main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MattOrgana, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    because we have not seen this before? TLJ is not ROTS part 2. :rolleyes:

Darth Smurf and arjank like this.
  2. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    People on Tumblr have been remarkably eagle-eyed and noticed that it seems that Adam and Carrie were filming a scene together (it's the part in the BTS reel where Rian calls "beautiful!"):

[​IMG]

https://jediwhinetrick.tumblr.com/post/163170525207/1captainswan1-sleemo-foxwick-we-know

The circle to the left shows a bit of an eye and a bit of hair. While it's only a tiny glimpse, the features certainly seem to be a good match for Carrie. (It's clearer in the gif at the link.)

If the observation is correct and Adam and Carrie did film together, that means mother and son reunite in The Last Jedi. I can't say how happy that makes me - I'd given up hope on getting a reunion between Kylo and Leia in TLJ, but it now really seems like it's happening. I guess the main question is what's the context - did Kylo go to the Resistance voluntarily, or was he captured? The background says Resistance to me more than First Order, so I have the impression that Kylo is with them (rather than Leia being with the First Order).

3. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Kylo Ren goes to D'Qar if the LEGO set is accurate.

Adam Driver said the last times he saw Fisher was on set while she was acting. He didn't directly give away if he was acting with her in the scene.

4. nonesuch

Jun 18, 2015
    If a reunion happens, I strongly doubt it happens in the first act. We have evidence that Kylo's involved in the space battle of D'Qar, but as far as I know there is no reason to believe he lands on the planet or directly encounters anyone. If they reunite anywhere, I expect it happens on Crait.

5. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Maybe this is the "huge spoiler" for Leia MSW has - that she and Kylo have scene(s) together.

IncessantRamblings likes this.
  6. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    Good eyes, peeps! These honestly seem backed up by Rian's comments that there's some emotional satisfaction to her role in TLJ. Seeing her with her son would definitely bring that for me. At least to see where she really stands with him.

jaqen likes this.
  7. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    If we are comparing the above picture with Leia's hair in the film, let's have a couple for reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    Kylo Ren needs to find out where Ahch-To is.

Alternatively, he could show up in a later act and capture Leia.

9. nonesuch

Jun 18, 2015
    He does, but there are many ways in which that can be handled:

1. If Kylo and Rey have a connection through the Force, he could find the way to Ahch-To through that.
    2. If they storm the D'Qar base after its occupants have left, they could find the map there.
    3. Ahch-To's location could be betrayed by a random captured member of the Resistance.

etc., etc.

I don't see them having a scenario early on where Kylo captures his mother and interrogates her to get the map. For a start, it would be heavily repetitive of TFA (where Kylo interrogates Rey with the same purpose). Secondly, the knowledge we have of Leia's whereabouts in the first act doesn't leave time for her to be captured by the First Order - we can see her with Poe and a freshly awakened Finn in BTS shots from Celebration, and that has to be a scene that follows the evacuation of D'Qar.

My bet rn, based on all the knowledge we have, is that Rey and Kylo leave Ahch-To on the Falcon together and go to Crait. Rey, potentially protecting Kylo from Luke, takes him to his mother.

10. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Chewie would be cool with that? Would Kylo even be cool with that? I don't see Kylo being ready to get his ass kicked or get a talking to by mom after killing dad. Or turning himself over to the Resistance either. If he does talk with his mother, it's going to be him trying to convince her (and himself) that he's doing the right thing and he knows the right way. And she should join him. I see that scene playing out during an invasion on D'Qar or Crait.

I think after the FO Ahch-to invasion, Kylo goes back to the FO, Rey and Chewie leave and try to convince Luke to as well. He says no and is ready to meet his fate (only to show up later in dramatic fashion when they need him the most). Rey and Chewie reunite with the Resistance and help them against the FO on Crait. Kylo arrives on Crait with the FO.

11. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    At that point, I highly doubt he will be on the offensive.

Every image we have seen of him--whether it is either of two movie posters he is in, the Battlefront footage, or the BTS images--he is never portraying aggression. If anything, the images show apprehension, distress or even submissiveness (the seated Kylo turning his head.)

