main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cartoon Network Clone Wars Microseries Update

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    [image=http://students.ou.edu/C/Drew.K.Cashion-1/Grievious.gif]
    I saw this today and thought I'd share. I dont agree with it but thought it was funny.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    to say nothing of these annoying "Teen Titan" cartoons.

I kinda like the Teen Titans, my son and I watch them on Saturdays.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I kinda like the Teen Titans, my son and I watch them on Saturdays.
    Sorry about that...I was never a huge fan of the Robin spin-off series. Any show that a father and so can watch together is ok by me!

4. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Okay, I'm a little late in finally watching all of them, but...

Speaking of the crushed padawan...since when did Shaggy join the Jedi? And where was Scoob?
    [face_laugh]

[face_shocked] What happened to Aayla?!
    Did Shaak Ti die? :confused:

Personally, I don't really think this Grievous guy is all that. I don't know. He's too over the top.
    Meh.

5. DarthDurance

DarthDurance Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    I was wondering the same thing about Aalya and Shaak Ti...I was pretty sure they are both supposed to be in Eps.3...and I am also not a big Grievous fan, but then again I'll give my final opinion after I see him on the big screen.

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Interesting little thing, from Outlander's haven site (ComiCon)...thanks Ithorian!

Orli Shoshan (Shaak-Ti) introduced herself as Shaak Ti, from BOTH AOTC and Episode III...apparently she DID survive her encounter with General Grievous in CLONE WARS cartoon!

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Sorry about that...I was never a huge fan of the Robin spin-off series.

Not a problem. Did you ever watch Batman Beyond? If so, what did you think of that?

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I liked Batman Beyond, although I never got a chance to see the "Return of the Joker" movie. I think one of the problems was that none of the main villians ever really caught on (like a Joker of Two-Face) and bringing back "Mr. Freeze" was just a way to have 1 bad guy to bring the 2 timelines together.

I do like "Justice League" and how they seem to be trying to re-invent "The Legion of Doom"...it's "Superfriends" all over again!

Do you think they kept the CLONE WARS miniseries to 4 minutes...so they would not have to worry about getting too side-tracked with Assaj and Durge storylines, that might interfere with Episode III?

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    although I never got a chance to see the "Return of the Joker" movie.

It was pretty good. It had a few twists that left me surprised. I thought that the story was very well done.

it's "Superfriends" all over again!

Every once in a blue moon I catch an episode of SuperFriends on Cartoon Network. Boy does it bring back the memories of the good old days when I wasn't... old [face_plain].

Honestly, I think that it was just something to test the waters for a SW crossover to TV. I don't remember ever watching them but the "Droids" and "Ewok" shows that came out during the OT didn't seems to have that big of a fan-base (at least from what I hear). LFL probably wanted to make sure something like the Clone Wars cartoon would be welcome to TV viewers before making more full length episodes (either in cartoon or live action form).

10. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!!! Highlight below for further details for both Shaak-Ti and Aayla Secura.

EDIT by Krash: Moved to the Episode III spoiler board...appreciate the info, but even though it's related to CLONE WARS, for everyone's sake...it's better there.

11. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I am posting this ambigious reply for those that don't want to be spoiled from my last reply. Hence the tall post with nothing in it.

End of post.
    -Sal

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I am posting this ambigious reply for those that don't want to be spoiled from my last reply. Hence the tall post with nothing in it.

Or you could have just put it in the SPOILERS thread instead 8-}.

13. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Well, I'm glad that he posted it here though, since I wanted to know now about them, and not wait until Ep. III. (Since I don't go into the spoiler thread.)

14. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! :mad: (at self)
    I'm spoiler free. But I just couldn't resist trying to read the white-on-white lettering. I didn't hilight the text. Just strained my eyes and read that first line.
    I didn't want to know! :_|

15. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Could you edit those remarks out, Sal? I know you don't know this, but a lot of people here are trying to remain spoiler free so we keep all spoiler posts in our spoiler thread. Thanks.

16. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah... in Aragorn terms, "that was not so courteous." I couldn't resist being that it wasn't in the spoiler thread... and now I regret it!

17. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm afraid I have to disagree Eric. It's obvious that Sal was trying to be courteous with the special lettering and the long empty post afterward. What he posted overlaps with Clone Wars and Episode III so it's completely understandable that he would put it here instead of in the spoiler thread. Krash edited it, problem solved, lesson learned. :)

18. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I agree. Sal specifically made his comments in the acceptible higlight-it-if-you-want-it text.
    It was our own stupid fault if we didn't have enough self control. :p

19. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    If this is how well we resist temptation its a good thing we aren't really Jedi Knights. ;)

I agree Grevious was a bit over the top but so was most of the action, Mace flying around, the duel between Anakin and Asaaj(sp?), but then thats cartoons.

20. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I also thought that Grievous was over the top. Him picking up the 3rd lightsaber with his foot and attacking Ki-Adi Mundi with only one foot to stand on was kinda rediculous. There were reports of him being able to wield more than two lightsabers at a time, but using his feet is just silly.

Mace "flying around" really isn't that off base. Remember when Anakin jumped out of the speeder and landed on Zam's speeder? He was weaving through traffic, moving from side to side, and was able to slow his decent in order to land on Zam's craft. That, at least to me, would imply some strong use of the Force to accomplish. Something that a Jedi Master and the Chosen One should be able to handle.

21. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    But Jedi generally can't knock down whole armies with a single Force shove.
    I think that Mace episode was rediculous.

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    True. Force Push can be very handy but to be able to knock over dozens of droids with a single wave of the hand was overkill.

23. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    re*dic*u*lous - not a word

ri·dic·u·lous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-dky-ls)
    adj.
    Deserving or inspiring ridicule; absurd, preposterous, or silly. See Synonyms at foolish.

[face_devil] ;)

And, yeah, I watched the Grievous episode again last week and was saying to myself, "This is just stupid. He's tearing through these Jedi like they were paper and half of them are in Episode III. How are they still alive?"

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I was wondering about that myself...1 jedi surviving the encounter with Grievous would make sense, but if they didn't want to kill a well known jedi (until Episode III) then don't have them in da room. Unless, leaving survivors was part of the intimidation factor...so they'd go back to Coruscant like "Lt. Hudson" in Aliens

"Game over man!"

I think the Aragorn quote was not very accurate, true Sal posted what many consider an Ep III spoiler...but he did show the curtousy of making the text only viewed by highlighting it. I moved it at Don's request, but Sal showed more concern for people's "spoiler threshold" then some others have...in the past.

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I just read that CLONE WARS has been nominated for an Emmy! Why not...if nobody gives SW credit at the Oscars!

Also, CLONE WARS will be coming to DVD in spring 2005, around the same time as the debut of the third season of Star Wars: Clone Wars on Cartoon Network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.