main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I do. I get her posts. I really get her sense of humor.

Claire1976, Yanksfan, jaqen and 2 others like this.
  2. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    Me too. She's often just fooling around and going for laughs. Billie got a hold of her cellphone a few weeks back and there was a hilarious exchange between the two. She also posts a lot of insightful things, and is a very positive force and source of guidance for the many who also live with mental illnesses that reach out to them. I think she probably interacts more with her fans online than any other Star Wars personality.

3. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Billie probably has much of her mom's sense of humor.

4. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

Here is her last Tweet - my eyes are bleeding.

Or this one....is she trying to tweet as if she is Yoda?

[​IMG]
    Carrie Fisher (@carrieffisher)
    25/06/2015 5:27 pm
    Just back from my good, horse, common & non sense weekly group hug. Thought of you. I think. Will let me know. Love

iluvkoalas likes this.
  5. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    [​IMG]

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously though, Carrie just loves to play around with words and she's a little eccentric. Plus I think she has finally reached an age where she's not so concerned with what other people think of her. Once you learn her language, she's really very funny.

6. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014

Wait, do you seriously need this explained to you though? She's asking Republican politicians to state what they're FOR, instead of simply what they are against. What they will jntroduce, instead of what they will eliminate.

7. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Eccentric - that's what you call someone who is crazy (but rich) right?

I won't argue with that.

8. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Perhaps. From a certain point of view.

But from my point of view, an eccentric is a nonconformist who no longer gives a flying fig about what other people think.

As John Cleese once said, "I can do anything I want, I'm eccentric!"

Or in the words of one of my other fave celebrities:

[​IMG]

Master_Lok, iluvkoalas and Yanksfan like this.
  9. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Yeah, I totally get her tweets, too. Well, most of them. I think. If that makes me (or all of us) eccentric as well, then so be it. But I like what she has to say. We have similar politics and the same taste in pet names (another thing she tweeted about a few weeks ago) :D . Not to mention, every time she tweets about something SW-related I have to squee to myself. I look forward to reading what she has to say, her tweets are usually funny, or a cool play on words, or just a neat glimpse into her day. And they're almost *always* interesting.

She's probably one of the most fun people I follow. Stephen Colbert is a riot, too.

J_Girl, thejeditraitor, TK327 and 5 others like this.
  10. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Maybe it's just me, but that tweet makes perfect sense. I'm not American and yet can clearly see she's making a humourous political statement about the Republicants, I mean the Republicans, being 'for' something instead of against. It really is that simple IMHO. :)

11. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I hope to see Leia be a source of wisdom, humor and guidance to the new cast as well. Sound familiar? :p

Leias_Left_Bun and CairnsTony like this.
  12. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    CairnsTony

I agree that Carrie's tweet makes sense. But it's a little more work to understand than your average straightforward tweet. Like I said, Carrie clearly loves to play around with words. Since Carrie is a writer, that's logical.

13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes writers rarely take the straight route. No A to Z, it's more like C-U-X-B and that.

I agree about wanting Leia to serve as guidance, strength and humor to the new cast. It would be fun to hear a bit of Carrie come through this time.

14. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Oh, good not the only writer that jumps and bridges. :) Oh, I love the idea of the Originals being mentors to the new cast. However it doesn't mean it will reflect in the film though I hope it does. It'd be a bit like Alec and Peter for Mark in '76. :)

nightangel and Django Fett like this.
  15. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Anyone have any recent pictures of Carrie? I wonder if she's been able to get rid of the weight she packed on in intervening years.

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  17. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  18. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Nice idea, but shame it looks absolutely nothing like Leia.

19. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    haven't seen it discussed here (but I may have missed it) . Someone over on The Mary Sue comments section pointed out in regard to Leia's new outfit that her waistcoat seems very much the right length to conceal a lightsabre.

There's certainly nothing to suggest she uses one based on the rumours however it might be a fantastic little moment if she reveals it at the end when bidding Rey farewell.

CairnsTony and -LordSkywalker- like this.
  20. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    They may get winter clothes right?

21. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    It's an idealized portrait, much like the idealized portraits of the founding fathers. In that sense, I think it's nearly perfect.

22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The only time that Rey will have a chance to change clothes is on the Falcon to Maz's place. After that she is captured by Phasma and taken to the First Order base. Finn does not look as though he changes at the Resistance base as he is pictured in concept art with his original jacket and the lightsabre he gets from Leia. I'm assuming that both Finn and Rey duke it out with Kylo wearing the clothes we have seen them in.

23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    They both seem to have two basic outfits: Finn has his armor and then his Resistance outfit, and then Rey has the same outfit through the whole movie but for a few minor changes, possibly including a shawl she throws on after arriving at Maz's castle.

24. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Heads up - Don't know if she was kidding around but...

Carrie, being the open person she can be might not think so but Harrison didn''t like 'filming' Iove scenes ;) * Ford just might.

* Straight from the horses, right down to the wink she threw me when she said it.

25. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    ^^^Wait, what? I don't get it. But maybe I'm being denseā€¦.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.