main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MattOrgana, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuhry

fuhry Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2015
    Here are two moments I'd like to see for Leia:

1. Escaping the Resistance base with Poe and BB-8 and taking a detour from the rendezvous point by going to convince Lando to convert his mining fleet to warships.
    Leia: You owe me a favor, Lando.
    Lando: Oh, I owe You?!
    2. Blocking Luke's death blow to Kylo Ren with her own lightsaber, which we don't see until that moment.

2. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

[​IMG]

3. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
  4. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    Yay, Carrie!

MattOrgana likes this.
  5. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Lovely woman. Lovely dog.

MattOrgana likes this.
  6. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    I hope Leia will be more like a royal/politician than a military leader now. She was so regal in her final scene of TFA.

7. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I'm thinking now the New Republic will be in a full scale war with the First Order. For her brave actions all those years with the Resistance, Leia will either become a Republic general or Supreme Chancellor in the wake of the collapse.

Maybe if Luke dies, she can also become head of the new Jedi order too.

8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Somehow she does not look well :(
    Is it her dog?
    Whats the name: Darth Dog, Dog Skywalker?

9. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

She looks exactly the way most actors her age (and plenty younger) look in an unglammed, candid photo on the street. If you go back and look at similar candids from the Daily Fail before she shot VII you'll see she looks about the same.

Carrie isn't one to put in much effort in her look during her "off hours" days. Doesn't seem to care about trying to be caught by paparazzi looking her very best.

Darkspellmaster and MattOrgana like this.
  10. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    Also it's bloody cold in London at the moment and she looks cold to me rather than unwell.

I have to say though I wish people wouldn't repost these sorts of images from tabloids. I think we're all a little bit guilty here of intruding into these peoples lives.

It's one thing when someone is making an appearance at an event but to just stalk someone on the streets is pretty low celebrity or not.

11. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    The one upside is that I did scroll down to the comment section.

When candids like this were posted in the lead up to VII the commenters were vicious and cruel. So far the comments on this article are downright positive. The goodwill toward Carrie seems to be pretty high right now.

Darkspellmaster and MattOrgana like this.
  12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    There hasn't exactly been official confirmation if she is even appearing in VIII or not which bothers me.

13. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Yes there has. There's been confirmation from Kathleen Kennedy that she's appearing in VIII.

She's also confirmed to be in IX. And according to some legit sources she, and Mark, have larger roles in the next 2.

MattOrgana, nightangel and Force22 like this.
  14. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Yes she will be in. There is the leaked shot from the set showing here at a strategy briefing
    [​IMG]

15. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Not even remotely funny.

16. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I'm starting to wonder, was it Leia's fault that the First Order fired on the New Republic and destroyed its capital? After all she does provoke conflict and war in their territory and is funded by parts of the Republic when she is operating the insurgency. Could she be blamed for why the First Order felt that it needed to fire its weapon on the Hasnion system? The Republic may resent her more for this.

17. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    The First Order had a super weapon, of course they would attack at any moment.

The New Republic should have listened to Leia when she was trying to open their eyes to the growing threat the First Order represented.

And it's thanks to Leia and the Resistance the First Order can't destroy other systems. The New Republic (or whatever is left of it) should be grateful to Leia and the Resistance.

Scruffy nerf likes this.
  18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Does anyone really think that the FO wouldn't have done that eventually anyway? Because I don't. They worship the Empire and seek a return to the "good old days." Well, that means not having to share power/control with another government/group. And Snoke wants Luke out of the way to prevent the "rise of the new Jedi."

So yeah, they weren't going to just sit by and let the NR exist indefinitely.

Darkspellmaster, Rhyoth and jaqen like this.
  19. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    Well I got the impression that most of the people involved in TFA really didn't care about the New Republic at all. They were literally just in the film to be blown up as far as I can see so blaming them for anything seems a bit redundant. I suspect they knew it would be a bit strange for the New Republic to not be worried about the FO which is why they didn't give them any attention or development. I do wonder if it will be similarly left in the background in Episode VIII or whether they'll try to make the New Republic more important by getting Leia involved with it.

20. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    It's the First Order's fault that they fired on innocent people and killed billions.

MattOrgana likes this.
  21. Diddy Minty

Diddy Minty Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2016
    It was great to see Carrie Fisher holding hands with Domhnall Gleeson at The BAFTA Awards. :D See it is possible for Hux and Leia to be friends!

Darkspellmaster and IoJovi like this.
  22. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    General Hux/General Leia romance confirmed for VIII?

[​IMG]

Force22, jaqen, MattOrgana and 4 others like this.
  23. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    It's good that Lupity Nyongo is on no photo with Andy Serkis
    Imagine a love story between Snoke & Maz

Force22 likes this.
  24. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I'm reduced to cyberstalking Carrie's dog and Mark Hamill's beard at the moment. Gary Fisher seems to be on a plane heading somewhere in the night .. ? Croatia? ... Skelling? Argh...

25. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Darkspellmaster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.