main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carrie Fisher now vs 1999

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darkfalz, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkfalz

Darkfalz Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2003
    I'm basing my "horrible" on a very recent interview, where she looks MUCH worse than that 2004 picture.

2. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    What really bothers me is that the character of Leia is based on her portrayer and no other character is. It pisses me off. Leia is written like some hag and everyone else is written as like 30 years old. And Mara is written as 14 years old. It's so annoying. Mark Hamill looks just as old, but no one says anything about him.

3. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    I'll say something about him. Mark Hamill looked like he was wearing makeup while interviewing on When Star Wars Ruled The World. I don't know that he was, but it looked like it.

4. Loopy_like_a_bun

Loopy_like_a_bun Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    She's not liek Sting where she gets better with age. Most women do have a few years where they seem to age like 10 years. Shes not goign to be the beautiful princess we all love forever. Give the woman a break.

5. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Very few people are lucky enough to age as well as...Mary Hart.

*sigh* [face_love]

6. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Has anyone seen the Entertainment Weekly photo of her on the newest cover with the cast of Star Wars in 1977? WOW!!! She looks like something's ready to pop out! Serious! Looks like Chewie's fur is just covering up. :( haha!!

I have the issue and got it in the mail yesterday. I saw that and I went, "WOW!! VERY NICE!!!!" hahaha!

Agreed. Natalie Portman is no match for Carrie Fisher in Star Wars.

7. JediNdaCity

JediNdaCity Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    However Carrie Fisher looks, I'll still love her forever!
    She's a very nice and gracious person who can go toe to toe with the best of 'em and to have endured all she has and still stand up tall is commendable. She remains a great representation of the strong, witty and beautiful character she played in the saga.

So to you bashers...LAY OFF!:mad:

8. Darkfalz

Nov 20, 2003
    Hamill and Ford obviously look much older too, but what makes Carrie look bad at the very moment is the puffy and bloated look. Either from just heavy weight gain or alcoholism.

9. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
    Agggghhhhhh!!!!

10. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Beauty isn't just skin deep. Maintaining a 'pleasing' exterior is just as much a battle as controlling a drug, alcohol or eating disorder.

Such disorders brought about by periods of bi-polar disorder, career dips, type casting and personal scandal.

In many ways she's like Margot Kidder.

On the other side of the coin; this next generation of Star Wars fandom has been a tremendous benefit to her as far as exposure, personal confidence and a reminder that she made a BIG difference in millions of lives wether it be a new breed of hero, writers inspiration or hope for battling near to impossible odds.

Despite her self imposed isolation at times, she's still loved by more then her small cirlce of personal friends or family;

Her fans are there.
    George is there.

What I find borderline heart breaking is her change in voice. Even the new dvd commentaries...It almost sounds like she in a constant fight to keep from breaking into tears.

Let's all give her a forum hug!

*hug*

:)

Any one know how to contact her?

I got a great idea. Lets get her to write a new book about battles with duality. The character vs the actor, in the style of Leonard Nimoy's "I am NOT Spock."

I got the perfect title!

"Delusional postcards by Grandma on the edge."

;)

11. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
    Can't you work 'Surrender the Pink' in there? ;)

12. Angela_Russell

Angela_Russell Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 6, 2004
    Agggghhhhhh!!!!

How Rude!!!

*Joins in the Carrie/Forum Hug*

Personally I think Mark and Carrie look good for their age. Even Harrison and Billy aren't that bad. I don't know why people keep bashing them SW was made 25 years ago of course they're going to look different.

Ciao!

13. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
    Angela, I'm confused.

Poster A: I just wanted to point out (yet again) that her puffy bloatedness is caused by her bloating and puffiness, probably because of all the drugs and alcohol she has consumed.

Poster B: (out of frustration) Aggghhhh!

Who's being rude? :confused:

14. Darkfalz

Nov 20, 2003
    I never found Margot Kidder even remotely attractive even when she was young in the Superman movies.

15. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I was never a Margot Kidder liker myself. And yet the last time Superman was on TV, I thought she looked disturbingly similar to Courtney Cox. Who I do like...

Now I'm confused. I'm just gonna stick with Jedi...

