main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Apparently the Luke thread has become the new Leia thread [face_laugh]

2. Apology Accepted

Apology Accepted Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2015
    Has there been any from-the-set reports about Carrie in TFA? I thought I read some other place that there was some erratic behavior and late arrivals from Carrie on the set of this movie, but I can't find where I read that now and I might have been confusing that with another older movie. I love Carrie/Leia and hope she does great, but I do have the tiniest bit of doubt. Let's face it--Carrie has been through a lot in real life. Will she be recognizable as Leia?? I certainly hope so! I hope she does great in this movie so she continues to have a substantial part in the next 2 movies as well.

3. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

Instantly recognisable as Leia here I would have said.

Only think we've heard about her from an even remotely credible source was Oscar saying 'Carrie is hilarious and doing such cool work.'

The rest is all just idle and predictable titter tatter.

Carrie has cameo'd in plenty of stuff and regularly (and recently) enough over the years for us to assume she's professional enough to have on set and deliver.

[​IMG]

4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Is that a giant afro back there?

Big Boss likes this.
  5. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    I'm guessing it's Crystal Clarke.
    [​IMG]

It was the enormous bright yellow robot(?) that got MY attention though

6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I wonder if that is Goos Towers' sidekick robot helper.

7. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    My guess is that the yellow thing is simply the work cart Goss Toowers drives around. See the possible Lego version of it below:

[​IMG]

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    They're both yellow. I'll give you that!
    Maybe it's a Naboo starfighter?

Just teasing!

9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I am very much looking forward to seeing Leia again. And very curious about her professional relationship with Poe.

10. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    ;)

To me, it seems that Goss is sitting behind the yellow thing, which makes me think it's his work vehicle. Perhaps it has a droid attached to the front, and the Lego version missed it/ is based on an earlier concept?

11. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    Why is there just a "Like" button and not "Luuuuuuuuuuurv"?

12. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I suggested in another thread that it may be more than that.

I said that Kes Dameron and Shara Bey (introduced in Shattered Empire) seem to be Poe's parents but that they are both killed in the line of duty when Poe is very young. As a result, Leia raises Poe as her own.

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ I can go either way with Leia raising Poe. I can certainly see she sponsoring him in the military etc., but I suspect you're probably right. (Not reading any of the New Canon but that would certainly make sense. )

14. Apology Accepted

Apology Accepted Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2015
    Good---I must have been confusing what I read with a different actor or the article was talking about something Carrie did years ago. I hope she blows us all away. I thought she was always at her strongest acting-wise when she was angry or passionate about something. It sounds like her role will be like that in the new movie since she seems to have taken the mantle of putting up a fight against the First Order. I guess I am not the 'typical' fan since my favorite characters aren't Luke or Han (although I do like them both) but Leia and 3PO!

I also agree that she looks great in that picture above.

Dak Oolron and jaqen like this.
  15. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    I would love to see Luke explaining his Rescue Han from Jabba plan to Leia. "We are going to have Lando go in disguised. Then have the droids go in and get held captive. Then you go in a give up Chewbacca and free Han."

"What about Chewie and the droids?"

"Don't worry, you're actually going to get caught too. Then I'm going to come in and negotiate."

"Luke, let's just put Lando in there and he can free Chewie while I free Han..."

"No, no... Then I'm going to get captured too..."

"Um, Luke... I think..."

"And then Jabba will put us all in a public lace where R2 will then fire my light saber..."

"How can you be sure that R2 will be able to be in the position to fire your..."

"... And I will catch it and fight the bad guys..."

"Wait. Where am I during all of this?"

" naturally chained to Jabba and not with us, but you can get out of that, right?"

"Um, I guess. But don't you think a more simple plan would be to..."

"... And then I'm totally going to blow stuff up!"

"Er, um, okay, I guess I can get free. Boy, Luke, I'm really glad you have the screenwriters on your side."

Big Boss, Revanfan1, rpvee and 5 others like this.
  16. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I hope Leia strangles someone in the ST. It was one of my favorite OT moments.

jaqen likes this.
  17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ =D=[face_laugh] It was fun to see Jabba get his.

Rabs likes this.
  18. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    [​IMG]

19. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't know, I think i'd have preferred her to have sliced up that fat slug with her own lightsaber [face_laugh]

20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

[face_rofl]

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  21. KnightStorm

KnightStorm Jedi Knight

Jul 31, 2014
    Daddy Vader would be proud!

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  22. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I was hoping for Reggie Watts. The yellow droid might be B-U4D (Buford).

thejeditraitor likes this.
  23. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    so yeah...

Leia weilding a lightsaber anytime during the prequels?

I know we've talked about it before but we keep clogging up the Luke thread with it so I figured I'd bring it home to Carrie's thread! Besides we keep getting off track in here with yellow robots, giant afros and Poe's parents.

So to summarise my own feelings on the matter...

To me Leia being Luke's sister was clearly made up pretty last minute during ROTJ as a quick way to resolve both Yoda's 'another' issue and the never quite properly done love triangle subplot. I actually think this is one of the reasons so many people don't really see her as a potential Jedi. It's just not how the character was sold to us for the majority of the OT.

That said, because the first SW movie I ever saw was Jedi when I was 7 the idea of Luke and Leia being siblings is just stuck there in my head along with him telling her that in time she would learn to use the force too and that if he didn't come back she was the only hope. All of that is actual canon and pretty major when you think about it. He's basically telling her it's her destiny. As such I don't think saying 'well she was more of a politician really' quite cuts it as an excuse for her not fully realising her force potential.

In short if she's not going to be a Jedi and presumably the first one he trained and at some pretty advanced stage by now then that really ought to be given proper explanation in TFA and not just end up as footnote in some interim novel.

My silly little fantasy is that the scene from the teaser of Maz handing her the lightsaber (regardless of who ends up with that particular weapon) is actually Leia being reminded of and accepting her destiny and hopefully she displays some level of force power at some point before she leave's the trilogy.

Basically I think George making Leia the 'other' was a mistake he made whilst desperate to sign off on the whole franchise and it's painted them into a bit of a corner with her but ultimately I think they should honour the character arc that that revelation in ROTJ started for her.

24. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    "Leia weilding a lightsaber anytime during the prequels?"

What the heck?

littlewaves likes this.
  25. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Here's the footage

[​IMG]

Thread Status: