main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Carrie Fisher's "Wishful Drinking" Tickets On Sale!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Tickets for Carrie Fisher's one-woman show, Wishful Drinking, went on sale today:

http://berkeleyrep.org/

When: Feb. 8 - Mar. 30, 2008

Where: Berkeley Repetory Theater
    Addison & Shattuck
    (1/2 block from BART)

Tickets: $27 and up (1/2 price for most shows if you're under 30) Groups of 15+ get discount rate.

Info: 510-647-2949

This is playing during WonderCon, so maybe we can catch it the week before? What does everyone think?

2. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I'm game.

3. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Definitely in.

Also, if we have 15 or more, dicounted tickets.

Went to the site. Check out hte press photos.
    One looks oddly familiar.
    Thank you.

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    So who's interested in going? Are there certain dates & times better for some than others?

5. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Well, you know I plan to go. I just don't know when. Feb 8th may not be good since it is my husband's birthday. I'm almost tempted to say some time after WonderCon might be easier for my schedule since I've got so much to do those first few weeks of February.

Perhaps these dates when a post-show Q&A discussion is happening could be fun?

post-show discussions
    Feb 28, Mar 11 and 14? lively 30-minute post-show Q&A with the cast or other company members

This sounds interesting too, but it is that weekend before Wonder Con and I certainly can't do both this on Friday and a meeting on Saturday :(

30-below
    Feb 15?the coolest post-show party for the under-30 crowd

6. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Steph and I can make the 30 and below [face_dancing] ... Weekend or weekday night would be best.
    We are in for sure.

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Robert,

What show and time did you buy tickets for? If we can get enough people, we can get a group rate, or someone can win a pair from the raffle at WonderCon. ;)

8. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    One of the shows is 2/12, I think 3/11 is the other one.

9. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    I know, the meeting's not until next week, but can we PLEASE decide pronto which date we will be seeing this show in March? They might sell out quickly. And more importantly, I need to submit to my Boss by Feb 11th what dates in March I need off, in order for me to see it.

Can we please get a consensus or have someone create a Poll?

Thanks...

10. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I think people should just decide when they want to go on their own. I've already got tixs for 2 shows. Otherwise the more you wait, the better seats will be gone.

11. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Blah, I had not even thought about which seats would be available. I've been so stressed out planning for WonderCon I had put this to the back burner.

Maybe a small group of us just needs to decide when we want to go. Joan and Richard want to go, and a Rebel Legion member that is a friend of theirs wants to try to go with us too. I think with their work schedule a weekend is best. I'm fine with any time after WonderCon. I can call Joan today and find out from her which days would be best for she and Richard. If one of those days works well for you Dale, we should probably get a quick head count and buy a set of tickets so we'll all be seated together?

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'd say let's get tickets for Fri. 3/14, with the post-show discussion.

13. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Matt - I sent you and Dale an e-mail last night about dates that would be good for me, Joan, Richard and new Rebel Legion member Jean. I was hoping if we decide on a date that Dale will be requesting off from work today we could order a group of tickets so we are all seated together?

I see there is a post-play discussion on February 28th, March 14th & March 11th (you have to look at the ticket sale calendar). I would also like to see her post-play discussion - although they do not fall on days Jean was available. Maybe she'd be able to adjust her schedule?

So please let me know ASAP if Dale gets a certain day requested off. You could contact John and some of your other friends from the 501st, I can ask Alison, and maybe we can get that group of 15 for the discount and get some good seats before they are all gone?

Even if we can't get 15 of us (which could be the case) it would be nice to make our reservations all together so we are seated together.

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Dale said he'll request 3/14, since it's a Friday night. I think I read on the website, that the group discount is for 10 or more, not 15.

15. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    If you go to the actual online ticket sale section of the web site, it says the group discount is for 15 or more. So perhaps the group sale rate is different if you book directly through the theater. I was confused, as I thought I'd read it was 10 on one page, yet another page said 15.

16. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Don't forget there are discounts for the under 30 crowd...

17. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yes, there are under 30 discounts listed on the order page... but the group discount didn't say there was an age limit. But I guess it is worth calling and getting specifics on since the web site is vague about the group rate.

18. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Carrie Fisher rules!! I've seen her show twice. I'm going at least 3 more times too.

/obsession off.

Who am I kidding?

8-}

19. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Matt and Dale,

If you are thinking of going on Friday evening the... free vouchers we are giving away are NOT good for that night. So if Dale is confirmed as having that evening off we should buy our group tickets soon (like in the next week if we can).

Have you called to find out how to take advantage of the group discount. So far we have:

Me
    Matt
    Dale
    Joan
    Richard
    Eva (plus Angelica)

If we can get 4 more (maybe Alison?) we can go for that 10 person group discount.

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll find out about getting at least four more, Kathy. Maybe you could post about it in the GGG forums. I started it in the "Off Topic" section.

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Dale just confirmed he got that night off. :D

22. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I just got a hold of the woman at the theater that takes care of the group orders.

For 10 people we can save $5.00 per ticket. Sections A and B are Available (Base price of A = 55.00, Section B= 43.00)

For a group of 15 or more we would save 20% off on the tickets, and get one free additional ticket. That is $11.00 off on Section A tickets, and $8.60 off on Section B.

So just 4 more people would make us an even 10 :)

My contact at the Theater won't be back in the office until Tuesday. So I'm hoping we can get a firm count on our group and we can place our order for the tickets Tuesday the 19th. I'm happy to facilitate the order, but I would have to ask that people paypal me in advance to cover the cost of the tickets (we don't want to get stuck paying for other people or unused tickets).

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Here's a review of the show:

http://www.examiner.com/a-1227087~Learning_Carrie_Fisher_101.html

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Another review:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/20/DDPBV2JFI.DTL&type=performance

25. Red_Mandalorian7887

Red_Mandalorian7887 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    I SOOOOO want to go see this show! SO does my partner :) SO PLEASE let me know as we both want to go, and we'll need to ask for time off. But you can count at least me in, and my partner 95% he'll make it too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.