main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carrie Fisher on Today show

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Carrie Fisher talked about her new book, The Best Awful, a fictionalized account of her stay in a mental health ward, on the Today show this morning. There's also a brief interview in this weeks Newsweek.

She's pretty gutsy about putting her problems out there, and I'm so proud of her, I even went to her web site and told her so via feedback. It goes a long way to demystifying bipolar disease. It's very cathartic, brave and you can see a clip on msnbc. :)

2. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    ...and she was on CBS Sunday Morning, with her mom, Debbie Reynolds, and talks about her book here.

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I saw that interview yesterday. She is very straightforward about her illness and doesn't try to hide or sugarcoat anything. I like the way she keeps humor about the situation and deals with it honestly. It is also cool to see how her relationship with her mother has evolved from the problems they had in the past.

4. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I saw here kickin' but on some Poker the other night...but I must say I missed her Today-Show interview.

5. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
  6. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Thanks!

7. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yet another interview for Carrie, this time from NPR radio's Fresh Air. This one is 30 minutes long, so use the slider to cut to near to the end when she starts talking about Leia.

8. aureve

aureve Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2004
    (sorry for my english) I didn't know how to put that so i put it here

about the article on CBS

here the directlink for have the video
    video of carrie fischer protrait on CBS (that mean you could do "save as..." and save this big video 50 Mo)

i don't have internet explorer 6 so i can't see the video from the today show ...i really want have it...how can i have it without internet explorer 6 ? someone can maybe encode the video in a smaller version (because i suppose it's big) , isn't it ?

Oh, i almost forgot, i have 3 questions :
    1/what did she say when she speak about being a script-doctor ?

2/what did she said exactly about anna nicole smith ? (everybody laugh)

2/where i can found a thread about carrie fisher in this forum (this forum is too big for me :)) because i have many questions about her , and i really want have some help in english about some things she said (especially in her talk show) .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.