main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Cartoon Network's Clone Wars Series! 20 Animated Shorts!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Sebulba-X, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    "I find your lack of shorts disturbing."

No, silly rabbit, not those kind of shorts. Check this out.

2. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Exciting...most exciting. It's too bad I don't have cable. I'm patient, though. I'll wait for the inevitable DVD.

3. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
  4. sidra

sidra Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2002
    DAMN! THAT LOOKS COOL!!!

5. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    So when does the DVD come out?

6. jordankarr

jordankarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    I want to see these... I Must find out when they will be starting... I MUST WATCH I MUST WATCH I MUST WATCH!!! I love Samuri Jack so if this is done as well as Jack then It should be longer than 3mins... but I will take what we can get...

7. BobaTom

BobaTom Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2002
    I wonder if the twenty 3-min shorts are all parts of one 60 min story or 20 different stories. Anybody know/care?

Thanks

8. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Cool idea, I like the idea of them being a serial like that.

9. theWOOK

theWOOK Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    First off Samurai Jack is one of the most well done & visually amazing cartoons ever done for TV.

Each SJ episode is a stand alone episode that is part of a bigger on going story. I am going to say the SW cartoon would probably be set up like this. The original idea for the cartoon at one point was a cartoon series. It would be hard to introduce, start, develop, and resolve a new story every 3 minutes.

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    If you're not reading the above linked articles, then these could be considered spoilers for the cartoon series....you've been warned:

From what I gather, when it's all said and done, you'll be able to watch all the shorts in order (probably on special edition DVD and VHS :rolleyes: ) and it will be one continuous story. Then main plot follows Anakin & Obi-Wan, but there's a couple of tangents here and there including the likes of Kit Fisto, Yoda, and Padme. Apparently Dooku and Anakin will spar off again during the series, and Obi-Wan will fight some jousting/swoop riding bounty hunter that can reattach his severed limbs. Unfortunately, imho, they're throwing out the term "Dark Jedi" for the unused female sith design from Ep2. She's being sent by Dooku to assasinate Anakin, so it's safe to say she'll bite it. They are also going with the ARC Clone Trooper design from a recent or upcoming comic book, and there's a jungle battle, which should be pretty cool.

I really like the Samurai Jack cartoon, borrowed a little too liberally from "Seven Samurai", but who isn't being "inspired" by Kurosawa these days?

11. theWOOK

Apr 3, 2002
    It is funny you mentioned Kurosawa. I am currently teaching a unit on him in my film studies course. And I made the same comparison to SJ, when we listed projects he influenced.

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Was it the first SJ episode where he helps the dogs fight the evil robots? (if you haven't seen SJ, then that would sound really, really weird ;) )...that was really blatant use (or does calling it a tribute make it ok?) of Seven Samurai....but anyway, I think it's funny that this team is paired up with Lucas who has admitted on several ocassions of being influenced by Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, and particularly, the Hidden Fortress. Bah! Not wanting to pretend to be a film student...the cartoon should be really cool, even though 3 minutes (hopefully) weekly and previous EU influences give me a slight pause.

13. RavingMad

RavingMad Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2002
    I need cable.

14. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm sure there will be 500 websites with downloadable video ready and waiting 5 minutes after each episode. ;)

15. theWOOK

Apr 3, 2002
    This will make me sound like a SJ addict, but I know this because after each episode it gives the episode number and the 10:00 run started over this week with #1.

But to answer your question sebulba.

Episode 1-Ancient Japan, father kidnapped, Jack wisked away as a boy and trains with every great culture (vikings, turks, african tribes, english, mongols) Grows up returns to fight Aku, defeats him but he is banished to future.

Episode 2-starts in future is given the name jack by a bunch of gang members who keep saying "hey jack,..." to him, meets the talking dogs (who all look like Mr. Peabody from the wayback machine cartoon)

Episode 3-defeats the robots for the dogs

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Gotcha'...when SJ first debuted, I think they lumped 3 or so episodes together for a mini movie, that's why I'd called it the first episode.

17. theWOOK

Apr 3, 2002
    You are right they did, I forgot that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.