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16. Darkfalz

Nov 20, 2003
    I'm watching bonus disc now, and there are some interviews with both Hamill and Ford. I have to say, they BOTH look pretty good. Especially Ford.

Either he's had some "work" done recently (or lost weight?) or this is archival stuff from a few years ago.

If Ford really looks like that right now, I say bring on Indy 4.

17. The_Phantom_Sock

The_Phantom_Sock Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2004
    Why is it ok for guys to age, but not girls?

People who are beautiful on the inside stay beautiful for life :)

18. Jedi_Emilie

Jedi_Emilie Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2004

Again; Who cares about what she looks like??

To me it seems a pretty trivial thing if she looks horrible or not (and she doesn't), when we all know she rocks today and will rock forever!!

19. shadowplay_80

shadowplay_80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2001
    I wonder what the bashers on this board look like...

Do they measure up to the pop-culture definition of beauty?

20. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Why is it ok for guys to age, but not girls?

because our notions of beauty in terms of appearance are deeply tied to evolutionary cues, and women stop being able to reproduce earlier in their life cycle than men. sad but true.

i'd still do Carrie Fisher though. she's cool as hell, and have you ever heard her talking about her sexploits? she's a very kinky girl; the kind you don't bring home to mother (RIP Rick James).

21. The Smashing-Wan

The Smashing-Wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 1999

Carrie Fisher got old. That's why we'll never see episode 7,8,9.

22. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I'd still give her a jump. :)

23. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Agreed. My mother is older than her, but doesn't look it...Funilly enough, I have an old photo of my mother somewhere, and she looks like Carrie Fisher in many respects. Carrie has definetly let herself go.

Is your mother bipolar, and did she have problems with drugs? Did she have a mental breakdown that doctors thought would be the end of her?

I like Carrie. I think she's funny and smart. And she'd be the first one to take digs at her looks. She did even when she was young, before she went through all her various travails (and yes, I know she brought many of them on herself).

I applaud her for not lifting and Botoxing her face into immobility. Actresses *half* her age are doing that.

What really bothers me is that the character of Leia is based on her portrayer and no other character is. It pisses me off. Leia is written like some hag

Yeah. Authors seem to take pleasure in writing about her wrinkles and gray hair.

and everyone else is written as like 30 years old. And Mara is written as 14 years old.

I know. Mara took some weird backwards journey through time. She had a supposedly fatal disease and emerged from it looking younger and more beautiful than ever. Not a book passes by without some remark on her youthful beauty, or some guy young enough to be her son getting the hots for her.

It's so annoying. Mark Hamill looks just as old, but no one says anything about him.

Exactly. And no one takes swipes at Harrison Ford's looks, even though he's gotten pretty craggy in recent years.

Agreed. Natalie Portman is no match for Carrie Fisher in Star Wars.

And even Perfect Miss Portman, who fanboyz love to elevate at Carrie's expense, and who once declared that she lives a totally clean life, has a vice: smoking.

24. The_Phantom_Sock

The_Phantom_Sock Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2004
    I've got a picture in my head at the moment of balding, 20 stone, lonely basement-dwellers, but I don't know why [face_thinking]

;)

25. AniKaufman

AniKaufman Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2004
    Well,to be fair,I don't see a lot of fat,bald basement-geeks choosing a profession where it is known that they'll be judged by their appearance and making tons of show-business related appearances where cameras are flashing and accepting roles in high-profile television/film projects where they'll likely be scrutinized and visually feasted upon.

However that doesn't change my opinion that Carrie Fisher is HOT and will always be hot.She's one of those people where their personality is so attractive that they are just an attractive person,regardless of their looks.'77,'83'99' or '04,I'd do anything to be with a chick like her....whereas Nat Portman,white-hot physically,but have you seen interviews with her???

Ugh.I think that you have to suffer in life to learn about life and develop a cool,strong personality and to gain a healthy sense of perspective and Nat strikes me as a pretty-girl whose biggest life-problem thus far has been trying to decide whether to buy the green or the blue BMW.I mean imagine all the acclaim that Nat Portman would reap if SHE became a writer!! (shudder).

Well,she's young.Whatever.It's not like either of them would give 2 !@#$'s about my opinion.Or any of yours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.