main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cartoon Network Clone Wars Microseries Update

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    A little heads up, Dark Horse's Free Comic Book Day entry this year is a Star Wars- Clone Wars comic.

Here's more:

Star Wars ? Clone Wars Adventures
    by Haden Blackman & Matt and Shawn Fillbach

Inspired by the Cartoon Network's Clone Wars cartoons, Dark Horse presents a Free Comic Book Day issue that uses the television show as a jumping-off point to tell an all-new story of heroism and villainy in the same back-to-basics visual style. Tying into the digest-sized Clone Wars Adventures that begin shipping in June, Star Wars ? Clone Wars Adventures provides a perfect opportunity for readers of all ages to pick up their first Star Wars comic. Incredible action, hot art, and lightning-fast pacing are coming your way in this new take on the Star Wars galaxy!

FC, 32pg..........FREE!

------------------

Free Comic Book Day is July 3d. And, as your emper--, er, CR, I command you to also pick up CrossGen Comics' American Power.

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    And, as your emper--, er, CR
    Meet the new boss...not the same as the old boss :D

Newbie question here, please don't "Force Lightning" me for asking...where/how does one go about getting one(or both) of those comics?

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Go to any comic book shop on Free Comic Book Day. I've done it the last 2 years, it's pretty cool. ;)

4. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    [image=http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/tools/img/viewerguide_pop.gif]

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Gosh, who's the nerf-herder who scheduled RoP filming on the night CLONE WARS season II kicks off? ;)

Don't worry I'll tape it!

6. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    The nerf-herder who posted the schedule... :p

Was that to remind us of what we are going to miss? :p

7. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    1 Word. Tivo :D
    Actually I was kind of disappointed to see that.

8. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Just to make sure, it is on at 9:30 this Friday, and at 8:00 the other days it is on? (I don't watch Cartoon Network that much... I watch PBS. ;) (That is, when Cassie is over here. ;)))

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Chapter 11 picks up right where the last episode (not the movie) left off...Anakin and Asajj Ventress dogfighting in space and around the city.

Monday is supposed to kick off the Mace Windu storyline!

Like I said last time...Frell-ing awesome!

10. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Well Tivo got it and it was AWSOME. I hate that they are only 3 min long.

11. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Nice episode, I really loved that part where Anakin had the ship locked in his targeting system and he spoke the line "I have you now", ala Vader in the Death Star Trench.

12. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Best line... "I have you now..."

LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Just watched it online. FREAKING AWESOME! That line was great, and so was Obi-Wan's "I have a bad feeling about this." Wow, I hope the entire season goes this well!

14. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I really loved that part where Anakin had the ship locked in his targeting system and he spoke the line "I have you now", ala Vader in the Death Star Trench.
    Yeah! :D That was awesome! :D

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    OMG! I was just browsing starwars.com and I got a pleasant surprise. What did I see on the main page?! Someone who is going to be appearing in future episodes of the Clone Wars cartoon! I took a screenshot of it!

Hopefully you guys can see this. I put the screenshot in my Yahoo! pictures.

*DROOL*

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "I have you now"
    That line was a great reference to ANH. I love when they do things like that with a character, because it brings together the films and EU.

17. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Dude! Mace is one BMF! That was awesome! Can't wait for tomorrow! :)

(LoL and that Chapter reminded me of playing Galactic Battlegrounds. :))

18. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    It reminds me of Samurai Jack! ALOT! Thats an interesting weapon the Separatists are using! SMASH EM ALL! [face_devil]

19. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I liked the design of it. If you've played the Clone Wars video game, then you'd notice that it looked a lot in line with the designs of the Separatists' convoy craft, and other vehicles. Very cool stuff. I loved the clones whooping some serious a$$ using the butts of the guns to smash on droids then pump shot after shot into them. It was a great chapter. Just too bad that these things are only 3 minutes long.

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    After soooo much buildup to Mace Windu's storyline...I was kinda disappointed. It's Mace blocking blaster bolts and cuting down Super BattleDroids for 3 mins (I never thought THAT would get old) I was kinda hoping to see many more jedi involved in the ground battle on Dantooine.

The Clonetroopers in CQB with droids was cool. Really shows that the new droids are alot tougher then the original battledroids from TPM. This part of the episode really drew me into the chapter...because the fighting was practically hand-to-mechanical hand.

And aside from the HUGE impact that Seperatist thing left behind, I don't really see the point of such a weapon? Sure it can smash and send a shock-wave across a large area...but it's such a easy target for Gunships. Early version of a World Devastator? (Dark Empire comic)

21. DarthDurance

DarthDurance Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    I'm going to have to agree with Krash. That Pounding thing was kind of stupid. It was like someone ran out of ideas for cool weopons and ships. And it does seem like a very easy target.

22. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    As bad @$$ as that was, it got old fast...

23. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Three comments (on today's, Tuesday's chapter):

B

M

F

24. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Sometime living on the west coast sucks. I'm 3 hours behind...can't wait...agh!

25. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Couldnt have said it better myself Eric. Sums it up nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.