main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Carrie's recent panel from Wizard World. It's one of the best, if not the best, panel she's done. HILARIOUS. She's in rare form. There are some fun little tidbits about TFA in here.

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

Still watching it. Wow, is she sharp. Consistently funny the whole time. Whatever your opinion of the ST so far, it has brought Carrie back to the spotlight, and that alone is worth it.

ETA: And that ending! How incredibly sweet of Carrie. She was not only her hilarious self in this appearance, she was also more inspiring than I've ever seen her. Especially as an advocate for people with mental disorders.

3. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    [Transferred my post to the Classic Trilogy forum.]

4. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    So when Han dies and Leia feels the disturbance in the Force - is she feeling Han's death, or Ben's complete fall to the Dark Side? Or both perhaps?

5. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    I would presume it's both. Given the traumatic nature of both incidents and her close relationship with each of them she probably got double-whammied. But she keeps on keeping on because she's Leia and that's what she does.

IamZam and TCF-1138 like this.
  6. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    I would say both. She would feel his death and the her son turned by killing his father. Even though she isn't a Jedi she is a force sensitive who would feel the presence of those closest to her, just not in a Lojack way. I thought she was great in the scene, that would be overwhelming grief that few of us could us imagine. But she will keep on the struggle and mourn privately while keeping a cool exterior because that is who she is. Any of us would snap, or at least I know I would have long before this point. Basically every one she ever loved has died, save Luke who is MIA. Loving a member of the Skywalker family is very bad for one's health.

It will be doubly hard for her know, as she is missing the only two people who have ever really seen the true her, and not just the cook exterior she shows the rest of the galaxy.

7. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    Your typo makes me visualize Leia showing up with a chef hat and a spatula.

Yeah, I agree it is supposed to be both. But was mainly used so Leia would be connected to Han's last moments. (Wow, I can't believe I live in a world where Han Solo is dead.)

The photo posted on the last page of her in the ceremonial blue dress... Is it photoshopped? Because of the hair (which that style was already digitally altered for the film.). Is it a fan made photo? Bizarre because of the earrings and the hair part are from the end of FA. I guess it could be anything since all her other film stills her hair had to go through the digital hairdresser.

IamZam likes this.
  8. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    I think Leia felt Han dying and Kylo's reaction to killing his father. I don't think Ben is completely lost to the Dark Side, the novelization says he felt weakened after killing Han, and, to me at least, Adam Driver was able to show this in the movie.

I believe there's still a possibility of redemption for him, through Leia's love for her son, and with the help of Luke and Rey. But I wait until I know how Leia feels about Ben. I want to know if she still thinks there's light in him.

Back to what Leia felt when Han died, I have no basis to speculate on that, but maybe she also felt the pain of a young woman strong in the Force - regardless of Rey's parentage. This would help explain their embrace later in the movie.

Lulu Mars and IamZam like this.
  9. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
  10. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
  11. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    This gif reminds me what a refreshingly understated job Carrie did as Leia in this film.

And that last gif reminds me of:

[​IMG]

12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Carrie in the original trilogy was absolutely stunning. Like an angel.

IamZam and jaqen like this.
  13. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    I found Carrie really hit and miss in TFA. There were moments of what felt like genuine emotion (her embrace of Han) and there were lines that were just cringeworthy (Snoke seduced our son to the dark side!).

Of course we know now that there was a big storyline originally in the film covering Leia's falling out with the senate over their inaction with regards to the First Order, and the meaner part of me wonders if it wasn't cut at least in part because of Carrie Fisher's performance. I'm not sure if it was even shot though, and without seeing the scenes it's all speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christopher Blair likes this.
  14. Scruffy nerf

Jul 11, 2015
    thanks, Matt -for the Leia, Chewie gifs. My favorite moment of the movie.

jaqen and MattOrgana like this.
  15. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens Character Portraits

Series by Sam Gilbey

[​IMG]

16. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    She looks mildly amused after the Chewie hug, which makes me think he said something like "Don't let him give you any ****, Princess." But that's just me.

GMGalenMarek and MattOrgana like this.
  17. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Princess Leia Portrait (comics style) | by @Vyllaart
    [​IMG]

IamZam and MattOrgana like this.
  18. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
  19. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    Beautiful!

Collin Tongue and jaqen like this.
  20. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    BTS footage from TFA. Does anyone know where I can find it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love this outfit. Leia looks so regal.

21. Scruffy nerf

Jul 11, 2015
    oh my god!!!

jaqen likes this.
  22. Scruffy nerf

Jul 11, 2015
    I love both of this clips.

Ford's is like "...and the you'll turn here and then turn there..." Ford is thinking, "yeah, whatever, stop talking."

Carrie's is like, "Sooooo is this going to be as nonsensical as that Lost thing?" Abram, "No.... Wait, what?!"

23. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
  24. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    Some scans from TFA comic book I found on Tumblr. I still not a fan of the artwork, but I like the way these scenes were drawn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

http://freetobegrace.tumblr.com/post/153135112037/rey-was-so-sad-for-leia-so-sorry-rey-looked-into

25. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.