hold lots of animals Two by two.

How do you think Carrie fisher feels about returning to the role of Leia? Like Money, it's Payday!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.