main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carrie Fisher

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, another public servant announcement from your friendly neighborhood Jedi. Carrie Fisher is going to be on the Discovery Health Channel this Sunday at 3pm. It's Medical Profile, and I think she'll be talking about her drug addictions. It's also airing
    Monday, 24 9:00 PM
    Tuesday, 25 12:00 AM
    Saturday, 29 2:00 PM
    Sunday, 30 1:00 PM
    Monday, 31 5:00 AM

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I've seen that before. I found it really interesting and she talks about how messed up she was. They even cover what she was like while filming Star Wars. I recommend watching it.

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I know that in the scene where her and Han are in the Falcon welding one of the pieces together, Ford has to mouth her lines so she can remember them.

4. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    It's so sad. That's why she'll always be Princess Leia to me. Princess Leia is a beast! :)

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    LOL! I never pictured Princess Leia is a beast, but I guess you have to have a little beast in you to tame a Scruff Nerf Herder ;)

6. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Perhaps she's not physically beastly, but she certainly has a very strong personality.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Oh, hehe. When I hear beastly I think huge, bulging muscles and a kick-butt attitude. While she has the attitude, I don't know about the muscles. That's what Chewie's for ;)

8. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    The hubby and I had a similar argument before we got married...he wanted Han Solo and Leia on the cake topper, and I didn't identify with Leia, so I said no. His argument was that Leia was the first female in movies that was kick-butt, independent, can take care of herself, etc etc. I said that if I were Leia, I could rescue my own a$$ from the detention cell and wouldn't have been caught in the first place. So we opted for Mulder and Scully. (Like I identify with carrying an alien fetus).
  9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    LOL! That's great! I think I want the 501st at me wedding :) Who needs a tux when you can go full Imperial Grand Admiral ;) But considering most women don't dig that sort of thing, I am going to be a lonely nerd for a loooooong time, me thinks :(

10. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    If it makes you feel any better, Q, I've always envisioned a legion of stormtrooers at my wedding. I also want to walk through a tunnel created by Jedi crossing their lightsabers in salute- like Luke and Mara did. It sounds corny, but I want a Star Wars wedding.

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wahoo! That's so awesome :D So would you be in a traditional wedding dress, or something like a huge Amidala gown??

12. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Hmmm.... don't know. Haven't thought quite that far.

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hm, I thought all girls spent the better part of their early years thinking about their weddings :p What about you Karma, did you have any other Sci-Fi things at your wedding?

14. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I plan on being in full dress myself. Lightsabers are kind of a corny wedding thing, but a star destroyer with a just married banner? Now thats cool.

15. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Please tell me what's corny about a lightsaber? Absolutely nothing. That's right, Sally.

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I think wearing a dress is corny Cmdr ;) And think of lightsabers as military sabers. Now I don't think I would want the Hasbro plastic toy sabers. That would be corny. They'd have to be metal hilts with EL blades or something like that. All lit up and humming? How cool would that be?!

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well, that was enlightening. I never realized that her problems were so severe. I figured she had just always experimented like most Hollywood's, but it's so awesome to know that she has her life under control now :) Go Leia!

18. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Other than the Scully/Mulder cake topper, our rings, and the wedding party and ourselves being intoduced to various SW songs, we didn't go too far overboard with anything else. Since my dad was footing most of the bill, and I being the only daughter and the youngest child of my family, I decided to be a little more traditional for my parent's sanity. Or else it would have been one wild ride!!!!
    However, to make up for it, Chris and I did go see Ep1 in IMAX before catching our plane for our honeymoom.
    On our video we have many SW-related wishes from our friends, and that helps make up for it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.