main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cartoon Network Clone Wars Microseries Update

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I didn't like it...I mean it just seems so, Mace. It was like he had not a single problem with a couple hundred of them!!

The next chapter though does look interesting...I like Bariss and Luminara!!

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Krash I just watched it and that's EXACTLY what that craft reminded me of - a World Devastator (I know of those from the original Rogue Squadron game for N64 - they were EXTREMELY hard to kill). All around good episode though. I'm really happy with how this cartoon series is turning out.

3. DarthDurance

DarthDurance Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    I got a kick out of seeing Mace clear all the surrounding Battle Droids out in the beginning. Call me corny, but I also liked when they did the whole Mean Joe Green Coca Cola thing with the water cantine.

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Loved it! It was a bit over the top, but hey, can' t complain...wait...yes I can...

THESE THINGS ARE TOO FRELLIN SHORT!

Although this is the perfect program for those of us with ADD (ok, maybe I should just say for me and not us, I think I'm the only ADD guy here...well, techniqually it's changed to ADHD and not ADD...but I digress), just long enogh for us (me) to remember what happens and just short enough that we(I) won't change the channel.

5. DarthDurance

Mar 29, 2004
    Chapter 14 I think has been my favorite so far...

6. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Chapter 14 was pretty cool. It reminded me a lot of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and how they could predict each other's moves.

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Call me corny, but I also liked when they did the whole Mean Joe Green Coca Cola thing with the water cantine.
    While there was alot of things about the 2 Mace Windu chapters that I thought could have been done in one episode...the "Mean Joe Green" thing was awesome!

"Here mister have a blue milk"
    "Thanks kid, here...((tosses jedi robe)) :D

I loved chapter 14...aside from witnessing a lightsaber being constructed, it was cool to see Luminari and Barriss fighting in sync with each other.

The crystal is the heart of the blade...
    The heart is the crystal of the jedi...
    The jedi is crystal of the Force...
    The Force is the blade of the heart...

All are intertwinned: the crystal...the blade...the jedi. You are one with the blade

now that's the kinda stuff I wanted from the miniseries chapters!

8. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    OMG...that was just too cool!!!

Geoff and I were like, Yoda just didn't...in the beginning!!! And that look Padme gave Yoda was great when he did it the first time.

The next one is starting to look even cooler then ever!

But no one can beat Master Yoda!!! :D

9. DarthDurance

Mar 29, 2004
    Maybe it's just me, but every time I see Yoda fight it makes me giggle...

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Yoda using the jedi mind-trick on Captain Typho was great, it even took me a second to realize Typho was mirroring even Yoda's gestures. Em and I pretty much had the same reaction as C3PO and R2 ;)

every time I see Yoda fight it makes me giggle...
    I know...but it's so great watching the little ankle-biter :D

11. DarthDurance

Mar 29, 2004
    Chapter 16 a little on the boring side...no jedi just droids and lasters.

12. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    A little boring?! It sucked! We didnt need to see that!

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Well you know they had to work Padme into one of the chapters...and it also gave a chance to get Anthony Daniels in the mix. I was surprised that they didn't have Yoda and Luminara/Barriss come to her rescue, except that it shows Padme can take care of herself.

14. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Yeah, this episode was a little boring, but I couldn't stop laughing at the part where Padme had Threepio get her coat...and without any doubt he just agreed to do it, lol.

15. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Just watched 15 and 16. Not too bad.

Oh, and if you click on the Dark Side side of the "player" on cartoonnetwork.com, you will notice the General has been added to the picture of the villains above the chapters. However, he hasn't been added to the bios, but I'm guessing that will change on Friday.

16. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    wow...I found the episodes with Mace the MOST boring ones so far...Padme's were different and worth watching in my opinion....

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Chapter 17 was good, and a little heart-breaking at times.
    Anakin's starfighter and R4 are blown up by Asajj Ventress Noooooooooooooo!!! I just got the frell-ing thing for X-Mas!

