main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MattOrgana, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    A and B, maybe C.

MagnarTheGreat likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'll take E for $100, Trebec.

3. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    B would be super cool.
    But I feel like E is more likely.

4. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I think Leia will get a Force moment. I can only guess the rest.

Rey's mom? I won't even allow myself to go there. I wouldn't hate it, but the notion seems so absolutely far fetched at this point that I can't even contemplate it.

Doom_Buggy and KSennia like this.
  5. I_FORCE_I

I_FORCE_I Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2017
    (C) I think I'm the only person on this planet that wants Leia to go dark side. That would literally be more shocking than "no, I am your father." That would shock the world and make Vader a prophet adding to his legacy even more. Win, win and WIN.

6. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016

I disagree. It's so out of character for Leia. Luke was able to resist the dark side after his father fell. It would be weird for Leia to fall to the dark side after her son fell.

Jedi Jessy, jaqen and KSennia like this.
  7. I_FORCE_I

Jul 19, 2017
    You would be shocked! It would take a crane to lift your jaw off the floor. Besides the fact that Leia is dressed like Vader, I don't think it will actually happen. I just personally want it to because Leia has that streak in her. She was giving Vader the verbal business, was tortured by Vader in IV, and choked out Jabba in VI for humiliating her in the bikini. The seeds are there, as much as I want it. I don't think it's going to happen. But, I mean, if she put a hood on and stormed out with Kylo the theatre would explode. Just saying.

wobbits likes this.
  8. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    I forgot he said shocking in this context before as well:

John Boyega: “It would be a concern to me if Star Wars played it safe to the point where the new generation didn’t get to have their Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader moment, or a shocking reveal. I feel like that’s part of the culture of Star Wars and Rian’s in line with that… I speak to a lot of Star Wars fans. A lot of them are friends, but everyone says to me: ‘Okay, Rey is the Jedi. Eventually, she is going to defeat Kylo Ren. Finn is a Rebel. Together, they are going to win and they are all going to have a nice day.’ With that in mind, I feel like we have to be super careful to not fall into the line of what the other films have done. We have to take a risk, and I really do believe that that is what Rian is doing.” (SciFi Now magazine #139)

Knessa84 and KSennia like this.
  9. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    BBM. I don't think it will happen but she has always made me think she's holding back one bad a** temper. I just want to see her use the Force finally.

10. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    This is even impossible to do with Carrie gone despite that it is out of character. ;)

11. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Leia Organa willl never go to the dark side she’s been fitting the good fight since the age of 14, according to canon. The odds of that occurring are zero, zilch NEVERTHELESS! Princess, warrior, diplomat, general of the Rebellion and Resistance.

12. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Luke, Leia... All these characters already prove the side they want to fight decades ago. Also the twins cares about justice like their mother, so going to the dark side is totally against what they are

nightangel likes this.
  13. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/21/star-wars-the-last-jedi-luke-leia/

For the very first time, after reading this article, it crossed my mind that they might just write Luke and Leia off together by the end of TLJ.

Not saying that was the intention, but perhaps the way RJ structured the film it'll allow for a natural break for Leia and possibly her brother?

Also it seems they've confirmed that Leia will no longer be leading the Resistance. It sounds like she hands it off voluntarily.

14. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    I could see that. I think the tone will ultimately be very bittersweet, yet hopeful.

jaqen likes this.
  15. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003
    Luke and Leia will have reunion in IX.

Leia will be a force ghost who can't speak. Luke will see her. Rey will see her. And Kylo will see her.

Stock up your boxes of tissues now.

cwustudent and Darth Smurf like this.
  16. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    You and Fisher were close. How hard has it been to move on since her death?
    Hamill: The only way I have been able to cope is to think of her in the present tense. She's so vital in my mind even today. We had our ups and downs. She was almost like a real sibling because I loved her deeply, but she could be so exasperating. When she went into cardiac arrest, it never occurred to me that she wouldn't bounce back. I just thought, "Well, she's got her next book written." She'll call it A Piece of My Heart or something acerbic and witty.

17. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    I feel so bad for Mark. They had always been close and were great friends, obviously. I feel like, when they learned during ROTJ that Luke and Leia were siblings, Carrie ran with it and Mark said "Alright", for fun, but then as the decades went on, they emotionally became siblings. It's almost like the reality blurred and that's how it was. She was his sister and he was her brother. In fact, in one of the interviews post-TFA, Mark says something off the cuff or whatever, and Carrie turns to him and says "What is wrong with you?" and then they both laugh, like a brother and sister would.

18. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000
    Really really hope they do an TLJ in-movie sendoff to either Leia (during) or Carrie (after movie ends, before credits roll).

I don't mind whether they do it in-character during the film (eg characters honour Leia at a funeral etc) or whether its a montage before final credits roll of Carrie as Leia in various Star Wars scenes from all the movies.

Ideal for me is how Fast and Furious sent off Paul Walker. I'm not a fan of those movies at all, but have to admit, they nailed his send off 100% with grace and dignity.

I can picture a similar scenario to Fast and Furious, whereby Luke stands looking at the stars in the night sky, as the Force/ Leia themes play... and the camera pans up.... where we see a montage of images of Carrie/Leia, shown to the audience in a way we could justify onscreen as "Lukes visions / memories" but serving dual purpose as a way to simply show a montage of Carrie/Leia onscreen from any SW movie.

19. B_Mothmackbar

B_Mothmackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2016
    So we have confirmation that Holdo is leading the Resistance in TLJ (or at least for part of the film).

I wonder if Leia gives up command as a gesture to her son? I know Ben reasons he was seduced by the darkside because he felt his parents would always put their cause before him. If Leia is still on Crait when Kylo Ren enters the base (as seen in the trailer) maybe this will be her plea to him, that helping him is now her entire focus. It's hard to imagine Leia willingly stepping out of leading the Resistance, but maybe bringing back her son is just that important.

20. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
  21. I_FORCE_I

Jul 19, 2017
    Iconic photo. This photo means so much in the GFFA. It pulls on that heart string.

KSennia likes this.
  22. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Hell, it means so much in the real world. You can see the brotherly love Mark has for Carrie there. Still can't believe our princess is gone.

cwustudent and MattOrgana like this.
  23. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005

While I'd love to see them retire to Varykino, that isn't going to happen while Ben isn't home.

cwustudent likes this.
  24. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    Gwendoline Christie escapes the pressure to fit in

25. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    It’s devastating to think how it’s likely they will not be reunited in TLJ. That is a big mistake . They really should have been reunited in TFA. I gotta say Carrie looked very good in the trailer . She looks like Leia again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.