If this is how he is being presented, He is either a willing prisoner of the Resistance at that point (he's not putting up much of a fight in that image) or he is an uneasy ally meeting with his mother. Either way, he's not there to capture Leia. I strongly feel he is either surrendering or actively assisting them at that point with information.

12. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    And how many images are those out of the entire film? Regardless, he looks to be portraying aggression in the teaser for sure. He's going to be nuts and unhinged until he finally hits rock bottom when (and this is a rumor I tend to believe) he can't kill Rey and his leader portrays him. Although I imagine he will be wavering and unsure of himself throughout TLJ but I don't see him lending a helping hand to the Resistance until the VERY end of VIII or into IX.

13. nonesuch

Jun 18, 2015
    No, which would make it a test for Chewie. We've been told all the characters will be tested, and a huge test for Chewie would be having to refrain from pulling Kylo's arms off. He's meant to be Rey's friend and helper now, and his challenge may well be to trust her and do what she asks even when he feels differently.

And the rumour of Kylo and Rey speaking together in a hut, potentially in defiance of Luke's will, now seems very solid and reliable. So we have reason to believe they're on speaking terms after their initial confrontation on Ahch-To, and are potentially plotting something together against Luke's wishes.

And, again - TLJ is supposedly about the characters being tested. The greatest test Kylo could face would be having to confront his mother after he killed his father.

I find there to be something very dramatically blunt about Kylo skulking off to the First Order after the fight on Ahch-To in order to, presumably, report that he has failed again. I think it's much more exciting and interesting if he leaves with Rey or Luke, whether willingly or unwillingly.

Birkendoc and IncessantRamblings like this.
  14. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
  15. IncessantRamblings

IncessantRamblings Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2016
    Where's Leia in this?? The background or Kylo's eye reflection?? [face_batting]

What Girl and nonesuch like this.
  16. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    That could be at a Resistance Base or ship that's been attacked.

17. nonesuch

Jun 18, 2015
    LOL, are you trying to say that Kylo is the evillest evil to ever evil by posting this? If so, how about this?

[​IMG]

And this?

[​IMG]

And this?

[​IMG]

He is surely the SW equivalent of Damien from The Omen. Never before has a character looked so staggeringly evil and threatening.

18. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    Well, exactly. We're gonna go from this to Kylo being all, hey Rey, let's talk it out and from now on I'm gonna try to make all the right decisions. Killing my dad was just an "oops" moment. I'm now totally sane and see things clearly.

I expect more development than that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

19. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Kylo appears almost timid, definitely hesitant and conflicted in these images. Intriguing.

20. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    Ok, the bolded is just reaching. The spoiler, I believe, was that Luke didn't like what they were talking about. Which, if true, could be anything. It's likely adversarial and not a nice conversation. Your interpretation is what you typed. My version is that it's likely Kylo ripping on Luke and his teachings and how he's a failure, Rey is wasting her time with the old man and how Rey should join Kylo's party of fanaticism. Luke gets angry, the hut explodes and they are back to fighting. And any number of people on here could have different versions. I don't see how them being in a hut means they are allies, on speaking terms or planning something against Luke or his wishes. That's quite the jump.

21. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    How cool wouldn't it be if that's the look he gives Finn after he and Rose detonates those bombs on the SSD

22. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    If Kylo is just suddenly good and weepy and asking for forgiveness which of course Leia gives, I'll eat my hat. In boredom.

23. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    there's no storytelling involved with Kylo returning to Snoke with his tail between his legs a second time after losing to Rey (and Luke.) His story would come to a dead end. Snoke would have no use for him and kill him, likely horribly.

While that might bring a smile to the anti-Kylo faction, it's crap storytelling with no real endpoint other than Snoke squashing his eff-up apprentice like a bug. it doesn't further a plot, and doesn't give any resolution of the conflict Kylo has with Rey, Luke, Chewbacc and/or his own mother. As Carrie stated, Star Wars "...is about family." This would not further the family storyline one bit.

24. nonesuch

Jun 18, 2015
    It was a suggestion, not a statement of fact. As a theory, it has more evidence to back it up than the baseless idea that Kylo takes his mother prisoner in act one.

25. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    They've shown so little of him in released material so far, and I keep thinking most of these scenes we've seen are just early act 1 stuff where he's gonna be dressed down by Snoke and pressured to prove himself.

Deerborne and Knessa84 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.