main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I don't find Carrie Fisher remotely incoherent. Never have.

darthmomm and yogacat like this.
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    she's awesome. she's gone through a hell of a lot.

KING_KENOBI, Dra---, Yanksfan and 4 others like this.
  3. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    not incoherent,full of self irony,her raunchy humour and witty sarcasm is hysterical funny..often flies over peoples head too wich makes it more so,she has been around the block a few times with the bipolar disorder and drugs,and as a veteran .. with my own demons ,issues and whatnot I just feel I can relate on some level..

sethg, iluvkoalas, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  4. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I agree. She's a gem. I love how uncomfortable she makes this Taylor guy feel. She excels at inspiring constructive discomfort in people!

5. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Love Carrie. At Celebration she asked me and my friend if we wanted our nails painted when we got her autograph. She then proceeded to paint our MIDDLE fingers with gold sparkly nail polish :D

She's awesome.

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Given the hints of her difficult path I've heard I'm simply thrilled Carrie's willing and able to come back to Star Wars again. Seriously, there are greater concerns than if she gives a good performance, folks.

iluvkoalas, Dra---, jaqen and 4 others like this.
  7. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

[face_laugh] That is great. Autographs and a sparkly way to show how you really feel. That's the Leia touch.

I guess saying you got the gold standard is a bit much? :p That made this trip to the forum, thanks for sharing.

8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  9. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013

Interesting, and gives me a smidgen of hope that they are still together :)

i was actually witness to her signing "Mrs. Solo" at Celebration. A guy a little way infront of me had his stormtrooper helmet signed by her and that is what she put on it.

10. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Maybe they're just split up but technically still married. Or maybe Carrie's just going with shorthand.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    that could be it or maybe they really are together the only reason why we think they are not together is because of Making and stuff like awkward reunion, for all we know it's because Han did something before he left to Jakku hence awkward.[face_devil]

there was also those older rumors saying that they weren't together though so it does seem possible and I think if they are only separated or married it could explain the Leia ring.[face_thinking]

12. jewlmc17

jewlmc17 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2013
    I can't see Carrie giving out signed merchandise that would end up being wrong.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Huh...interesting. I've seen another example of this on Facebook last night. It seems like she did this for quite a few people. I don't want to look too much into it, but I hope it bodes well for H/L fans.

On another note, I guess I wasn't lucky enough. She only signed my poster with "Leia". :p

14. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Even though I'm telling myself they are likely separated (you know, to soften the blow) I still think a scene called "awkward reunion" could refer to any number of things. That alone is not sufficient evidence that they are estranged. Maybe they haven't seen each other for a while due to their jobs and the awkwardness of the reunion could be something to do with Maz, the lightsaber, Finn (being a former stormtrooper) or maybe even Han telling Leia that their son is now a badass evil Sith Lord....because that's kinda awkward[face_worried]

15. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    If they are still together (and I'm not saying I think they are) that would suggest that Han is most likely on Resistance business all along.

iluvkoalas and Dra--- like this.
  16. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Who ever said they have to have a ring? Maybe that's not their custom. I don't think a ring or lack of ring proves anything. They were together at the end of ROTJ so I just naturally assume they're still together. They might not be, but I think they probably are.

17. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    I wouldn't read too much into the ring either. For a start its on her right hand, not left, and we have no idea what SW marriage customs entail.

iluvkoalas and Rabs like this.
  18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    kinda make sense but what I find weird is Maz being on the same planet as the base that Leia happens to be at.

19. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Especially when so many people come from so many different worlds. There must be thousands of different marriage customs in the GFFA. If not more.

iluvkoalas and Claire1976 like this.
  20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think it's likely that Han and Leia were married shortly after the events of ROTJ. But let's face it, these two don't have time to live a normal married life. And I personally don't want to see the new writers and new EU attempt to shoehorn them together just for that appearance of normality. The truth is that war separates people, and these two are both leaders in their own ways, and would be drawn off into various directions.

I'm no conservative, but I like the idea that TFA Leia is a kind of Thatcher-esque or even Hillary figure warning against the dangers of international (here intergalactic) threats. I think during the years between ROTJ and TFA, she may have split time as a military and political leader and warrior herself -- the new EU portrays her as an excellent fighter, as she should be given she's Anakin's daughter.

The thing about Leia is she's able to do more things than Han and Luke. She understands politics better and is a great speaker. So here's someone who should have a varied career. She sort of reminds me of a good version of Palpatine: a potential leader of the Republic who's also able to wield a lightsaber or plan a military attack.

Leia has so many important things to do, she'd be lucky to fit in some romance here and there, much less the time and energy necessary to devote to a successful marriage. So in my view, her and Han will try very hard to be together, but usually be drawn apart. That doesn't mean they'll ever stop trying though, and for me at least, that's relatable and affecting.

PS: Carrie is hilarious and super intelligent.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  21. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Unless Han and Leia helped Maz (as one of the survivors of the Academy massacre), brought her back to Yavin and that's where Maz set up shop.

Why Maz is on Yavin and Rey on Jakku IF Rey was at the massacre as well.....? No clue.

iluvkoalas and starocean90 like this.
  22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    if the rumors are true it seems like Rey doesn't known anyone (no memory) but at the same time her destiny is bringing her to Luke and to get to him, Maz seems to be the intermediary. Han brings them to Maz after seeing Luke saber so he seems to think she can lead them to his location and he seems oblivious to Rey and Leia seems possibly unaware of what they are doing at Maz. We still don't have the full connections to the characters to get the full picture.[face_thinking]

nightangel likes this.
  23. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm not really into the Rey has zero memory idea. That's more of a psychological horror trope.

This sort of story is all about making choices, so Rey would need to know her past to make relevant choices.

So probably she decides on her own to part ways with Luke and Maz and heads to this junk planet in order to hide from galactic events.

Then it isn't until she meets Finn that she feels the call to action.

Meanwhile, her father Han has possibly tracked her and has been keeping an eye on her.

24. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    This topic made me want to post again. I still won't be doing too much posting, but here's my thoughts.

Recently, I've come to the conclusion that Han and Leia are married, possibly separated physically sometimes or all the time due to some problems. However, I simply don't buy anymore that if Han has his tragedy that all these bad things, including a broken marriage/relationship, happened and then he dies. Plus, with some educating from the Han/Leia Fanfic site, I've come to understand that call sheets don't tell the context, dialogue, or plot of a story.

And with this autograph and other stories about Carrie signing her autograph as "Mrs. Solo," I don't believe that she's joking around anymore. I just hope that she doesn't get into any trouble. I myself don't really understand what the big deal is about revealing that Han and Leia are together or not. It's not really the main plot of the movie anyway.

Now, I'm going to play with my new Han and Leia dolls (see my new avatar). And yes, they came packaged together at the Hallmark store. Luke's doll comes with 3PO, Ben, and R2D2.

25. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Did you meet her at this convention? In any case, lucky you! Why won't she come up to PA?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.