main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Carrie Fisher suffered a heart attack

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Diego Lucas, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    **** this sucks was actually watching a new hope when i found out :_| best wishes to her family and friends get well carrie

2. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    I hope she will be fine. =((

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Just read that she had an oxygen mask on while being rushed through the airport terminal. Doesn't say if she had had it on since the plane, but it's still a good thing to hear

Sarge likes this.
  4. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I hope she's okay. Pray for her! Please get better! The galaxy won't be the same without you!

5. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Such a shame, hope she will be ok.

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    AP reporting that she is in stable condiotion, per her brother....so that's promising.

7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
  8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea. That's pretty ridiculous. Knowing full well the amount of attention it would get and how many hundreds of thousands of times that kind of news would get re-posted and to be the one who told it first as the real motivation versus the fake sympathy and shock those two wrote in their actual posts. Had it been any other random individual I would highly doubt they would have taken to social media to write about it.

Dandelo likes this.
  9. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015

She'll make it, I'm sure of it! As bad as 2016 is: it can't take Carrie from us!

May the force be with her!

cubman987 likes this.
  10. May_The_Force_Be_With_You

May_The_Force_Be_With_You Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2014
  11. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I glanced at the Drudge Report, where this is the top story. The thing that bugs me is that the picture they have of Carrie is not one from one of the movies, or of her in real life. I'm pretty sure it's a still of the CGI Princess Leia from "Rogue One". What possessed them to do that?

12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, it's Drudge.

13. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Just saw the report that she was in stable condition. Thank God. Gonna keep praying that she gets through this.

14. TimeZone

TimeZone Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2015

Unfortunately that report wasn't accurate. She's in intensive care currently.

15. JoshieHewls

May 16, 2013
    Hmmm...a lot of reports are still saying she's stable. Being "out of emergency" may have been misquoted, but I think it's normal even after a heart attack patient has stabilized that they keep them in ICU in case anything else goes wrong.

16. TimeZone

TimeZone Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2015

Her current condition is unknown. Read the update, with her brother.

17. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    Being "stable" doesn't mean your not seriously unwell, just that your not getting worse in the short term so both of those things could be true, no idea if they are or not obviously.

Regardless best wishes of course.

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    prayers for @carrieffisher a great woman who shared her struggles with mental illness and prevailed. she deserves our respect.

19. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    This is her most desperate hour, help her medical healthcare you are her only hope!

Hope she pulls through

20. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Don't often post in here, but...

Sixty is no age for something like this to happen. Carrie is precisely one month older than my mom -- and she seems, God willing, to be in decent health.

Star Wars turns forty next year. It would be really strange not to have Carrie around for that.

Wishing her a speedy recovery. May the Force be with her and her family.

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Awful news to see on Christmas eve.

My thoughts go out to Carrie and her family.

22. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Hope she pulls through... [face_praying]

23. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Hope she recovers. I have a feeling she will. Can't lose her in the same year as Kenny Baker. Would never be able to look at this silly avatar I've had for years in the same way :(

To SW fans she'll always be royalty.

24. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    hope she's ok , saw her on the Graham Norton show a couple of weeks ago , she seemed a bit subdued , not at her best .

25. JoshieHewls

May 16, 2013
    I wasn't able to find an article with the update for a while after I posted my response. Amazing that a lot of these news sources haven't bothered to update with her brother's clarified response. That's journalism for you.

Oh no, certainly not. My Dad has had a few heart attacks in my life time, and my mom has had one as well. I'm very familiar with the phrase "not out of the woods." That's why I said folks who are listed are stable are typically kept in ICU for precaution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.