main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MattOrgana, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    The fact that Bob Iger is talking openly about a cut of TLJ and I think there was an interview with Rian from this year where he mentioned "It was coming together, taking shape" or something. These kind of suggest to me that Leia's storyline will remain more or less intact in TLJ, and it'll be Colin's job to figure out how to move forward with it for IX.

2. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    I think that's the right thing to do. We, fans, should be allowed to see Carrie Fisher's final performance as Leia Organa in all it's glory, and that would be a fitting tribute to Carrie, as the movie will certainly be dedicated to her and Kenny Baker.

Colin can figure out what to do with Leia on Ep. IX, maybe with Rian and JJ's help.

KSennia and Scruffy nerf like this.
  3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What about this recast?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Paparazzo likes this.
  4. Darth Ewok

Darth Ewok Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2016
    Collagen lips are clearly the only requirement to being the princess of Alderaan

Paparazzo likes this.
  5. Good Blaster

Good Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2015
    Don't recast her, and absolutely DO NOT portray her with the use of CGI. Either address her death in the opening crawl, or via character dialogue

nightangel and Nanaki like this.
  6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I wasn't for recasring either at first, but if her arc is that important for 9, then I think they should. Unless they do a complete rewrite of the script.

Paparazzo likes this.
  7. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    In my eyes, the only person authorized to portray Leia not named Carrie Fisher is the Baby Leia actor himself, Aidan Barton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
  9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    just don't.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  10. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    NO RECAST. They can do whatever they want to conclude Leia's story as long as they don't recast her. It makes me want to vomit just thinking about it. To truly honour dear Carrie's memory they should let Leia bow out with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    As time goes by, I am getting more used to the idea of having some sort of CGI Leia for Episode IX only. Shorten the scenes and use lighting to hide inconsistencies. But keep the story alive and finish her story intact. People will be accepting of it by 2019. Just not sure how her family will feel about it. Ultimately, it's up and should be up to them.

Certainly not the right physical build but could they SOMEHOW use Billie as a stand in?

12. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    I still don't see what the problem could be. I don't think it would be Rogue One CGI. I'm talking about using scenes Carrie herself filmed, many out takes not used in previous films and figure out a way to make it work in the IX script. If you look at most behind the scenes, the actors are all surrounded by so much blue for the green screen process anyway. Every frame of Carrie was CGIed on her appearance anyway. Obviously it won't be an ideal situation since the spliced Leia wouldn't be from a living actor going through the dramatic weight of the scene but it's an option.

Example... I'm sure there are at least five alternate takes and angles from her breakdown on feeling Han's death. Or saying May the Force be with you to Rey. CGI her hair and neckline to match a new outfit and environment, etc. standin for wide shots. I think this is the way it will most likely go.

13. Korr Sella

Korr Sella Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 1, 2016

The New Republic is basically gone. If the rumors about Laura Dern's character are true, then they could have been gearing up for a power struggle between Leia and Dern for control of the Resistance, and Poe could step up into that role easily. Leia was Poe's idol, and if she were to die then he would fight tooth and nail to preserve/continue her legacy.

14. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Source? They lost some of their fleet and a capital world. There's more to the NR than the Hosnian System.

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    With the quick response that Disney released a while back, I had the feeling that Leia might go out in VIII thus making the point of her casting in IX moot, anyway. I could be wrong, but why the quick response? They didn't have to do anything. There must be a reason for it.

16. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Well, the simplest reason might just be something like, "All talk is premature at this point, so kindly shut up with your speculations and do stop pestering us so that we can work in peace to resolve this matter. We'll not let you down. Promise."

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Or it could mean she dies in VIII, and they don't have to elaborate on anything since this was something already in their plans. I think it's something we have to prepare for and not take offense to it if it does happen.

18. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    But there is already mention in news sources that she was going to be in episode nine. And going out in a limb and saying you don't buy a huge franchise that has Luke, Leia and Han and kill them. Han was most likely because Ford was only going to do one film and wanted to go out with a bang.

nightangel likes this.
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I just think it's odd that they would come out and say anything so quickly.

20. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Their swift denunciation of a CGI Leia, coupled with language that suggests Carrie alone will be Leia, is what drove home for me the possibility that Leia either was always suppose to die in VIII, regardless of news sources about Carrie in IX, or Leia's story was shot in a way that will allow VIII to be her natural conclusion. There is always the chance that Leia would figure into IX as a Force ghost, having a pivotal impact on her son's and brother's story from the beyond.

I'm preparing myself now for the, IMO likely, outcome that we won't see a present, Carrie-Fisher-Leia in IX at all. If they pull it off successfully, grand, but I'm going into VIII with the mindset that this is likely older Leia's final appearance.

21. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    That’s what I’m hoping for to be honest.
    Carrie was excited for her role in the new trilogy, and I think she would’ve wanted her character’s story to be told the way she agreed when she signed. Drastically changing that and just ‘writing her off’, as if her character was never that important, wouldn’t be fair to Leia or Carrie.

22. Korr Sella

Korr Sella Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 1, 2016

But the entire government was located in the system, and from the reactions at the Resistance I would say most of not all of the fleet was destroyed. It's not hard to see how the Republic would quickly crumble or at the very least be ineffectual since it already had factions and power struggles before the Hosnian disaster.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  23. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Watched most of the BAFTA's this Sunday and to see Carrie in the people we lost reel still seems strange. Just way too young to go.

Hopefully ep8 is a fitting swansong for her as Leia. But I feel we won't have seen the last of Leia as a character, I'm sure she will be recast at some point for an anthology adventure, much like Han has been.

24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    That's impossible to force a few outtakes to fit whatever they have planned in Episode 9. I don't see how they would just happen to have discarded material that would fit nicely with the role she has.

25. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    or they could simply put her awakening from coma (of this is true and was filmed) to the end of IX, which leaves stories about Leia past IX. X could open with her passing mentioned in the crawl and a new threat to Luke/Rey and their Jedi, while in the first act Luke is killed as a very old and tired (by the loss of Leia) man by whatever threat emerges there. ;)

MattOrgana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.