main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    *bites lip* No. No. No. These rumors are already attempting to kill off Han before the end of Episode VII, and now they're trying to break up their marriage while they're at it? Have these rumors no *soul*? What are they trying to do to me here? Are they trying to sap me of all my Episode VII enthusiasm before the movie is even a year away?

Oh, cruel, cruel, Internet….how I hate you sometimes. =((

2. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

What if Leia dies instead of Han?

3. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Latino Review, Badassdigest and Making Star Wars have all said there are stormtroopers. So I assume that's why it is getting attention. The IMDB guy who says there are stormtroopers is actually a different guy. :) Here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/board/flat/231079936?d=231079936#231079936

I have difficulty believing there is marital strife between Han and Leia. So far I don't think any rumor website has independently posted that.

Immortiss, Yanksfan and Claire1976 like this.
  4. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Oh I'm so with you. Yeah, let's split up one of cinemas most iconic couples, and then we'll kill one of them off! If this is true then episode 7 sounds like an absolute nightmare for Han and Leia fans.

I try not to take too much notice of rumours, but this is a nasty one!

Yanksfan likes this.
  5. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I checked and it's actually two different people. So there's that at least.

I appreciate your level-headedness. I am quite incapable about being logical and objective about this, I have to admit.

Yanksfan and Claire1976 like this.
  6. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000

That might suck more. Because at least I'm mentally steeling myself for Han's death (as terrible as it will be--and it WILL be). But Leia? That would totally throw me off. Yikes.

And you're not helping my mental state, ManaByte. ;)

7. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    If this is true, I swear.... I never though I'd be in a world where I'd actually prefer The Courtship of Princess Leia to be canon... :p

Where's Eric from TFN to debunk this rumor??!?!

8. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Maybe someone said she was "maxi big with da Force" and it was misheard. :D

9. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    That's nothing compared to the slap in the face filmgoers got in the first three minutes or so of Alien 3. And THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. This is rumor, neither more nor less.

No matter what the rumor's about, one thing seems to have become a constant on this forum: people have developed a magnificent capacity for steeling themselves to believe that any rumor, no matter how outlandish, is fact, and then for preparing their own overblown and melodramatic rites of mourning - over things that haven't happened yet. I'll be the first to grant that the state of filmmaking of late doesn't exactly inspire confidence, but the end result is that people burn away precious hours of their one and only life worrying about phantasms. Until the possible becomes actual, it is only a distraction.

Gemma, RobShanti, T-R- and 4 others like this.
  10. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000

Shut up.

*kills self*

;)

T-R-, VMeran, Claire1976 and 2 others like this.
  11. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    That is absolutely ghastly. The only thing I'm really looking forward to with regards to Episode VII is to see the Big Three -- specifically, their interaction with each other, which is something the EU kept denying them. The separation crap in the NJO was bad enough; don't put it on the big screen too! I don't want to see Han and Leia as Ozzie and Harriet in outer space (I've read fanfics that go along that route and nearly got cavities from them), but divorced or separated? ARGH!

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Seriously. You summed it up better than I ever could. I just got home and read that rumor and...ugh. :(

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Divorced? If that turns out to be true, I'll–

:mad:

Gemma, Claire1976 and Yanksfan like this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I knew those Jimmy Kimmel skits were more than just jokes... Damn you, Chewie! :(

Immortiss, Jobertus, J_Girl and 4 others like this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You know... at this point I actually want one of their rumors to be true. None in particular, mind you...

16. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

This.

I don't hang around Star Wars forums. This is the most I ever have. I'm not going into this thing spoiled at all, so it's rather fascinating to sit back and watch the fandom get turned and tossed into a tizzy at every random, obviously false, rumor.

I'm going to have to head on over to the 7NSA section soon or give up TFN all together.

17. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Hmm….well, if we're not supposed to freak out and react over every little rumor, than how else should we spend the next 18 months before the movie comes out? Well, I could go outside, I suppose… ;)

You know what might be a good indication on the validity of this (probably false) rumor? Figuring out how much filming Carrie is doing in the next 8 weeks. If she's doing a lot, then maybe she doesn't have that many scenes with Harrison, which, you know…might be bad. Or maybe she'll just be kicking back in London while she waits for her costar to heal. Which might be good. Or either scenario might mean nothing. But still. Someone start stalking her and report back to this thread at regular intervals.

*picks up soda and takes a sip* I'll just sit here and wait for your reports….

18. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Well, people are getting worked up over Domhnall Gleeson's beard in the other thread, so absolutely everything even vaguely related to Ep. VII is getting analyzed to death, even the most spurious of rumors, like this one. Once we get real info, we'll all happily discuss that. But until then, everyone so badly wants info we'll latch onto whatever is out there. There isn't much else to discuss right now unfortunately. Hopefully we'll get something official soon that will make us all forget this unfortunate rumor. :)

19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Darn you Lando! Han should've never trusted you again! Maybe Daisy and John are related like the Rachel and Thomas characters :( Han and Leia divorced could be Lucas writing himself into the saga again

j/k likely completely false rumor

Revanfan1, Yanksfan and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  20. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Hey, George is happily married now! So that is what should be written in! ;)

T-R- likes this.
  21. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

One man's misfortune is another man's blessing. The lack of info has allowed me to really enjoy discussing VII with you guys. It's been fun, for the most part. But since I'm going into this thing as unspoiled as possible (I haven't even gone into the leaked set pics thread) it means I'll have to leave this section of TFN the minute relevant stuff starts to drop. Hopefully some of you guys that I've gotten use to posting with will make appearances over at 7NSA.

Yanksfan likes this.
  22. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    One of the highlights of ESB are the scenes between Carrie and Harrison. They had great chemistry.

I doubt that most of Leia's scenes will be without Han.

23. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000

jaqen--I agree! I hope JJ continues to keep a tight lid on things, because I enjoy speculating, but I definitely don't want to know actual plot details for this movie. I So, I plan on moving to the NSA eventually, too (I know, I keep saying that, but I really will one of these days!). Once legit stuff seems to start leaking, I'm out of here. I've waited far too long for a true SW sequel, I can wait a bit longer to see what happens if it makes the first viewing more special. :)

jaqen likes this.
  24. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    no little bird . theres no divorce in space.

Revanfan1, RobShanti and Yanksfan like this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    In space, no one can hear you come up with a logical divorce settlement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.