main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Carrying on the legacy (Sabiwan)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hananiah, Aug 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Title: Carrying on the legacy
    Summery: Anakin and Padme have come out of public life but when they get a surprise visitor that could change
    Disclaimer: checked and nothing is mine
    Episode 3: AU

The knock at the door came unexpectedly. Anakin found his hand straying towards his lightsaber, an old habit he had not been able to let go of. He didn't know why. He had lived on Naboo for over ten years, Naboo was peaceful. Yet his old Jedi training often appeared.
    Cautiously he opened the door. Outside a young girl stood, she couldn't be more then fifteen. Her green eyes met his unflinchingly, as if she were used to talking to grow ups. The girl looked up at him.
    "May I speak with Commander Skywalker please?"
    The girl's voice was crisp and direct. Not one of Leia's friends.Anakin studied his visitor, how had she known his old rank, surely she wasn't old enough to remember that.
    "I am Anakin Skywalker" the girl nodded and brought a holovid from inside her cloak Anakin looked closer at it, it had SECRET AND CONFIDENTIAL printed on it.
    Suddenly Anakin was very interested now.
    She could be a rebel spy. But the Question was why had she sought out Anakin since he had not fought in the wars since his twins were born.
    "I am here on behalf of my father." She paused for a moment. "Obi Wan Kenobi"

2. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Hmm, I was a bit confused when I mainly saw Anakin & Padme listed in the summary, now that it is known Obi-Wan has a daughter, I know this is a Sabewan romance ;)

Looking forwarded to another post, Han :D

~aeryn

3. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I thought this was a very good start. I look forward to seeing more.

Keep going.

4. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

Anakin blinked a couple of times but when he saw that his young guest was staring expectantly at him, obviously waiting to be invited in, he stepped back. Mara nodded cordially and made her way into the interoir of the house. Anakin noted that her bright green eyes widened slightly as she took in the unfamiliar homliness of the Skywalker's home.
    "Anakin?"
    Mara Jade cae to a stop as Padme appeared, obviously hearing voices. She eyed their guest and her eyes met Anakin's over the top of her head. 'Whos' this?' she mouthed.
    Anakin held back a grin.
    "Padme meet Mara Jade." So far so good. "Obi Wan's daughter"
    Padme's face contorted in shock, exactly the same as Anakin's had moments before.
    "But...But.....How....I mean" realizing she was stammering Padme came forward and shook the young girl's hand "I am sorry. My name is Padme Amidala Skywalker"
    Mara eyed her narrowly, she scowled slightly at something behind Padme and she took one step to her left until she could see a boy her age.
    Padme looked from Luke to Mara and back.
    "This is my son Luke" she introduced, seeing the tension in the teenagers.
    Mara nodded once.
    Luke copied the movement though with obvious relcutance.
    Padme drew Luke towards the kitchen.
    "How about we let Dad visit okay?"
    Luke nodded, his eyes never leaving Mara Jade's.

The door shut and Mara turned to regard Anakin.
    "I am sorry to disturb your family" she said, her voice modulated to show absoultly no emotion.
    She sounded years older then she was.
    Anakin suddenly had a strange vision of Obi Wan staring at him when he was a padawan.
    "Dad wouldn't have asked me if it wasn't very important."
    Anakin nodded. He felt a little foolish just nodding but he could do little else. The fact that Obi Wan's daughter was standing in front of him floored the man.
    Obi Wan had a daughter.
    Anakin suddenly wondered who the mother was, he could see so much of Obi Wan in her. The red-gold hair and the green eyes but her delciate features and ready smile reminded him of Sabe.
    "Master Skywalker are you alright?" Mara was staring at him, her head cocked at one side.
    Anakin nodded quickly, he had been so lost in the past, in this revalation.
    "I am sorry Mara, but this is slightly....unnerving"
    Mara nodded, her face breaking out into a smile, relaxing slightly.
    "I know....Dad would have told you but...." again she trailed off, her eyes clouded over and she quickly changed the subject.
    "I thought it was forbidden for Jedi to marry"
    That was part of the reason he had left the Jedi because he couldn't be parted from his wife and children.
    "Dad went against the council. Said it was impossible that the Jedi were being killed every day. The council agreed"
    "Just like that?"
    Mara raised one shoulder acknowledging the unlikeliness of that.
    "He was very perusaive"
    Anakin felt overwhelmed. "But then what happened?"
    what he meant was 'when did you arrive'
    "Dad didn't know about me for a long time" and this was hard for her to say.
    "Dad had asked Mum to marry her but she had said no. Said he was too dedicated to the Jedi. She had to be sure, Dad was on a mission for the alliance for over two years"
    "So Sabe hid you from Obi Wan"
    "She didn't want Dad to know, she figured Dad would only want to marry her because she had me not because he really loved her."
    Anakin could understand that point but he also knew Obi Wan had loved Sabe more then anything although he had never spoken of his feelings to him or anyone else.
    "Your dad loved Sabe more then anything. Trust me"
    Mara nodded, but didn't meet his eyes, Anakin knew she was embarrssed talking about her parent's courtship.
    "Well I guess you had better tell me why you're here"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.