main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MattOrgana, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016

I'm so happy this is what they decided to do with it.

DARTH_BELO and B_Mothmackbar like this.
  2. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    I think we'll see quite a bit of Leia in the marketing of TLJ. First, because I believe Lucasfilm will want to reassure the fans that we'll see Leia at least one more time. Second, because Leia's role seems to substantial in this movie. And third, because TLJ will be known as Carrie Fisher's final movie/Star Wars movie, and Lucasfilm knows that.

I really hope for a teaser with Leia doing the voiceover.

3. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    Happy National Puppy Day to Mr. Gary Fisher!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Seriously speaking. He was in recent pics with Billie. So I guess he's hers now.

Edit: Oh geez. I swear in those first two pics, he's smiling for the camera.

DaddlerTheDalek and Gigoran Monk like this.
  5. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015

It was confirmed after Carrie's death that Gary would live with Billie, who already owned a female French bulldog.

6. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    "In it a lot" like Deadline.com claimed before. What he didn't tell you is that she is asleep on screen through the whole movie if you believe the spoiler clown show.

MattOrgana and Knessa84 like this.
  7. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Good to hear they're keeping Carrie's final performance in tact.

Further confirmation of no CGI Leia for IX. Hmmm. Again, wondering if Leia's story in VIII always veered into a direction that would make it seem rather natural to no longer see her in the follow up...

Great! Confirmation for what those of us who've been saying Carrie seemed to be on set a lot and wasn't in a reduced role.

8. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Like Han being frozen in carbonite in V, the idea Leia being captured by the bad guys seemed a direction they could go in. Putting Leia or Finn in danger to motivate Rey.

9. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015

But I guess Rey won't succeed and Leia will end up being killed in the first act of Ep. IX, maybe by Snoke.

His mother's death at the hands of Snoke/The First Order may make Ben Solo turn back to the light, so he'll join Rey (his sister? cousin?), and they'll defeat Snoke together.

jaqen likes this.
  10. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001

The possible reshoot makes me wonder if they are adding Leia's death to any cliffhangers. And I agree, putting her in danger or killing her would be the exact thing to make her son possibly turn on his master.

So happy to hear that Leia has a meaty role in TLJ. We only got a little tease of her in TFA, and it will be great to see her in her role as general and head of the Resistance in a greater capacity.

oncafar, MattOrgana and jaqen like this.
  11. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I really hope she has a nice size role. The tweet said she was in it "a lot". If for no other reason than to see the people who, even with this tweet, are still swearing Leia couldn't possibly have a larger role. Or even better, that it must mean they have a lot of shots of her laying up in a coma.

12. B_Mothmackbar

B_Mothmackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2016
    I hope she has a nice sized role as well. This comes from my grief, but what a relief to know that no matter what the role is it won't be cut into anything less due to Carrie's death. I know that completeness was important to many of us.

13. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015

Yeah, I think TFA was just a teaser, and Leia's role would get bigger in VIII and IX. I've always though that, in a way, the ST would be about Leia and her offspring/legacy, in order to compensate for the lack of developement that the "Other Skywalker" storyline received in the OT.

But, sadly, this alwful real life tragedy happened, and now Ep. IX can't be the same as originally planned. If the original plan was for Leia to have a bigger role, not only as leader of the Resistance, but also in relation to Kylo, Rey and Luke, I think her death early in Ep. IX will have a big impact in those characters and set things into motion to the grand finale of the ST.

Sadly, Carrie Fisher's death will forever be a dark cloud looming over the ST. But I'm also confident that Carrie and Leia will be honored.

14. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    I'm still going out on a limb and say they'll use manipulated footage of her in episode nine, and retroactively say they meant no CGI like in Rogue One.

The size of her role in Eight is both great and bittersweet.

laurethiel1138, jaqen and DarthBreezy like this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I just hope we get at the minimum of one of Luke-Leia or Kylo-Leia, although I prefer if both happen. It would be a massive disappointment if neither ever happen.

16. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    true

Jedi Jessy and starocean90 like this.
  17. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I love TFA, but I will always think the plot, as much as I enjoyed it, wasn't worth the sacrifice of never seeing the Big 3 together again. Sigh.

18. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Here's the full quote from Bob, including a specific mention of Carrie's performance:

"When we bought Lucasfilm, we were going to make three films - Episodes VII, VIII and IX. We had to deal tragedy at the end of 2016," Bob Iger told students during a USC Q&A on Thursday (March 23).
    "Carrie appears throughout VIII. We are not changing VIII to deal with her passing. Her performance - which we're really pleased with - remains as it is in VIII. In Rogue One, we had a digital character. We are not doing that with Carrie, although technology gives us that possibility today."
    "[The Last Jedi] is just as satisfying as [The Force Awakens] was. We're really proud of it," the Disney executive beamed. "It's a combination of drawing from the great heritage that was George Lucas's Star Wars but also bringing it to new places with new characters."

19. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Good to hear. And gives me hope that the coma rumors are false.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

20. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    if it's unchanged, did leia die at the end of VIII?

21. Zdarlight

Zdarlight Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2016
    That's the only way I can read it.

She's in Episode VIII, she's not going to be in IX (unless they do what they say they won't and CGI her/use manipulated footage). Ergo she has to go somewhere. Her performance in VIII isn't going to be changed... the only way I can take that is that she wasn't destined to be in IX in the first place. I honestly think we might see her die at the end of VIII :/

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  22. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    We had to deal with tragedy at the end of 2016. Carrie appears throughout VIII. We are not changing VIII to deal with her passing. Her performance remains as it is in VIII. In Rogue One, we had some digital character. We are not doing that with Carrie.

Throughout is such a vague word. he said that Luke as a "big" role so nothing vague about that. But throughout could mean anything, from big role to going back to the shot of the character in the hospital, for example. It really doesn't say anything about the size or importance of the role.

23. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Zdarlight - the only other way i can think is if the characters leave gffa at the end of viii (or leave on some quest) and leia remains in gffa and sends them off. then it doesn't have to answer what happened to leia as last we saw her she was alive and well, and ix could take place entirely outside gffa.

24. Zdarlight

Jan 1, 2016
    Would they have planned the Trilogy like that though, if they thought they'd have Carrie for the whole three films? I can't see Leia's character just being dropped like that. Unless it's a stroke of luck and they planned for Leia to be 'left behind'/alive and well at the end of VIII, then were going to use her in a few smaller scenes in IX... it would still seem like an oversight though (albeit an understandable one obvs) for her not to feature at all in IX if that were the case.

jaqen and oncafar like this.
  25. Zdarlight

Jan 1, 2016
    UNLESS. *thinking*
    It was planned for Leia to be 'left behind' by the narrative at the end of VIII, then they work her death into IX without her featuring on screen. Otherwise there'd have to be a lot of 'whatever happened to Leia' explaining to do in wrapping up the trilogy...

oncafar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.