main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cartoon Network Clone Wars Microseries Update

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Well, I finally had a chance to watch it this morning at cartoonnetwork.com, since I had to work last night. I'm actually somewhat impressed with it. Although the artwork seems a little too childish for me, it still had a few serious tones in that episode to still make it feel like Star Wars. The beginning however, was a huge letdown. I mean cmon, Yoda charging full-speed on a cu pa (relative to the taun taun) into battle? I couldn't stop laughing so hard. I thought the ending was well done though, with Anakin giving a silent goodbye to Padme as he left with the enormous Clone fleet into battle.

I was doubtful at first, but now I'm actually quite curious to see what happens next. Not a bad little series to entertain us until Episode 3 comes out.

2. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    The audio comentary for hyperspace was cool. So how do you download them? Anyone who has hyperspace wana help me out here?

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Yoda charging full-speed on a cu pa (relative to the taun taun) into battle?
    It's not that unreasonable, when you consider that up until the invention of automotive military transports...that commanders were often found riding on some kind of animal. Plus, give the little guy a break...you expect him to keep pace with a pack of clonetroopers on foot? ;)

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    It's gonna be kinda hard to tape it and Smallville at the same time on Wednesday.

I didn't even think of that! This is gonna be a tough one :confused:.

5. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I liked it. I think I may wind up watching the series from Hyperspace because there is no way I can tape all of them at 8pm.

It's gonna be kinda hard to tape it and Smallville at the same time on Wednesday.

I didn't even think of that! This is gonna be a tough one.

It even harder when you works til 8:30 and mom tapes her stuff during the day.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Two words:

Ti - Vo

It's not the cheapest toy in the world (and certainly not the most necessary thing to own either), but if you have the cash it's great for recording any of the shows that you'd normally miss and it's way better than fudging with a VCR.

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Until then, I'm setting my VCR...I work till 9PM, and Emily has her italian class tonight (and won't be home in time)

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Chapter 2 was cool. Nice to see some action finally starting to erupt now that the introductory chapter has passed. I'm very glad we got to hear ANAKIN! I think he sounds great... I recognize him as the Anakin from The Clone Wars game. Sounds a lot like Hayden. And the fleet in outer space... just amazing. I can't wait for the rest of the series.

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Chapter 3 was great! The ARC Troopers were portrayed very well here. Their presence and precision while moving through the city was fun to watch. Can't wait to see them do more battling in Chapter 4!

10. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I gotta say, I loved part 3 as well. It was mostly focused on tactics and war, and there was barely any dialogue. I loved how the ARC Troopers used hand gestures to move out their troops and stuff. The one trooper that took out that MTT was awesome, and there was a nice little scene where one of the troopers twirled his gun before holstering it, in a nice little homage to Jango Fett. Thought it was funny when that one trooper shot that little dragon-like rodent to get it out of the way. Can't wait to see the next installment. I'm so glad we don't have to wait a while for these to come out, unlike other stuff *cough* Episode 3 *cough*.

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    This Micro-Series is incredible! Every night after I finish watching the latest chapter I go back and watch the whole thing over again. Last nights chapter with Obi-Wan vs. Durge was awesome! I am really looking forward to the next series in the spring!

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I missed Chapter 3 (ARC troopers) and the Mon Calimari story (wanted to see that)...but so far this has been an awesome miniseries.

So far, the best moment has been Obi-Wan leading the "cavalry" against Durge and the IG droids...jousting on speederbikes!!!

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    It's too bad that tonight is the last chapter until the spring :(. I hope that they make a DVD of the 1st ten chapters with the little extras like commentary and interviews, rather than waiting until the next ten chapters are finished.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I would rather wait, and get the entire CLONE WARS series on a DVD...having 2 DVDs of 5 minute cartoons is too "Matrix" for my tastes.

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Yeah but watching this really well put together microseries was torture enough knowing that each chapter was only 3 minutes long. Having to wait until April for the next 10 chapters will be hard without something to enjoy in the meantime.

16. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The first ten chapters will be show in 2 half-hour episodes tomorrow on Cartoon Network. The first 5 chapters airs at 7:30pm, the second 9:30pm.

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    knowing that each chapter was only 3 minutes long.
    You know...they could skip all the stuff at the start and end of each episode...and just have each episode as an individual chapter (would be a smooth transition between chapters)

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Yeah! Yoda could narrate the story to help the transition between chapters just like he did for the intro of chapter 1.

19. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    OH MY GOSH! I went on www.cartoonnetwork.com, and clicked on the link to the Clone Wars cartoon, and it loaded the player normally, but now they have an AWESOME rap beat version of the Imperial March on it. I really like it.

20. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    There's stuff about Season 2 on the TF.N main page. On one of the commercials, they said that this season's chapters are FIVE MINUTES each! Almost twice as long! I can't wait to see this season, esp. with what I heard about Episode III tie-ins in the final chapters.

21. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I thought the first season was five minutes long each episode too?!?!

22. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    The first season was three minutes each, actually.

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I thought the first season was five minutes long each episode too?!?!
    Actually the padawan is right...each of the Cartoon Network broadcasts of CLONE WARS ran from 8:00-8:05pm (with about a minute or two of backstory and dialogue from those 2 annoying hosts on Fridays) When you're setting VCRs to digital cable...somethings you remember.

The "chapters" themselves may have run 3 minutes (more or less) so you are both right...and you are both wrong. From "certain point of view"

24. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Well, if it was about total time..it's still five minutes then! ;)

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Season 2 of Clone Wars starts March 26th on Cartoon Network!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.