main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MattOrgana, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    I just hope they will develop Leia's relationship with her son Ben/Kylo. Will she still believe there's light in him?

And now that the Republic was destroyed (again), will Leia become the de facto leader of the galaxy, as she's the leader of the Resistance?

I also can't wait to see the Skywalker twins reunited.

2. jedibarrister

jedibarrister Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2001
    Did anyone find it odd that when Leia walks by Chewie, neither greet each other or co-share the grief over Han's death? They walk by each other like strangers and she walks up to (what should be a virtual stranger-Rey) and hugs the stuffing out of her. Shouldn't Chewie and Leia have some connection after all these years? They loved Han the most no?

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think if it follows what has gone before in the OT it'll be Leia that saves Ben, it makes sense that with them both being Force-sensitive they have a stronger connection than Han has with Ben. She's his mother and sons tend to be closer to their mothers as daughters are with their fathers, then again this is the Skywalkers, the most dysfunctional family in sci-fi history.

Darkslayer, Big Boss and MattOrgana like this.
  4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Her reaction to Han's death reminded me of Yoda's reaction to Order 66 (or Obi-Wan and the destruction of Alderaan).
    No doubt Carrie will have a bigger role in Episode 8.

5. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    So there's an enormous set up here for some heavy emotional lifting for Leia to do in VIII.

Mother vs Son, after the death of the love of her life at the hands of their child. Very deep stuff. Obviously this isn't a kitchen sink drama, and won't play out like such, but I am hoping for a big confrontation scene between Leia and Kylo.

6. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015

Solo-Skywalker once suggested Leia and Kylo could have a conversation through the Force, like Luke and Vader in ESB. That's something I'd like to see.

7. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    I still believe it could happen

"Son I sense there's still good in you, come home..."
    "Leia Organa it's too late, mother I'm in pain... I hate what I've become..
    what I am..."
    "Son I love you"

MattOrgana likes this.
  8. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    "Ben, I love you and I forgive you. Your father loved you. Come home, son... please."

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  9. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I don't think they'll have Ben kill his mother, but it would be a huge moment for the audience to see him try, and watch Leia show her strength in the Force by resisting or blocking him.

10. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014

Ben would make any communing between those to deeply personal and riveting. I believe there now are two factors in any type of redemption of Ben Solo.

1. Leia's role: will the love of the mother of the First Order's prized apprentice continue to conflict the feeling of Ben or will Kylo be able to continue to bury them; so it all comes down to Luke and Snoke, will Snoke be able to complete Kylo's training or will the return of Luke continue to build doubt in Ben.

2. Luke's role: Will there be a confrontation, what will be said will Kylo silence him or will Ben's feeling continue to raise doubt. This plot point will tell us how the trilogy moves forward. Is Episode IX going to be Ben and Rey versus Snoke, or Luke and Rey versus Kylo.

That's right I believe he's 60% - 40% meaning he still is both Ben Solo & Kylo Ren.

Big Boss and MattOrgana like this.
  11. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    PS I made your favorite cookies!

jaqen likes this.
  12. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Triple dark chocolate chip, no doubt.

13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I can't wait to see Leia in Episode VIII. She's my favorite of the original trio. There is so much potential for her in the next film and I'm praying we have a scene with Leia and Ben. A duel would be absolutely epic.

Endor_boy, ksb36 and MattOrgana like this.
  14. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    I am wondering if he was their only child I hope not it broke my shippy heart that Han & Leia were estranged but at least they briefly reconciled before he died. Maybe Leia and Chewy had a falling out maybe she blamed him for leaving I don't like that idea but that is all my mind can come up with

15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    If anything, I think that Chewie's "life debt" might transfer to Leia and they become even closer friends. Which would be cool since, in their first meeting, she dismissed him as a "walking carpet."

Darkslayer, Big Boss and jaqen like this.
  16. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I actually feel like TFA showed us what Leia's been up to, and now she can more or less step to the side until Episode 9. There's enough development that needs to happen with the new characters it seems like the "parents of Kylo" topic can go on the back burner for now...

It's ironic, because I was looking forward to seeing all of the Big Three in the new films, but this is just how I see it playing out based on TFA. I hope we see more Leia in Episode 9, though.

17. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    While I enjoyed her appearance in TFA, I do hope she has a much more substantial role in the next two movies and gets in a bit of the action. Even though she didn't officially become a Jedi I still hope she gets a big force moment. Kind of like Yoda and Palpatine in AOTC/ROTS where they showed they had a few tricks up their sleave nobody expected in the previous movies.

Allana_Rey likes this.
  18. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I'm pretty sure her role is going to be bigger in Episode VIII.

Ghost and jaqen like this.
  19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Leia is quite a tragic figure in Star Wars; mother dies during child birth, father becomes a brutal enforcer for a dictatorship, separated from her twin brother (who then disappears again) and husband is murdered by their son. Oh, and her adopted parents were killed when her own father indirectly participated in the destruction of Alderaan.

20. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I disagree. She's set up for more story.

Reunion with Luke.
    Reaction to her SON killing his father.
    The republic suffered a major blow. She's the leader of the Resistance, which is needed more now than ever. Possibly even the defacto had of government depending on how many high ranking politicians were eliminated during the Starkiller attack.

21. thecleric007

thecleric007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't think this would happen either, since I am still expecting Ben to have a redemption arc in the end and I don't think that would be possible if he kills both of them.

I also really hope Leia gets an expanded part that isn't just about reacting to Han in the next one. It would be great to continue to see her in the leadership role, plus I've loved to see if she ever trained to develop her Force abilities.

dekaneas and MattOrgana like this.
  22. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I'm hoping to see a reunion with Luke, because I'm curious to see what their interactions would be like. Would she be understanding? Would she be angry at him for "abandoning them" in their hour of need? Would she blame him in some way for Han's death, etc? So many possibilities.

I'm also hoping to see more of her dynamic with Poe as well.

23. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I have an interesting theory. If the Republic survived the attack as a whole, why if they prosecute the Resistance and blame them for what happened?

Darkslayer and jaqen like this.
  24. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    does any one have any info is Ben/Kylo her only child

25. LastJediKnight

LastJediKnight Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm going to absolutely die laughing at your reactions when she turns to the Dark Side of the Force and sells out a Republic she feels can no longer win, in order to be with the only family she feels she really has left, her son. Its really the only story left for her and ties right back to Vader's dialogue in 6.

obiunokenobi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.