I liked that they picked Yavin 4 as the backdrop for the battle between Anakin and Assajj. It gives a little nod to Yavin 4 in both the films and EU.

Assajj using the Force to take out the clonetroopers was awesome. I keep watching the one that she smashes into a tree, flips over, and smashes again, and think "I know she's evil...but that just looks like fun" [face_devil]

Caught a preview of the extended chapter 20 episode...attention Amy Allen fans, our favorite jedi makes an appearance and so does a certain GENERAL! For those of you who don't think EU (including the miniseries) are SW cannon) the laest issue of "Star Wars Insider" says:

"The folks at Skywalker Ranch were liking what we've done in the cartoon so far," recalls Cartoon Network art director Paul Rudish, "and they said, "maybe we need to pull a Boba-Fett-with -the-Holiday-special type of thingand give you a little sneak preview of the new baddie that you're going to see in the next movie."

So basically, "the folks at Skywalker Ranch" (and you know GL is keeping control of the product) like what Cartoon Network is doing...and consider it part of the overall SW universe.

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The scenes where Anakin was approaching Yavin 4 were brilliant. But he isn't the sharpest pencil in the box, is he? Every clone trooper but one is dead when he finally realizes something's wrong.

19. DarthDurance

Mar 29, 2004
    Very quick, up and on his toes...maybe he should listen to Obi Won a little more...

20. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    That episode was funny heh. Loved how the troopers were getting thrown around like rag dolls, especially that one being flung like 50 feet thru the air behind that unsuspecting trooper lol. And did anyone hear the "Wilhelm"?! They put that trademark sound effect scream in the episode! That was just totally sweet!
    But why did they have to cut it off at the end when Anakin and Asajj were fighting? I HATE THAT!

21. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I watched that. It was sweet. Reminded me of playing Jedi Outcast, when you can singlehandedly own an entire squadron of stormtroopers. I must say that they totally ended that episode in the wrong place. They should've done a TPM "uncloaking" scene before the duel and just stopped it there. Starting the fight and stopping in the middle of it is just not cool! And I also felt bad about R4 and Anakin's Starfighter. Didn't want to see that happen, but hey, I am guessing that Obi-Wan or Mace or even Yoda will be coming to Anakin's aide soon enough.

22. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    All I can say is I HATE cliff hangars!

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    And did anyone hear the "Wilhelm"?!
    Yes, I caught that...you cant throw troopers around without using that classic (at least once)

Starting the fight and stopping in the middle of it is just not cool!
    I think it was cool the way they gave you a preview of the Anakin/Assajj fight, after all that buildup. Comic books do stuff like that all the time...it builds up the drama and anticipation for the next issue. The old "Batman" TV series used to do it every episode.

Speaking of which, how about round 1 of Anakin Assajj? (good stuff) Anyone notice how Assajj uses alot of force telekenetic attacks (throwing stuff at Anakin) got me thinking about when Darth Vader uses that same trick on Luke in ESB. Then there is the "Crouching Jedi, Hidden Sith" action in the trees. Anakin...my man...you just keep walking into sucker-punch after sucker-punch!

I loved the way they ended this one...with the rain sizzeling on the lightsaber blade. If you listen close to Obi-Wan/Jango (AOTC) you can hear that same kinda effect on Obi-Wan's blade. So while lightsabers cannot work submerged in water...they will work in the rain.

((ding)) round 2 begins!!!

EDIT: I can't claim credit for this...but I loved the would-be title on the small screen Star Wars thread:

"My Name is Anakin Skywalker, You Killed My Droid, Prepare To Die"

Frell-ing priceless!!! :D

24. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    So while lightsabers cannot work submerged in water...

Dude, Kit Fisto. Season One.

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I know, did they ever explain why that worked..but Obi-Wan's shorted out on Naboo (hence why he was running from the STAPs)...it's a deleted scene, but it's part of the TPM novelization (so it's cool with me)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.