main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Carrie Fisher says "Sure, wouldn't you" about SW7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Summer Dreamer likes this.
  2. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't think they'll have any problem reassembling the cast.

3. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Ford would have been the hardest one to get, but his career took a bit of a down turn 8 or 10 years ago (he isn't washed up, but he isn't the draw he was in the 80s and 90s) and he is probably gettable now (I think he said he'd return). If this was 1998, I doubt he'd do it again, but today.....

4. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    I'd be annoyed if TMZ shoved a mic in my face and asked me anything.

VaporTrail likes this.
  5. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd be annoyed too.

LawJedi likes this.
  6. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Poor Fisher! Yeah, those darn entertainment guys...they don't know when to leave people alone.

Darthsuggs likes this.
  7. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    Yea there is a place and time

Anyone heard from Billy Dee Williams? I've heard he stays away from Star Wars. He was at dragon con once and would not sign any Star Wars stuff. Just his book

8. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    You know, these celebrities have more patience then I would.

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Fisher probably hasn't had TMZ stalking her before now. Might be the same for Hamill and Williams.

I've seen Williams at a couple panels at Star Wars-themed conventions asking people to ask more questions about his other work instead of just Star Wars stuff. I'm sure he gets annoyed that it overshadows everything else he's done since 1983. Of course, now there's an opportunity for him to be in a new blockbuster Star Wars film, so maybe his outlook has changed.

10. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    I would expect Fisher to sign on. It's not like she is asked to do much else. I highly doubt that Williams would agree to any role in the new films. When I have seen him at conventions, he seems very annoyed about hearing Star Wars questions. Not sure what other work he expects to be asked about at a convention with mostly sci-fi and comic book fans.

11. Barra_Jedi

Barra_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    oops. messed up the quote

12. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    carrie fisher wants to be the next lt. uhura, lol.

13. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Have you seen Carrie lately? She would have to do some SERIOUS dieting and exercise. I don't say that to offend, but it's the truth. In all honesty, Harrison is showing his age as well and part of why Indiana Jones 4 was a sad joke. I really don't want all these old people to come in and turn Star Wars into a geriatric ward. It would just feel forced and un-natural. I only feel Luke would be the one returning, and dying ala Yoda in ROTJ. Passing the torch on to a new Generation. To his son Ben and niece Jaina for example, Jaina being the "Sword of the Jedi". But, I honestly feel Carrie and Harrison just wouldn't fit anymore with their looks and age. It would just be cring worthy, honestly.

But, I have a feeling this "new story" wont involve the OT characters. It may reference them, but that's all. I really hope so anyway.....

I would REALLY like to see Eva Green as a Female Sith though. She was born and bred to play that kind of a role. She is beautiful of course, but that voice of hers BELONGS in Star Wars.

14. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    He did do a reprise of Lando for the Jedi Knight 2 : Jedi Outcast videogame.

15. Barra_Jedi

Barra_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    Well put

16. Corran1138

Nov 7, 2012
    He did also voice Lando in the Dark Empire audio drama, so maybe I'm wrong. But would we even want Lando to return? I would rather not have so much time spent on every old character they can squeeze into the film. All that's needed in Luke in the Obi-Wan role, and a possible heroic death for Han.

Darthsuggs likes this.
  17. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    They can use Lando as a small role as part of the senate or something. Doesn't need a story line. But then again it be nice to know some old hero went off to do their on yhing

18. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Billy Dee was at the comic convention here in town on the weekend but I didnt get a chance to talk to him.

19. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012

Um, she doesnt need to be doing backflips. Her role in the film could reflect her age.

Bacon164 likes this.
  20. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Yeah, you're not coming across like an ageist (and let's be honest: sexist) ass or anything. Just because they could be in the film doesn't mean they would be the focus.

21. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Carrie has already lost a lot of weight. She still has 2+ years to lose even more. Look at what they did with Chris Evans in Captain America. They digitally changed the shape of his body to make him look scrawny. If they really wanted to they could do so same with Carrie. Then again we still have no idea when EP7 is going to take place. 5 years of ROTJ? 10? 20? 30? A lot depends on that.

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Harvey Dent? :p

23. Corran1138

Nov 7, 2012
    Haha. Good point! I forgot that he played Harvey Den.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.