main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MattOrgana, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    Yes, I'm just trying to compare interiors to Kylo and Rian one that, IMO, looks like something Resistance rather than FO. I guess I'm alone in this speculation cause it didn't get traction on AD thread either. Disregard. :)

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I entirely agree about the set being quite different than any other FO imagery we have seen for this film. It just makes the FO uniforms stand out that much more.

3. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    Cause it's SSD. That's why it looks different. Red stuff that Snoke likes so much. :)

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He really does have a sense for decor. Coruscant's IKEA is probably massive.

5. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    A very happy birthday to Billie Lourd, who turns 25 today!

"Bold. Strong… her mother’s blood flows through her."

[​IMG]

jaqen, Diego Lucas, KSennia and 7 others like this.
  6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Man. I still feel for her, losing her mother and grandmother within days of each other. And she was only 24.

KnightStorm and MattOrgana like this.
  7. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
  8. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    She really looks like Carrie from the angle given in the first photo behind the spoiler tags. Dye her hair brown, and it's like looking at a picture of Carrie from the 80s.

jaqen likes this.
  9. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Awww....space niece! [face_love]

Please tell me I'm not the only one who cried when Carrie came on in the behind-the-scenes video...

On Episode 8 speculation: I have a weird feeling that Leia in that clip with the white/gray background, is on Crait after the battle (hence the heavy haze in the air), and Rey is kneeling/crouched near someone in concern...? The look on Leia's face seems to be fairly stern but well under control.

MattOrgana likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    So, here is when I attempt "speculation" and set myself up for unrivaled disappointment...

What if Ben Solo did not learn the "catch a blaster bolt" trick from his Uncle Luke... but from his mom? I want to see Leia flat out deflect an AT-AT laser right back at it on Crait.

jaqen, Ridley Solo, B3 and 4 others like this.
  11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    The look on Leia's face in this shot is a look that she lost hope. Not a moment of shock when she lost Han, but more a devastating look. She looks past Rey. Hmmmm

12. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

In that shot it looks like Rey (who dropped on her knees) has bad news to tell about a family member, either about Kylo or Luke.
    Is that shot on Crait? The background looks a bit blurry, like it is a dream [face_thinking]

nightangel likes this.
  13. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    It is Crait in my opinion, so... [face_worried]

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The news could be that the First Order knows the Resistance is now recouping on Crait and are on their way. Rey hugged Leia over Han's death when they did not even know each other. I cannot imagine her bonding with Leia over another death by kneeling, now that they actually have familiarity with one another.

Ridley Solo likes this.
  15. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    It is the delivering of a very bad and personal message, whatever you say. The picture speaks for itself. [face_sigh]

16. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Leia DOES look unhappy, and you're right that she doesn't even seem to be looking directly at Rey... Are we sure that IS Rey? Is it possible that it's another member of the production crew, like the cameraman? The camera doesn't seem to be focused on the woman either. Is it even possible that it's KK watching the filming? Probably not, because I doubt she would get that close during a "take", but I am not certain it is Rey either, or did I miss a confirmation of that?

nightangel likes this.
  17. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    The hairstyle make me think it's Rey, it's possible that both are in Crait

Ridley Solo likes this.
  18. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    It could also be a stand-in for Ridley.

19. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    MattOrgana likes this.
  20. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    I'm predicting the scene with Rey 'kneeling' before Leia is from the last 5 minutes of the movie... Leia looks strong here, ready for badassery, and that very notion was probably gonna lead into IX...'that boy is our last hope' 'no, there is another....' though it's with heavy hearts we need to accept that we'll never see it play out in full.

As for Kylo Ren...I think he and Leia will see each other but the BIG scene between them would have been in IX. Would love to be proved wrong... so we'll see!

21. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Why do people think she's kneeling?

22. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    Shes so much shorter than Leia when Daisy is so much Taller than Carrie.

I figured it was just angled and Leia having the high ground on a mountain, but kneeling works too.

That scene is so intriguing to me. And I'll agree that I bet its towards the end of the film. Or maybe its the middle and she has come to tell Leia Luke won't come back.

23. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I think that could be it. And then Luke shows up out of nowhere when all hope seems lost.

24. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    that would be perfect, but I'm not sure.

arjank and Darth Smurf like this.
  25. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004

Like I said above, I think we are gonna see a Skywalker turn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.