main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Carrie Fisher's "Wishful Drinking" Tickets On Sale!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    OK, tickets were selling out fast for this night of March 14th. When I checked on this the other week she had 'plenty of a and b seating' Now there is only "B" Mezzanine seating in the 2 back rows in order to accomodate large group. So, I've put a hold on 10 seats for Friday March 14th at 8:00pm

I have to make the purchase final by tomorrow afternoon or the tickets will be released. If our group of 10 or more holds, this will be the pricing:

Under 30 years old: $21.50

Over 30 years old: $38.00

This is our prospective group of 10. If any one of these people can't go, the price for the over 30 adults will be 5 dollars more (regular price, 43.00)

Kathy
    Matt
    Dale
    Joan
    Richard
    Lou
    Stephanie
    Even +1
    Angelica
    Eva
    John S. (?)

If you can all please let me know by tomorrow morning if you can definitely pay for these tickets and go on March 14th I will buy our group of tickets. I just need to have you all pay me back :)

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Kathy,

I'll PayPal you by tomorrow afternoon for mine and Dale's tickets.

3. Red_Mandalorian7887

Red_Mandalorian7887 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    Thank you Kathy! I too would like to pay you by paypal, tomarrow but it will only be me, so I hope that doesnt throw off the group rate. Also, I was wondering if there is anyone in (or cose to) the city I could catch a ride to and from?

4. The_Sith_Mistress

The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Hopefully I'll know my work schedule and my wookie er fiance and I could join you that night since I was the lucky one at wondercon ;)

5. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Sounds good. Let me know.

6. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey Jen,

Oh, the sad thing is that your free tickets are not good for the Friday night performance :( I won tickets, too, that's how I know. Look at the sheet that was in your envelope, it tells you all the shows your free tickets are good for.

7. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    OK, I paid for 10 tickets today for the March 14th 8:00pm show. 6 in row E of Mezzanine, 4 in Row F just behind so we are all in one group. Sorry the tickets sold so fast. The other week they had lots in both the A and B sections. :(

These are who I have tickets for:

Matt
    Dale
    Angelica
    Eva
    Joan
    Richard
    Kathy
    Lou
    Stephanie
    Even

I also have them holding an 11th seat until 4:00 Thursday in case John can get the night off to join us. But I need to hear from him by early tomorrow.

They suggest we get there well before 7:30 as the will-call line is quite long.

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Where are the best places to eat that are near the theater?

9. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Jupiter on Shattuck is good and it's walkable to the theater. http://www.jupiterbeer.com/jupiter/index.htm

10. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    The show has been extended until April 12th. :)

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    So does everyone want to meet at the theater, then walk to a place to eat, so those of us driving can only park once?

12. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    There's Hawaiian BBQ around the corner on Shattuck too.

13. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I think Stef & I will be taking BART in. We can meet where ever and kind of take where we eat from there.

14. Red_Mandalorian7887

Mar 15, 2007
    Sure that sounds great! I will probably be starving, as Im coming home from work and cleaning up then going to the theater. So what time should we plan on getting to the theater?

15. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I spoke with Matt last night and Joan tonight. Joan and I are fine with going to Jupiter for Pizza if that's what works well for other people. Matt had mentioned that maybe we should all meet at the Theater at 5:30. We can probably pick up our tickets then, and then walk over to the restaurant. If others are getting in later and want to meet us at the restaurant that could probably work too. And if I've already got all the tickets from will call I can give them out to people at dinner.

I know there are a couple of people who don't have my phone number. Even and Lou come to mind so I'll PM you guys. If there is someone else who needs my phone number please PM me tonight.

- Kathy

16. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Just to clarify because Matt was confused... I do not have the tickets in hand yet. But they entire group of tickets is being held in my name for me to pick up. The box office opens at noon, so I should be able to pick up the entire set of tickets at Will Call at 5:30. They will not be in your individual names, that's why I have to pick them up and give them to all of you :)

And as a reminder I still need reimbursement from:
    - Matt 38.00
    - Dale 38.00 (+10.00 for WonderCon Power)
    - Joan 38.00
    - Richard 38.00

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Kathy, do you still have the "traveling Leia buns"? ;)

18. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Sorry, no. I could not keep the buns that long because there is a convention in Europe at the end of March that I had to mail them out for :( I heard that Jean and all of her friends wore the buns to Carrie's show the other week and she actually commented on them! (They all own their own pair. I tried to order a pair months ago but Hofman's wife was not taking orders and I can't knit!) So, at least one of our Rebel Legion members was able to wear the knit buns to the show.

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I wonder if lightsabers would be in order? [face_thinking]

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It was a fun time for all, and thanks for a great show, Carrie! [:D] =D=

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/simplyCarrie.jpg]

[face_love]

All the pics I took I gave to Kathy.

21. Red_Mandalorian7887

Mar 15, 2007
    We had SUCH an awsome time that night!! Thanx Kathy for getting the tickets, and thanx Matt for helping us when we were lost. I haven't heard my partner laugh that hard in ages :D
    Carrie put on an amazing amazing show. I loved her honesty and the ability to laugh at herself, which makes me love her all the more :)

22. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah, that was a very fun show. Even better than seeing her at CIV since it was more about her life and not just the Star Wars stuff. I'm glad your partner had such a good time Even. It's great that you were both able to enjoy the show together.

OK, the pressure is on for me to open up Matt's photos and put them on our web site. I'll fit it in some time this week, but I have some other household chores I have to do first or else I may get evicted. LOL!

23. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I've uploaded Matt's photos from our outing in Berkeley: http://sffanforce.com/gallery/wishful-drinking/index.htm

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Some video of Carrie backstage:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/category?blogid=28&cat=1557

If you haven't checked out her show yet, the last day is April 12!

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, it looks like Carrie isn't quite finished with the Bay Area just yet. It looks like she'll be at the San Jose Repertory Theatre for a limited run from July 23 - Aug. 2.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.