main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MattOrgana, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016

OT.

But you bring up a point. Aside from the obvious emotional connections, could Maz fill in for stuff they had originally planned for Leia in IX?

2. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    God, I hope not.

11-4D and Darth Basin like this.
  3. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Kylo would look at Maz & say, "You're no mother!"

Snax Rebo likes this.
  4. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    [​IMG]
    :p

jaqen and Darth Basin like this.
  5. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    I think Luke is the character who'll most likely fill in for Leia in relation to Kylo. With Han and Leia dead, Luke would be the closest thing Ben Organa-Solo has to a parent.

Maybe Rey, if she's an Organa-Solo or a Skywalker.

Darth Basin and cerealbox like this.
  6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Thats what I meant by excluding the obvious emotional connections.

But I meant a substitute for everything else.

Darth Basin likes this.
  7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

WT actual....

Carrie looked AMAZING in TFA - a couple character lines surrounded her always beautiful eyes. She positively *sparkled* with wit and joy, and the world is a little darker without her.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body...but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate* in one hand - martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO~HOO - What a Ride!"

*In Carrie's case, a joint and bottle of Coke. ;)

Darth Basin, jaqen and KSennia like this.
  8. Korr Sella

Korr Sella Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 1, 2016
    I suppose the question is what would Leia's story be outside of Kylo - if it's Resistance related then Poe's role might be expanded to fill that void.

Darth Basin likes this.
  9. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    I suspect it had to do with her relationship with the New Republic, so Poe in that role wouldn't make much sense.

Darth Basin likes this.
  10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It's my personal impression. I loved Carrie as an actor and her funny way. However:

Yes, she looked good in TFA, but she looked somehow infirm on a lot of photos outside the set (twitter, etc)

Sorry, absolute stupid mistake from my side. I meant "health" not life. (IDK why I wrote "life")
    Drugs, alcohol, etc.

11. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Jocasta Nu might be insulted too!

12. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    It's time to move this discussion away from age and physical appearance and back to Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in Episode VIII.

13. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    So, being as Bob Iger has now seen a cut of Ep 8, I think we can assume that Leia's role wasn't changed much in light of Carrie's passing. If that's the case, I would hope that moving into Ep 9 we will see Leia addressed in the opening crawl as perhaps the leader of the Republic so her role can simply be off screen but present.

This would allow for whatever her active role in 9 may have been to be transferred to another character, like Rey or Luke, on her behalf.

14. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Or something changed during the writing of VIII and Leia's part in the story ended in this upcoming film before Carrie's passing.

From a purely story telling perspective that's the best possible outcome.

Darth Basin and Claire1976 like this.
  15. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    I suppose, but I think we can assume that Leia's was not to die in 8, originally. Word seemed to be that her role was heavier in 8 and more so in 9.

jaqen likes this.
  16. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    For those who follow Carrie's other work:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38904700

I know.

But at this point I'm taking all "word" with huge boulders of salt.

17. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Deadline claimed that Leia's role in VIII was larger than in TFA and The Hollywood Reporter claimed her role was to be even larger still in IX.

Trevorrow said he had a big role for Leia. Disney CEO & Chairman Bob Iger heard his pitch for what Episode IX was supposed to be back (at least by) September 2016 but obviously that would have to be altered in various ways. They had a $50,000,000 insurance claim on Carrie Fisher according to the Insurance Insider (some have said it's the largest ever to cover a personal protection claim - I have no idea).

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Something that I hope happens in TLJ:

So, I've been rewatching all 6 previous movies. I think they were able to hit on all of Han's greatest OT moments in TFA in some way.

When thinking of Leia in the OT, I think her "greatest hits" came from (1) Han, and (2) her interactions with Imperials.

With Imperials, Leia was always a take action, take charge, fiery warrior. And in ANH she was able to actually speak with Imperials too, like Vader and especially Tarkin, which led to some great moments. And I feel it would be great to see this side of Leia again, especially now with Han gone and Leia having witnessed another planetary destruction.

So how cool would it be if... the Resistance captures General Hux, and Leia gets to interrogate the young planet-destroying fascist fanatic Tarkin-wannabe? :D

19. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Im guessing that Leia was going to live through all 3 new films. I'm also guessing that she will simply be "somewhere" else during 9.

nightangel likes this.
  20. kcgeneral_leia

kcgeneral_leia Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2016
    I have been listening to Carrie's audiobooks recently as she voiced the reading of all of her books herself. This got me thinking. Would it be possible to use spliced bits of her readings to cobble together dialogue for IX? Assuming they could get around the legal aspects of this and they could find appropriate dialogue? Would it be technically possible from a movie-making standpoint? This potentially could enable the writers to have her "off screen" for the entire IX but still have a critical role in the movie.

Darth Basin and KSennia like this.
  21. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    And just have her offscreen the entire time while still speaking, like Dr Claw-style? I don't think so.

22. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

It's better than "nothing".

23. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    I think her waking up from the coma (if true) will be moved to the end of IX now.

24. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    That sounds interesting. That way they can do whatever they need to in the meantime and only worry about a short visualization of the character with plenty of time to prepare. Nice.

25. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    Have I missed something over the past few weeks on the speculation of Leia dying? Or is this just connecting the dots with the press release of no plans of CGIing Leia?

I still don't think anything is going to change, just a reworking of IX. And not just because I'm a huge fan, but still going out on a limb that she won't die. I still believe production have combed all sources on what can be salvaged and tweaked to use for IX with manipulation, reworking the script to accommodate it to keep it as close to the original plan as possible.

MattOrgana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.