main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cartoon Network Clone Wars Microseries Update

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    The website is still under construction, but a teaser trailer for the Clone Wars microseries has been shown on TV. It features Yoda and a saber pull a la Attack Of The Clones.

Check it out, you should, yes

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    That's just frelling awesome...can't wait to see this series!

3. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Sweetness... I can't wait. :)

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
  5. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I REALLY hate the art for this. Looks like a 5 year old with some crayons was hired for the job. It's just ugly.

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    If you don't want to be spoiled about the Clone Wars Cartoon... I repeat the Clone Wars Cartoon, not EPISODE III, then don't click this link or highlight my text below with your mouse. It's something really cool.

Cool Clone Wars Pic

The link is a Clone Wars cartoon picture in which Anakin has a RED LIGHTSABER!!!

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that picture is a Fan Art rendition...so it's not a spoiler for the cartoon or otherwise.

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That picture of Anakin has been used in all the Clone Wars miniseries promotions...

fan art this is, spoiler is does not

9. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Anybody else notice that Yoda pulled his saber from the wrong side?

10. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    y'know... i'm actually diggin the artwork for this series...

very "samurai jack-ish" but with outlines...

hopefully the sound design will be as epic as SJ

-b-

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
  12. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
  13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I think I posted the last link about the time everyone was going to the meeting... I'm bumping this in case you guys missed it.

EDIT: I just clicked the link myself and they took all the ubercool pictures down. :(

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    From the commercials on Cartoon network, they seem to have alot of the sound effects from the films. I recognize that high tension wire being tapped = blaster sound anywhere!

I've only seen a couple episodes of SJ, it's nice...but I don't know if it'll work in a SW setting. Clonetroopers look awesome...Dooku could use some work!

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    The website is now updated. Check out the Planetary Forces game, and other cool stuff at
    This place

16. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    WOW. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW. Well, if we can't have the release of a brand new Star Wars movie this year, this thing is about the closest thing we can have. And boy, what a treat it is going to be. At last they have revealed some footage to the Jedi, at last we will have our Clone Wars. While no episodes are online yet, there are some scenes taken from the show in a teaser trailer. You can download it:

Here

Despite the creators trying to take the Knight concept back to the medieval roots, the little bit I've seen in that teaser FEELS like a Star Wars movie. I'm highly impressed with it. I just hope the whole micro-series really can have that Star Wars feel to it from episode to episode. I've got goosebumps. Dare I say it? YIPEE!

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Just a reminder...this Friday @ 8PM is the premiere of the CLONE WARS miniseries!

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I've already got the TiVo programmed and ready!!! I can't wait to watch it in the morning. My son has been so excited ever since seeing the commercials on Cartoon Network last week, and so have I!

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Frell-ing awesome!

20. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    That was really cool but REALLY short. I almost want to wait and see them all at the same time.

21. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I liked it as well. Yoda's voice was great. But I thought Obi-Wan and Palpatine sucked. I'm waiting to hear other biggies such as Anakin, Mace, Padmé, and 3P0. I was really impressed though. I hope this comes out on DVD like the Animatrix.

22. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It is coming out on DVD by the end of this year. It was really amazing how good it was. I thought Obi was very good. Palpy's fingers were cool!

23. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    It wasn't bad. I liked the scene between Anakin and Padme. And it looks like there's gonna be lots of action. That should be pretty good. My big complaint is that it's only on once. It's gonna be kinda hard to tape it and Smallville at the same time on Wednesday.

And, AJ, I wouldn't camp out at Blockbuster just yet. This year is over in just over a month and the entire series isn't even going to air until February.

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    TFN is reporting that the rumours of the Clone Wars cartoon heading to DVD were confirmed at the LucasFilm marketing summit on Wednesday

Now, ya'll now how I feel about these kinds of stories (until I hear about it from starwars.com or Insider)...grain of salt anyone? ;)

25. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    the report i read said end of this year....does seem a little quick. Could mean before the end of their fiscal year? Before the end of a year from now? Who knows...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.