main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series cartoon to live action? TCW - part of the saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darthfettus2015, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Not sure where this should go...but having recently finally watched the 2003 and 2008 clone wars (not the whole TV series') I am wondering if people consider them part of the saga? Ive put the DVDs on the shelf inbetween 3 and 4 - I know they are not part of 1-6/9 but they are merely a continuation of Ep2 I guess - which leads onto another question - what CW scenes would you have liked to have seen made for the films?

From 2003 id love to have seen the jousting battle done as part of the main film and the duel in the rain on Yavin (i think) between Anakin and Ventress (or similar battle in rain with the fizzing sabres)

From 2008 - the battle up the vertical wall of the palace
    ..i guess they could have been at the end of 2 or beginning of 3 in a 4 hour version of both :)

2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    You'll get different answers on this. I like TCW cartoon, but the only thing I count as part of the story is what is in the films. I don't count anything else. Others do. It just depends on who you ask

Things I would have liked to see in the films...............

The Clone Wars cartoon offers us an Anakin that is closer to the good friend Kenobi describes in ANH. I wish the movies had more of that. It also showed us more of Anakin the pilot, which I enjoyed. I like when he leads the attack against the Malevolence as an example of something specific.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  3. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Moving to Star Wars Television from Saga

4. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I consider The Clone Wars (2008) to be part of the saga. My family had never watched Star Wars, so I showed them episode 2, TCW, episode 3, and soon I'll show them the OT.

5. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    They aren't part of my canon simply because it's just a huge amount of information -- over one hundred episodes -- and I expect the vast majority of fans have not seen all of them. There's also the fact that there's a ton of contradictory information about that era and so I, personally, only count what is in the films and the deleted scenes as my canon since I think it's a reasonable amount of material that most fans will have easy access to. But that's just me.

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I consider the first 21 chapters of the 2D series part of the saga, and the entirety of the 3D series. To be fair, on the whole, I think we're meant to assume that they're part of the saga. The 3D series more so.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I have no issue with considering TCW, in its entirety, part of the saga.

"He was the best star pilot in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior... And he was a good friend." TCW showed that in spades. We never really got much of it in the movies, just "it's all Obi-Wan's fault he's holding me back" but TCW showed us the friend and battle brother spoken of in ANH.

CW is more spotty... Parts of it are ok... Other parts a bit preposterous.

Toonimator likes this.
  8. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    TCW, most of it I consider canon, but the Maul stuff, not so much.

9. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    any bits tho that could have been included in say Ep2 or Ep3 in live action, the jousting battle would have looked amazing in full blown live action

10. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    jousting battle?

11. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013

Paparazzo likes this.
  12. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    ah

had a feeling it was durge, but couldn't remember who it was against. thanks :)

Circular_Logic likes this.
  13. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Same thing for me. It's my cannon of the war.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    TCW is part of the Saga IMO.

15. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    The Clone Wars, movie and series, is episode II 1/2 to me, and in my opinion, required viewing for fans.

As far as Star Wars is concerned to me, if I can watch it, it's canon.

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I would consider the micro-series my Episode 2.5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.